X

xandermax

Aug 25, 2024
I know this has been brought up before. But I really want my body to be of use to people with a greater will to live than myself.

Is it possible to call the hospital or emergency services prior to hanging one's self, with the intent on having medical services collect your body with enough time to recover your organs in a usable state for donation?

Can anyone who works in healthcare fill me in? Do you think emergency / ambulance and emergency doctors would respect my wishes to die and donate my organs? Or would they be compelled to try to save my life?

• Hugs
Reactions: Little_Suzy
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
This won't work bc they would have to catch you exactly in the moment when you're "brain dead" but still somehow "alive" and that is impossible that this is gonna work. If they arrive too early you'll be rescued and resuscitated when they are too late you're already dead and your organs can't be used anymore.

Reactions: Little_Suzy
Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
Death by suicide is considered a suspicious death, and a thorough investigation into the cause of death will be conducted at the scene.

Have you heard of living organ donation? You can donate a kidney, a portion of your liver, and other organs and tissues while alive.

Living Organ Donation | organdonor.gov