Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
I recall reading that Nembutal could result in organ damage (in the unlikely event you were to survive). Were they most likely referring to the brain, or would it include other organs as well? Is it because of an excess of the drug in your system that causes the damage to your other organs?

Hypothetically, If I were to drink under 5 ml of the drug to see if it would be enough for me to pass out (non lethal), would I still be at risk of organ damage at such a low dose?

Reactions: WOODESITY, wordsonscreen and TooMuchToBear
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
I'm not a doctor but it makes sense for a poison to be able to damage a couple of organs.

Reactions: LastFlowers, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Wrennie and 2 others
wordsonscreen

wordsonscreen

Peanuts aren't nuts! They're seeds!
Jan 21, 2021
I feel like N is pretty reliable in completion if taken properly. Not sure on the damage if one wakes up but I imagine it cant be good... I wonder what SN does in terms of waking up/being interrupted.

Reactions: LastFlowers and Wrennie
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
They probably mean brain damage from lack of oxygen to the brain.

Reactions: Wrennie and wordsonscreen
LaminarFlow

LaminarFlow

Feb 1, 2021
I agree with
They probably mean brain damage from lack of oxygen to the brain

At high doses N will induce a deep respiratory depression and the brain will be the first to suffer from lack of oxygen. Those who survived and recovered from a lethal dose have been discovered early and given some sort of artificial respiration. Once the drug was eliminated from the body they were mainly fine (but had some explanation to do and a hefty medical bill).

N was widely prescribed for sleep disorders and at lower doses such as those known to induce sedation in adults (around 100-200mg) it is thought to be relatively safe. If you hypothetically are planning to test some N, beware of possible drug interactions if you are taking other medications. Go slow and read the notice!

I once took 2ml of N (solution for injection; 50mg/ml) to see what it tastes like. I didn't pass out and after half and hour or so I went to bed and had a *really* good night's sleep !

• Love
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, TerminallyAlive, Mindy and 2 others
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
I agree with

At high doses N will induce a deep respiratory depression and the brain will be the first to suffer from lack of oxygen. Those who survived and recovered from a lethal dose have been discovered early and given some sort of artificial respiration. Once the drug was eliminated from the body they were mainly fine (but had some explanation to do and a hefty medical bill).

N was widely prescribed for sleep disorders and at lower doses such as those known to induce sedation in adults (around 100-200mg) it is thought to be relatively safe. If you hypothetically are planning to test some N, beware of possible drug interactions if you are taking other medications. Go slow and read the notice!

I once took 2ml of N (solution for injection; 50mg/ml) to see what it tastes like. I didn't pass out and after half and hour or so I went to bed and had a *really* good night's sleep !
Your in-depth response & detailing of your experience is much appreciated. :heart:

Is there a chance that the solution of N was suspended in alcohol (the type that can cause blindness)? Do you know of there being any other chemicals aside from N that are contained within the solution and could cause a negative reaction if consumed by a human being?

Last edited:
Reactions: wordsonscreen
LaminarFlow

LaminarFlow

Feb 1, 2021
Is there a chance that the solution of N was suspended in alcohol (the type that can cause blindness)? Do you know of there being any other chemicals aside from N that are contained within the solution and could cause a negative reaction if consumed by a human being?

Liquid formulations of pentobarbital from reputable sources of veterinary or medical pharmaceuticals (like N) contain additional components that are there for solubility or to stabilize the drug (saline, propylene glycol, ethanol, sometimes a dye) and are generally considered as safe in humans.

The alcohol used is the kind that makes you tipsy, not the kind that makes you blind.

BeSafe

• Love
Reactions: Wrennie
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
Liquid formulations of pentobarbital from reputable sources of veterinary or medical pharmaceuticals (like N) contain additional components that are there for solubility or to stabilize the drug (saline, propylene glycol, ethanol, sometimes a dye) and are generally considered as safe in humans.

The alcohol used is the kind that makes you tipsy, not the kind that makes you blind.

BeSafe
Thank you so much for the clarification!!

A

Aloha

Jul 31, 2020
I agree with

What did it taste like to you? Very bad tasting?

WOODESITY

WOODESITY

Experienced
Mar 15, 2019
I think nembutal can be compared to other CNS central nervous system depressants like alcohol and cyanide, in case of hypothermia heart slows down and when brain cells start dying that's where brain damage is being done, same can happen to other organs and similar like not having enough blood/oxygen in organs causing to shut down.

It's possible that one gets permanent or temporary organ damage

LaminarFlow

LaminarFlow

Feb 1, 2021
What did it taste like to you? Very bad tasting?

There is no way denying that N tastes very bad.

There is nothing I can really compare it to. No food, no drink I can relate it to. Pure N felt like very concentrated bitterness … I first swallowed 1ml of N (50mg/ml solution) then rinsed my mouth with water and took 1ml of N again but added a small drop of syrup (Cherry-flavored, not because I like it but because the taste is stronger). Syrup helps.

I plan to coat my mouth and tongue with thick honey (a tip given in a thread somewhere on ss) and drink my potion quickly, without hesitation, and flush the taste afterwards with a sweet drink or take a piece of chocolate (also a suggestion from a thread) .

So yes it tastes bad, but with these tricks I am convinced I can cope with it and take all my N (200ml) when my time will come.

How my stomach will deal with it is another question (will take antiemetics).

Reactions: tryingtoescape
greyhound

greyhound

Arcanist
Oct 8, 2020
N does something in the brain that seems to be neuroprotective even when hypoxic. I think someone mentioned they had some heart damage due to the rescucitation attempts though (not directly related to N). I can imagine there could be residual liver / kidney damage from trying to eliminate such a large dose of something but I am just speculating about this.

LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
I feel like N is pretty reliable in completion if taken properly. Not sure on the damage if one wakes up but I imagine it cant be good... I wonder what SN does in terms of waking up/being interrupted.
I still worry about waking up somehow, not as worried about being interrupted.
Does anyone know if there have been any cases with SN where the regimen was done properly, with no interruptions, and the person woke up on their own after ingesting it?

wordsonscreen

wordsonscreen

Jan 21, 2021
I still worry about waking up somehow, not as worried about being interrupted.
Does anyone know if there have been any cases with SN where the regimen was done properly, with no interruptions, and the person woke up on their own after ingesting it?
I have not heard of this. Recovery from SN is pretty reliable tbh.

LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
I have not heard of this. Recovery from SN is pretty reliable tbh.
I wouldn't want to recover, I am concerned about waking up and being left in a position that requires medical care (I cannot land myself in the hospital, under no circumstances) or else die a slow death from the leftover SN effects, no food or water, etc.

wordsonscreen

wordsonscreen

Jan 21, 2021
I wouldn't want to recover, I am concerned about waking up and being left in a position that requires medical care (I cannot land myself in the hospital, under no circumstances) or else die a slow death from the leftover SN effects, no food or water, etc.
I see... Yeah that would be a nightmare situation but v unlikely. Now sure how that is even possible.

Reactions: LastFlowers
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
I see... Yeah that would be a nightmare situation but v unlikely. Now sure how that is even possible.
I'm hoping you're right, but I suppose anything is possible. Someone's body chemistry or makeup could have some idiosyncratic way of reacting or metabolizing the SN, etc. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't an actual documented case of this happening.

• Aww..
wordsonscreen

wordsonscreen

Jan 21, 2021
I'm hoping you're right, but I suppose anything is possible. Someone's body chemistry or makeup could have some idiosyncratic way of reacting or metabolizing the SN, etc. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't an actual documented case of this happening.
Good point. Make a new post and comment on the SN megathread?

LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Good point. Make a new post and comment on the SN megathread?
Ty. I have commented this in the past on SN threads, but I usually get no response.

• Hugs
wordsonscreen

wordsonscreen

Jan 21, 2021
Ty. I have commented this in the past on SN threads, but I usually get no response.
Which is good news

Sorry Wrennie for hijacking your thread :p <3

Last edited:
  • Hugs
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Which is good news
Maybe, but not necessarily lol, I think people were just ignoring it because they didn't know either, or didn't want to know. I was hoping someone familiar with all the known cases would speak up, I've tried looking through some of them myself but a few are confusing and it's hard to tell what even went wrong when their attempt failed. I'm also quite sure that I haven't yet stumbled upon every single case documented.

wordsonscreen

wordsonscreen

Jan 21, 2021
Maybe, but not necessarily lol, I think people were just ignoring it because they didn't know either, or didn't want to know. I was hoping someone familiar with all the known cases would speak up, I've tried looking through some of them myself but a few are confusing and it's hard to tell what even went wrong when their attempt failed. I'm also quite sure that I haven't yet stumbled upon every single case documented.
This kind of info WILL be hard to find. The police usually hide details of suicides.