Mustkeyknow

Mustkeyknow

Experienced
Feb 8, 2020
It couldn't get delivered because there was no one home, thank God. I have to pick it up by July 10th or it'll get send back to the sender.

I was triggered listening to yet another younger person than me talk about how they're almost ending their computer science degree. Which is something that I always wanted to study but at almost 34 seems like that's simply not on the cards for me. Feels like everyone around me is blossoming but me. I am devastated.

I know I sound like a broken record and I'm sorry. My job sucks, no good company will hire me and I just, I feel like what's the point anymore? I just feel so fucking sad. Because I had the chance to study that three years ago, I applied to a really good college in my country and I got accepted, but I took a shitty job instead because money, and I really thought that since being a government job I was set for life. How wrong I was.

Now I'm older, and stuck in life. I see those job openings and they're all tech related. My finance degree is worthless. I hate myself so much for making the wrong choices, and before you ask, yeah I've done coursera and codeacademy, but I want the real thing. I want to become an engineer. I want the bachelors degree and then maybe a masters in engineering, but at this age? What a joke.

That's why I want to catch the bus. Life's funny huh? A fucking comedy, like the joker would say. Sad doesn't even begin to cut it.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Chiyuki99, Raminiki and Aliali1992
Aliali1992

Aliali1992

We only live once..i hope
Jan 3, 2020
I really feel your pain..i struggle with wrong choices too that got me stuck in a life 180 degrees different from what i wanted...i know the feeling of blaming yourself every second and everyday and not having an atom of energy to carry on in a life you hate....maybe before CTB have you tried to accept things and your self and peronality as it is? I relised most of the times it seems that we got ourselves to this point but really a lot of other factors come to play and if you think about it you couldn't have done much else with the circumstances you had...don't be too harsh on yourself.

Raminiki

Raminiki

Iustitia Mortuus
Jun 12, 2020
As children our education should involve how to choose a degree course, how to deal with personal finances, rent and mortgages, and all the life skills we need to cope. People can't even cook when they leave for higher education! Alas, we're thrown into the wider world making guesses at best, and decisions can trap us on unsuitable tracks for the most important years of our lives for future careers. I feel you.

I changed my course in education. I put myself into a degree like you, didn't do my final year, and later started over in college with a completely different subject. I was one of the oldest in the class, still made excellent achievements. I'd need to move to go onto degree and that's what has me stagnated at present. I'm in my third decade. Education is for all ages.

Don't give up because you're a certain age. Look into funding you may be eligible for. You can also use past experience and other qualifications to get into an appropriate year. I hope you have some options. Sorry if my suggestions are of no help due to other circumstances you face.

• Love
Reactions: Saed and Aliali1992
Mustkeyknow

Mustkeyknow

Experienced
Feb 8, 2020
I really feel your pain..i struggle with wrong choices too that got me stuck in a life 180 degrees different from what i wanted...i know the feeling of blaming yourself every second and everyday and not having an atom of energy to carry on in a life you hate....maybe before CTB have you tried to accept things and your self and peronality as it is? I relised most of the times it seems that we got ourselves to this point but really a lot of other factors come to play and if you think about it you couldn't have done much else with the circumstances you had...don't be too harsh on yourself.
Yeah I try to accept the present as it is. I go to my job, perform my duties as best I can, try to socialize even though I'm sure everyone can see through my depression, and then go home and sleep all day because I can't stand reality. It is what it is i guess.
As children our education should involve how to choose a degree course, how to deal with personal finances, rent and mortgages, and all the life skills we need to cope. People can't even cook when they leave for higher education! Alas, we're thrown into the wider world making guesses at best, and decisions can trap us on unsuitable tracks for the most important years of our lives for future careers. I feel you.

I changed my course in education. I put myself into a degree like you, didn't do my final year, and later started over in college with a completely different subject. I was one of the oldest in the class, still made excellent achievements. I'd need to move to go onto degree and that's what has me stagnated at present. I'm in my third decade. Education is for all ages.

Don't give up because you're a certain age. Look into funding you may be eligible for. You can also use past experience and other qualifications to get into an appropriate year. I hope you have some options. Sorry if my suggestions are of no help due to other circumstances you face.
Yeah I feel like I wasn't properly taught how to choose a life path and now my life is just a mess. The thing is, I see that I'm becoming my parents, who also fucked up in life real bad. I don't want to be the victim no more but part of me still blames them for having me and not teaching me the right track, in their defense they did support all of my previous endeavors. I was trying online classes but i failed. I really feel like something like computer science should be learn in a classroom. What are you majoring in?

Last edited:
Raminiki

Raminiki

Iustitia Mortuus
Jun 12, 2020
Yeah I try to accept the present as it is. I go to my job, perform my duties as best I can, try to socialize even though I'm sure everyone can see through my depression, and then go home and sleep all day because I can't stand reality. It is what it is i guess.

Yeah I feel like I wasn't properly taught how to choose a life path and now my life is just a mess. The thing is, I see that I'm becoming my parents, who also fucked up in life real bad. I don't want to be the victim no more but part of me still blames them for having me and not teaching me the right track, in their defense they did support all of my previous endeavors. I was trying online classes but i failed. I really feel like something like computer science should be learn in a classroom. What are you majoring in?

I too tried online classes to finish my original degree and couldn't do it. Face to face and the routine of the lecture hall and labs were necessary. I couldn't face continuing to study something I didn't enjoy and withdrew.

Have a good search for available courses and don't be reluctant to go to open days and ask about opportunities for mature students. You never know what you'll stumble across. There are means and setups to help older students get back into education. Even financial support if you meet the criteria.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Mustkeyknow and Saed
aminend

aminend

Warlock
May 24, 2020
It couldn't get delivered because there was no one home, thank God. I have to pick it up by July 10th or it'll get send back to the sender.

I was triggered listening to yet another younger person than me talk about how they're almost ending their computer science degree. Which is something that I always wanted to study but at almost 34 seems like that's simply not on the cards for me. Feels like everyone around me is blossoming but me. I am devastated.

I know I sound like a broken record and I'm sorry. My job sucks, no good company will hire me and I just, I feel like what's the point anymore? I just feel so fucking sad. Because I had the chance to study that three years ago, I applied to a really good college in my country and I got accepted, but I took a shitty job instead because money, and I really thought that since being a government job I was set for life. How wrong I was.

Now I'm older, and stuck in life. I see those job openings and they're all tech related. My finance degree is worthless. I hate myself so much for making the wrong choices, and before you ask, yeah I've done coursera and codeacademy, but I want the real thing. I want to become an engineer. I want the bachelors degree and then maybe a masters in engineering, but at this age? What a joke.

That's why I want to catch the bus. Life's funny huh? A fucking comedy, like the joker would say. Sad doesn't even begin to cut it.
Why didnt u successful previous time by SN? And this time what new work do u want to do to?

Mustkeyknow

Mustkeyknow

Experienced
Feb 8, 2020
Why didnt u successful previous time by SN? And this time what new work do u want to do to?
The first one I threw it away. The second one I took a sip and got horribly sick, mom found out and threw it away. This time I don't know, thirds time the charm I guess
I too tried online classes to finish my original degree and couldn't do it. Face to face and the routine of the lecture hall and labs were necessary. I couldn't face continuing to study something I didn't enjoy and withdrew.

I went from classic science with a background in biology, chemistry, environmental science, geology and geography to outdoor adventure with hiking, kayaking, canoeing, rock climbing, mountain biking and more. Polar opposites. Where I didn't have enough qualifications to secure a full time job position, I did a lot of voluntary work to build up experience. I enjoyed it and wish I could continue onto degree, but am trapped and isolated from that opportunity.

Have a good search for available courses and don't be reluctant to go to open days and ask about opportunities for mature students. You never know what you'll stumble across. There are means and setups to help older students get back into education. Even financial support if you meet the criteria.
If I may ask, why do you feel that you are trapped and isolated from that opportunity?

Last edited:
aminend

aminend

Warlock
May 24, 2020
The first one I threw it away. The second one I took a sip and got horribly sick, mom found out and threw it away. This time I don't know, thirds time the charm I guess

If I may ask, why do you feel that you are trapped and isolated from that opportunity?
How much in gram did u take second time? I want to do it soon and I want to do it true. Any advice to me based ur experience?

Mustkeyknow

Mustkeyknow

Experienced
Feb 8, 2020
How much in gram did u take second time? I want to do it soon and I want to do it true. Any advice to me based ur experience?
I'm not the best example for that. I did the whole thing incorrectly, read STANS guide, it has all the information you need.

Raminiki

Raminiki

Iustitia Mortuus
Jun 12, 2020

It's a complicated car crash of circumstances.