Dizzy_Dreams

Dizzy_Dreams

I’m never alone, I’m alone all the time.
Jun 25, 2020
How much of our environment do you really think makes us who we are?

I grew up in a dysfunctional family around yelling, had parents with low IQs that didn't want to be parents, no real socialization and no education. Days were spent at home with my older sisters watching me and my younger brother until they eventually moved out.

I was always been odd kid. Heavily into dogs, anime, daydreams, Music, and like attention.

I guess I had anxiety as a kid id get nervous when my mom and sister would fight I was sad when my sister left because she was more like a mom to me.

I became heavily addicted to the internet by the time I was ten and it was my only way to talk to people.

but I also became heavily hyper sexual at a young age (which I don't understand because I never went through sexual abuse only emotional neglect and neglected and other ways)

I also had listening issues and issues with angry and jealousy and stuff..

I went from moving animals to bullying my brother cat as a kid.

from as early as I knew what sex was up until my adulthood I've been pretty heavily into sex even though I'm physically scared of others so although I have thoughts of it and issues with excessive masturbation (I developed this as early as six and it increased)

Could my bad habits and weird thoughts be due to the way I was raised and being so isolated and different from everyone? Or is there more to it?

Does environment really effect people and how they turn out?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: 𖣴 nadia 𖣴, Blondi, BandAddict and 1 other person
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Yes, the environment will shape the genes. The only two things at play are the genes and the environment (from my usual perspective, anyway).

Reactions: Ame and BandAddict
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I think environment really affects people.
For instance, if you're born in the slums, you will probably be poor forever. Sure, there are some exceptions but it's very difficult.

If you were raised in a toxic family or abused, you will probably develop some mental illnesses and be an insecure person.

For example, I had a nice family but my mom started suffering from schizophrenia and things got really unstable.
I was just 12 and she embarassed me as much as she could and made my days hell.
To make matters worse, at school, I was totally ignored by my classmates and was forced to stay in that goddamn classroom for 6 hours a day.

I think I wouldn't suffer from bipolar disorder and I might not even be suicidal if my adolescence had been normal.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: LifeQuitter2018, Ame and BandAddict
StringPuppet

StringPuppet

Lost
Oct 5, 2020
I 100% blame my environment for how I turned out

motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
I think environment really affects people.
For instance, if you're born in the slums, you will probably be poor forever. Sure, there are some exceptions but it's very difficult.
It's so obvious you're not American. Poor people are just lazy - if you pull yourself up by your bootstraps & work ten minimum-wage jobs while getting the best education that no money at all can buy & thinking only happy thoughts, you usually become a millionaire by your late 20s :sunglasses:

• Yay!
Reactions: avoid_slow_death
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
It's so obvious you're not American. Poor people are just lazy - if you pull yourself up by your bootstraps & work ten minimum-wage jobs while getting the best education that no money at all can buy & thinking only happy thoughts, you usually become a millionaire by your late 20s :sunglasses:

Yes, the same happens in Argentina. Many people are lazy and want no progress at all.
However, in my opinion, it's not easy to study when you're in that situation. Otherwise, poverty wouldn't exist. I really admire all those who can manage to go from low-class to middle class.

Anyway, I hope this world becomes a better place once I'm gone.

avoid_slow_death

avoid_slow_death

Ready to embrace the peaceful bliss of the void.
Feb 4, 2020
As an American, I hold this statement to be 1000% true. 'MURICA! We give a shit about you only when its good PR. Otherwise, fuck you you lazy slave.

Reactions: 𖣴 nadia 𖣴 and motel rooms
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
However, in my opinion, it's not easy to study when you're in that situation. Otherwise, poverty wouldn't exist. I really admire all those who can manage to go from low-class to middle class.
Dude, I was being sarcastic & mocking American clichés. Of course it's virtually impossible to escape poverty if you were born very poor... :ehh:

• Yay!
Reactions: WornOutLife