• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

vaulthunter

vaulthunter

poyo?
Mar 19, 2019
i notice everytime i say my age, i'm met with surprise here! (i'm 19).

it's interesting, because people typically associate suicide with people in my demographic (18-25), and it being an overall 'young' thing to do. most reports of suicide of a normal person in media are of young children and teens, because its meant to shock us, but i guess i took that coverage at face value and assuming suicidalness is adjacent to young kids. im also active on twitter and instagram, and my entire generation is severely suicidal from what i see.

i know theres a large community of older people here, and i'm wondering how you view me/others around my age who are ready to die. do you consider our circumstances? or do you believe that all young people have a chance at making life better regardless? why do you think so?

sorry if this overlaps any other recently made thread, i'm just very curious about this and have some specific questions regarding gen Z in particular.

Reactions: lemmeeleev, WOODESITY and AnnihilatedAnna
Begemont

Begemont

Mar 18, 2019
I've lost 2 people in my life to suicide. One was older and terminally ill. The other was a relatively close friend, she was 18 and suffering from depression. There are differences, the younger one was much closer to me too, but I would lie if I said that her age in part didn't make her death harder. It's also because I hoped she had a chance. But no, not all young people do have a chance. I would hope everyone did, but that is not reality. One should always consider the circumstances, things are never so clear. One can make the argument that when you're young enough your mental faculties aren't necessarily developed enough.. Yet I still fully believe you can commit rational suicide, even at a younger age.

Still will hit hard, in some sense harder than when it's an older person. That is not rational, but it's how it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: About_to_Go, lemmeeleev, WOODESITY and 5 others
vaulthunter

vaulthunter

poyo?
Mar 19, 2019
I've lost 2 people in my life to suicide. One was older and terminally ill. The other was a relatively close friend, she was 18 and suffering from depression. There are differences, the younger one was much closer to me too, but I would lie if I said that her age in part didn't make her death harder. It's also because I hoped she had a chance. But no, not all young people do have a chance. I would hope everyone did, but that is not reality. One should always consider the circumstances, things are never so clear. One can make the argument that when you're young enough your mental faculties aren't necessarily developed enough.. Yet I still fully believe you can commit rational suicide, even at a younger age.

Still will hit hard, in some sense harder when it's an older person. That is not rational, but it's how it is.

i understand this. i imagine that people assume older suicide to be less sad, because they have lived their life already. i wonder if people telling me to try harder is actually them projecting because they weren't able to live the life they wanted, and they want me to?

rational suicide is a funny term. kinda like an oxymoron, but somehow i still know what it means. people are going to look at my suicide and say it was not rational, because of my age and opportunity. "how could she do this, she was so young, she had so much going for her, etc" okay, this is true, but was i happy?

i feared my mental facilities really coming in as a child, as i hadn't known the extent of my abuse. i still don't, and i am still afraid. i feel like somewhere out there, there's a child younger than i feeling the same way. and they will try and take their life, and they will succeed. they will have escaped the fear i still hold. i envy them.

Reactions: lemmeeleev, WOODESITY and AnnihilatedAnna
Begemont

Begemont

Mar 18, 2019
i understand this. i imagine that people assume older suicide to be less sad, because they have lived their life already. i wonder if people telling me to try harder is actually them projecting because they weren't able to live the life they wanted, and they want me to?

rational suicide is a funny term. kinda like an oxymoron, but somehow i still know what it means. people are going to look at my suicide and say it was not rational, because of my age and opportunity. "how could she do this, she was so young, she had so much going for her, etc" okay, this is true, but was i happy?

i feared my mental facilities really coming in as a child, as i hadn't known the extent of my abuse. i still don't, and i am still afraid. i feel like somewhere out there, there's a child younger than i feeling the same way. and they will try and take their life, and they will succeed. they will have escaped the fear i still hold. i envy them.
Sorry it took so long to get back on this. I can rarely write anything even reasonably coherent and seems that one post filled my quota yesterday.

In a sense, I think it is less sad. They lived their life. Throw in a terminal illness and it becomes even more acceptable. It will still hurt, but less. I have no doubts projection is a part of it.

I personally came more to terms with the suicide of my friend by really understanding that yes. She was unhappy. I was not intimately enough aware of her situation to really make the judgements of whether she had a chance. Only thing there is to do, is eventually to accept the choice.

What I'm kind of getting at is that every situation is different. 18, 19. That's young, really young. There could be a chance. But same can be said for anyone. It kind of comes down to a "happiness in potentia"-argument. There is so much more time for one so young to be happy, to get better. But even as I type this, I realise how kind of silly that argument is, to some degree.

Reactions: vaulthunter and lemmeeleev
AnnihilatedAnna

AnnihilatedAnna

A Joke
Apr 17, 2018
Sorry it took so long to get back on this. I can rarely write anything even reasonably coherent and seems that one post filled my quota yesterday.

In a sense, I think it is less sad. They lived their life. Throw in a terminal illness and it becomes even more acceptable. It will still hurt, but less. I have no doubts projection is a part of it.

I personally came more to terms with the suicide of my friend by really understanding that yes. She was unhappy. I was not intimately enough aware of her situation to really make the judgements of whether she had a chance. Only thing there is to do, is eventually to accept the choice.

What I'm kind of getting at is that every situation is different. 18, 19. That's young, really young. There could be a chance. But same can be said for anyone. It kind of comes down to a "happiness in potentia"-argument. There is so much more time for one so young to be happy, to get better. But even as I type this, I realise how kind of silly that argument is, to some degree.
I agree with most of what you say, but I don't agree with that it is less sad for an older person to die by suicide. It doesn't matter wether you are 15, 20 or 70. It all still hurts, it's all a lot of pain, but just a different pain I think.

Not trying to offend you in anyway, as I said, I agree with most of what you said.

Reactions: vaulthunter and lemmeeleev
Youthanasia

Youthanasia

Wanderer
Apr 18, 2019
I don't want to pass anyone off but personally I think no one has a proper functioning brain until they're like 22 or so. Even if the biologic clock is ahead of time some key experiences also happen in that period.

I'm a bit less inclined to think it is understandable for someone this young to ctb but again I don't want to pass anyone off, it's just my own opinion

Reactions: vaulthunter, lemmeeleev, WOODESITY and 1 other person
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
I think the majority of suicidal people would have been spared from a lot of pain had they just ctb when they had their first thought of killing themselves so the younger the better.

I mean I became suicidal when I was 13-14 years old now I am 25 so I could have been spared for 11 years of pain and suffering. However I did have a lot of memorable experiences in my teens and I am glad I experienced that but not a day goes by where I don´t regret not killing myself when I was 18-19 as I planned, at least in my teens I still had friends and great experiences in life, I could still feel my emotions and could still experience excitement now for the past 5 years I haven´t been able to feel sadness, happiness or even excitement I enjoy nothing anymore I have no hobbies I have nothing.

So yeah I am very pro choice and to me age doesn´t have anything to do with that.

Reactions: vaulthunter, lemmeeleev and WOODESITY
MAC10

MAC10

Dec 14, 2018
I feel like youths cries for help shouldn't be ignored. I think youths should give it enough time, maybe until 18 (unless certain circumstances like extreme physical pain).
I have noticed a lot of youths throw around the word depression when they split with a partner, or they get a bad grade on a test. This angers me, for someone that goes through depression every single day with no break, it makes me angry knowing society has made it okay for teens to claim depression rather than just sadness. They are two completely different things, sadness is mostly temporary, depression is mostly permanent.
You see it all the time, videos on youtube named 'beats to listen to if you have depression' or 'anxiety chill music'. I think they are throwing the word around too much to the point where they are considered as depressed as someone like me.

Reactions: vaulthunter and About_to_Go