KiraComplex

KiraComplex

sugar, spice…
Aug 31, 2019
Read about it yesterday, and the thought of it makes me curious. I also read that theres usually someone to cut off your head, but thats a whole different story.

How would it feel?
Wheres the most lethal spot to stab yourself?
How long would it take for you to die?
What kind of blade/kitchen knife?

• Wow
Reactions: Lara Francis and LikeMike
Throwaway9787

Throwaway9787

Mage
Jun 27, 2019
It would have to be a large knife, stabs to the abdomen usually aren't fatal

Reactions: KiraComplex
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
seems TERRIBLY painful, even if done correctly.

plus you have to overcome a survival instinct like no other, that's part of the reason why cutting has such low success rate, it takes a special kind of person to cut deep enough for it to actually be lethal.

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust, Circles, Lookingforabus and 1 other person
xXSarac3nSlay3rXx

xXSarac3nSlay3rXx

“Leaving this world is not as scary as it sounds.”
Mar 3, 2019

plus you have to overcome a survival instinct like no other, that's part of the reason why cutting has such low success rate, it takes a special kind of person to cut deep enough for it to actually be lethal.
Cutting your intestines out is incredibly difficult. Even more so than slitting ones wrists. If you're doing solo sepukku, you don't have the release of the decapitation, so you suffer much longer.

Reactions: Circles
Ermac

Ermac

Aug 20, 2019

• Love
Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust
KiraComplex

KiraComplex

sugar, spice…
Aug 31, 2019

To make it fatal you basically have to wade past thick organs to hit the aorta.

Y

Yorkshire91

Aug 30, 2019

So true...tried myself one night when drinking couldn't cut deep enough the pain was overwhelming. Felt so pathetic.

KiraComplex

KiraComplex

sugar, spice…
Aug 31, 2019
So true...tried myself one night when drinking couldn't cut deep enough the pain was overwhelming. Felt so pathetic.
Painful how? People always said it was like a punch to the stomach

Subhuman

Subhuman

Student
Jun 28, 2019
Why would you ever want to do that to yourself?

Reactions: Circles and Baskol1
KiraComplex

KiraComplex

sugar, spice…
Aug 31, 2019
Why would you ever want to do that to yourself?
I, personally, do not want to do it. It's impractical, and it sounds not very fun (call it a hunch)
Some people may want to do it because their ancestors did it, and its an honorable way to kill themselves. I heard it from a friend.

Reactions: Circles
C

calendulo

Enlightened
Jun 13, 2019
I know that method as harakiri. Is that correct?. I hope so.........If not, sorry.

I think that is literally bringing out everything is into your abdomen, intestine, stomach, all entrails, even the pancreas.............using a blade, guess will be a katana.
Looks like a punishment instead of a suicide.Just to thinking in that suffering, it is inhumane.

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust, Circles and Bagger
B

Bukmeikara1

Jul 29, 2019
If the Last Samurai was accurate, there is a reason why there should be someone behind to cut off your head.

Reactions: ish, Circles and Baskol1
Y

Yorkshire91

Aug 30, 2019
Painful how? People always said it was like a punch to the stomach

Used a Stanley type blade and as I was slicing trying to get deeper it hurt like fuck as the blade sliced through the skin etc

Reactions: Baskol1
Lara Francis

Lara Francis

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Read about it yesterday, and the thought of it makes me curious. I also read that theres usually someone to cut off your head, but thats a whole different story.

How would it feel?
Wheres the most lethal spot to stab yourself?
How long would it take for you to die?
What kind of blade/kitchen knife?
I do remember a similar thread some time ago.
I dont think i could consider this method.

J

Jean Améry

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2019
It would most likely be a sickeningly painful, long, drawn-out process.

I know it seems like a romantic way to die but don't, just don't. Even the samurai quickly realized it was pure horror without a second to quickly chop off the head, ending the excruciatingly painful procedure fast.

The only way this would be somewhat humane is with powerful anesthetics. Which begs the question why one wouldn't use it as the actual means of death.

Reactions: ish