U

unknown19

Apr 18, 2024
I've googled and researched the "detergent suicide" method for hydrogen sulfide.. most articles or findings go back to 2011.. so nothing is very recent on this, however it is a common method that is supposibly used and successful.
I'm just wondering what the cons may be of this method. It seems so simple, you obtain hydrochloride acid and lime sulphur and mix them together in a bucket/bin? So if this method is so easy, then why isn't everyone doing it? I know it can be a risk to emergency responders or others in the area if they also inhale the mix, but aside from that I'm wondering why it's not extremely popular. Due to how easy it seems to obtain the products and mix them. Just would like some opinions.

Reactions: Kokomi_20
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Too dangerous to other people, this method is not morally acceptable without very good measures in place to protect other people.

Reactions: willitpass
UnluckyBastard

UnluckyBastard

Student
Jun 26, 2024
Bump for interest. What do I buy, how do I mix, and how can I make it as quick as possible?

UpandDownPrincess

UpandDownPrincess

Elementalist
Dec 31, 2019
Don't do it.

It's a lot tougher than it looks to get right and you can get very, very hurt and still survive.

I am a HS survivor. For more info on my story, you can search for my other posts.

Reactions: ladylazarus4
squidsponge

squidsponge

Sep 22, 2024
Don't do it.

It's a lot tougher than it looks to get right and you can get very, very hurt and still survive.

I am a HS survivor. For more info on my story, you can search for my other posts.
Please link the post that details your experience I can't find

willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
The risk of you succeed is extreme to whoever finds you and the first responders that follow. Any method that risks killing or seriously harming others should be an automatic no unless you have heavy signage warning about it and are absolutely confident without a doubt that you have it contained. They will need hazard crews to come get your body.

Reactions: ladylazarus4 and _AllCatsAreGrey_
_AllCatsAreGrey_

_AllCatsAreGrey_

(they/he)
Mar 4, 2024
The risk of you succeed is extreme to whoever finds you and the first responders that follow. Any method that risks killing or seriously harming others should be an automatic no unless you have heavy signage warning about it and are absolutely confident without a doubt that you have it contained. They will need hazard crews to come get your body.
Agreed. Here is a video from the hazmat side of this method:

willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
Agreed. Here is a video from the hazmat side of this method:

Lethal levels of the gas being present 50ft from a closed vehicle containing it should be telling enough. Someone even coming near the vicinity of wherever you chose to do this to check on you could kill them without them even having to open the door. This is why the method is not commonly used. You are creating a MASSIVE public risk.

Reactions: ladylazarus4, _AllCatsAreGrey_ and LunarLight
Lady Laudanum

Lady Laudanum

Crayon eater
May 9, 2024
As someone who wants to eventually make the switch from working in the hospital to working in EMS, imo you're doing god's work by telling people not to use this method. First responders already have to face enough dangerous things on the job. Putting them at this kind of risk is absolutely fubar. Just because I'm mentally ill and used to be suicidal, doesn't mean that I like the idea of dying on the job because of poisonous gas.

Reactions: willitpass
ladylazarus4

ladylazarus4

exhausted
May 12, 2024
other people have already talked about the risk to others which is probably the worst part. But this method cannot really be called peaceful. You get chemical burns in your throat and possibly on your skin which is incredibly painful. I've strongly considered this method but I've decided not to. For me, I'd much rather do CO- less risky to others- which I probably won't do because it's still a massive risk to others.

Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
You get chemical burns in your throat and possibly on your skin which is incredibly painful.
Maybe that's possible if you use concentrated HCl to produce H2S, but this would be rather a mistake. H2S can be obtained via reaction of sulfides with dilute H2SO4 or via reaction of Al2S3 with plain water. It can cause irritation upon a long-term exposure, but it's not very aggressive and shouldn't cause noticeably burning sensations during a few seconds before loss of consciousness when used for CTB at high concentrations.
For me, I'd much rather do CO- less risky to others- which I probably won't do because it's still a massive risk to others.
H2S can be considered more risky than CO only because it's way more easy to produce H2S at high concentrations that exceed IDHL values in many times than CO. On the other hand, H2S can manifest its presence by the specific odor which may be perceived at non-dangerous concentrations, while CO is odorless and can be completely unnoticeable for other people exposed to it until they become poisoned.

• Informative
Reactions: ladylazarus4