M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
So this thread was started back in 2018 and according to the OP Jeff "Benzo" had a net worth of 160 billion.

Guess what? The guy is now worth 200 billion. Lemme say that again: TWO HUNDRED BILLION.

I got a warm feeling inside when I wrote this number. In it, I see the glory of enterprise, the justness of capitalism and the greatness of hard work.

It's a world full of wonders, indeed!

I believe in capitalism but I don't believe anyone should have that much money and not pay high taxes. People on lower incomes have to pay so much tax.. but the more money you seem to make the less you have to pay.. that isn't right.

Reactions: Fragile, Enabran255 and XYZ
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Again, net worth doesn't mean shit when it comes to actual money. You might as well ask him to donate his twitter followers to the poor.

icanhasnick

icanhasnick

Student
Sep 3, 2020
to earn money that he'll never spend.
Earning money and never spending it works in fact as a donation to the issuer. Now it can be reissued and spent for him.

Money never spent is put of circulation as if it had been burnt and reduces the demand pressure on goods and services, so it has a deflationary effect. Stuff is cheaper because Josh Benzine is not bidding on those items.
I believe in capitalism but I don't believe anyone should have that much money and not pay high taxes. People on lower incomes have to pay so much tax.. but the more money you seem to make the less you have to pay.. that isn't right.
At least it provides an additional incentive to not be poor.

Last edited:
icanhasnick

icanhasnick

Student
Sep 3, 2020
Maybe being poor isn't a choice, but not being certainly is.

Reactions: Fragile
puppy9

puppy9

au revoir
Jun 13, 2019
Jeff Bozos looks like a Super-Villain (Lex Luthor).

fyodorkdostoyesky

fyodorkdostoyesky

learn to suffer, or die
Sep 3, 2020
Ah, but the point is actually to get rid of the need for money completely, comrade. If you don't need money, why do you need a job?
What's the point of living on getting just enough money to survive, knowing companies will no longer need you or want you no matter how talented you are?

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I don't use Amazon anymore, it just started to feel wrong. Awful working conditions, dodgy tax evasion and fake reviews on products. Shame, I miss my kindle. I'd also like to stop using Google and Microsoft, but I'm working on that. And Facebook, bleh, I have no problems ditching that PoS.

Reactions: Fragile
SipSop

SipSop

Arcanist
May 7, 2020
Jeff Benzo the richest man in the world head of Amazon, 160 billion net worth has no indication of slowing down and continues to horde it like the dragon in the hobbit sitting on top of piles of gold. Jeff Benzo is one of the few CEO who openly says his goal is to replace as many of his employees as soon as possible with robots-which is much closer than it sounds. As soon as the human hand can be automated most of his warehouse workers will be replaced within 10 years by robot which seems to be very close based on current experiments test and that allegedly the military has already figured it out. Benzo does not pay his employees well-at least lower than all his counter companies. Benzo's wealth may become boundless after the automation of his warehouse's. Not only will it drastically cut employee cost, other companies will not be able to keep up due to amazon being very far ahead in automation tech than evrey other companies-they do not share their tech-with only the US military ahead in that automation tech .
With this comment I reach 200 comments and become wise.
My thoughts on it is that deserves it.
He calculated his risk and took a shot. What we see today is the ouctome of almost 3 decades of work.
Not many people are fit for this kind of job. He is smart, focused and takes calculated risks that usually pay off. Also, he managed to keep himself off the news papers. And controls his public image very good while he cumulates more and more wealth. What is not to like about it?
He begined in his garage and now is on the top of the world in terms of wealth.
He is a successful capitalistic story.
The image of american dream.
The right person at the right time.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
What is not to like about it?
Because he has MORE MONEY than me, which I deserve for doing nothing! GRRR!

I personally think there's nothing wrong with being jealous that rich people have more money than you but I just wish more people would just flat out admit it. I hate it when people try to stroke their egos and make themselves look like heroes for wanting rich people give away their money to help poor people. No you don't really want that. You want them to give money to YOU for no real reason. In which case, just fucking own it already. Don't put on some facade. Admit you're selfish god damn it. At least that's how I feel about the people I know who feel this way.

Reactions: Fragile and XYZ
XYZ

XYZ

I just can’t get these damn wrists to bleed
Jul 22, 2020

I personally think there's nothing wrong with being jealous that rich people have more money than you but I just wish more people would just flat out admit it. I hate it when people try to stroke their egos and make themselves look like heroes for wanting rich people give away their money to help poor people. No you don't really want that. You want them to give money to YOU for no real reason. In which case, just fucking own it already. Don't put on some facade. Admit you're selfish god damn it. At least that's how I feel about the people I know who feel this way.

There's not a selfless bone in my body. I'll admit that.

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
SipSop

SipSop

Arcanist
May 7, 2020

I do not want his money because I know I won't get it.
My respect is for entreprenorial skills he has wich I would love to have to make my own money.

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I do not want his money because I know I won't get it.
My respect is for entreprenorial skills he has wich I would love to have to make my own money.
That's totally fine too