M

MAIO

Elementalist
Apr 8, 2018
Jeff Benzo the richest man in the world head of Amazon, 160 billion net worth has no indication of slowing down and continues to horde it like the dragon in the hobbit sitting on top of piles of gold. Jeff Benzo is one of the few CEO who openly says his goal is to replace as many of his employees as soon as possible with robots-which is much closer than it sounds. As soon as the human hand can be automated most of his warehouse workers will be replaced within 10 years by robot which seems to be very close based on current experiments test and that allegedly the military has already figured it out. Benzo does not pay his employees well-at least lower than all his counter companies. Benzo's wealth may become boundless after the automation of his warehouse's. Not only will it drastically cut employee cost, other companies will not be able to keep up due to amazon being very far ahead in automation tech than evrey other companies-they do not share their tech-with only the US military ahead in that automation tech .

Reactions: SipSop, Final Escape, puppy9 and 3 others
V

Virgo

Arcanist
Oct 3, 2018
"Bezo"

Reactions: fyodorkdostoyesky, Final Escape and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
I do like Amazon.com but the guy needs a tax increase. No way should one person should be able to have over 100 billion dollars.

Reactions: Theregoesthatidea, LivedTooLong, NoOneKnows and 2 others
Zaynaldeen

Zaynaldeen

blackpilled subhuman manlet
Oct 18, 2018
There's no reason why a person should have so much money, it really just shows what capitalism does. While many people are struggling to keep a roof over their head and work 40+ hours a week to put food on the table this guy is 'worth' more than multiple countries. I despise people this rich.

Reactions: yannyorlaurel, Lupgevif, VIBRITANNIA and 6 others
Gainax

Gainax

Experienced
Oct 8, 2018
You all hate him, but thanks to him we can now order the rope, argon kit, sharped knives we need to kill ourselves, in a fast and efficient manner.

The real problem is Automation as it will kill millions of jobs

Millions of people in the next decades will lose their jobs, for now its mostly the manual labour jobs, but with the advance of artificial intelligence the white collar jobs will soon be replaced by bots

the good thing about this is i foresee an exponential growth of sanctioned-suicide.com over the next decades, millions of new unemployed users will be here looking for ways to kill themselves.

Last edited:
Reactions: Final Escape, TheQ22, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and 2 others
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
Jeff Benzo is my Xanax dealer.

Reactions: NumbItAll, Leshen, Final Escape and 8 others
J

Jaded

Student
Sep 8, 2018
A monster. I try very hard not to use his company and @lexa can shove it !

Reactions: puppy9, Jojo81, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
Nem

Nem

Drs suck mega ass!
Sep 3, 2018
I don't even think I've ordered off of amazon...ever

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Jaded
invisiblycrippled

invisiblycrippled

Temporary solutions to a permanent problem.
Oct 18, 2018
You all hate him, but thanks to him we can now order the rope, argon kit, sharped knives we need to kill ourselves, in a fast and efficient manner.

Millions of people in the next decades will lose their jobs, for now its mostly the manual labour jobs, but with the advance of artificial intelligence the white collar jobs will soon be replaced by bots

the good thing about this is i foresee an exponential growth of sanctioned-suicide.com over the next decades, millions of new unemployed users will be here looking for ways to kill themselves.
No, automation is actually the solution to one of our biggest problems: the fact that you need a job to acquire the money that allows you to live.

What we need to realize is that automation helps us to do more with less effort. And we need to decouple the de-facto right to live (money) from labor. Those who are needed and willing should work. Those who cannot work, like many on here, should get the money to survive without having to work. Those who want to work on things that don't pay well or at all will be able to work on those things.

In short: a Universal Basic Income.

Reactions: Marcos and Virgo
Gainax

Gainax

Experienced
Oct 8, 2018
No, automation is actually the solution to one of our biggest problems: the fact that you need a job to acquire the money that allows you to live.

What we need to realize is that automation helps us to do more with less effort. And we need to decouple the de-facto right to live (money) from labor. Those who are needed and willing should work. Those who cannot work, like many on here, should get the money to survive without having to work. Those who want to work on things that don't pay well or at all will be able to work on those things.

In short: a Universal Basic Income.

What's the point of living on getting just enough money to survive, knowing companies will no longer need you or want you no matter how talented you are?

invisiblycrippled

invisiblycrippled

Temporary solutions to a permanent problem.
Oct 18, 2018
What's the point of living on getting just enough money to survive, knowing companies will no longer need you or want you no matter how talented you are?
Obviously it should be enough to allow a comfortable life, not just barely scraping by. That would allow you to venture into your interests, not someone else's. And Employers would have to give you better conditions, you'd have more power as an employee, because the employer couldn't oppress you by coercion as your basic needs could not be endangered by them firing you.

All in all, you'd have more options, and you'd be more likely to venture out to try new things.

But all that'd just be the start. I'm sure society would change itself a lot, and open up new opportunities for talents to collaborate and innovate.

But even then there'd be people who just wouldn't want to live - in any society - and for those we should have assisted suicide...

Reactions: Jen Erik
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Jeff Benzo is my Xanax dealer.
I thought Jeff Benzo invented Klonopin? Oh whatever, I always get my druggies mixed up.

Anyway, Jeff Bezos can suck it. Way, way too much money, while the working conditions at Amazon's warehouses are absolutely deplorable. I don't know how people like him sleep at night, to be honest.

Reactions: MartyByrde, Jojo81, Jen Erik and 4 others
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
I thought Jeff Benzo invented Klonopin? Oh whatever, I always get my druggies mixed up.

Anyway, Jeff Bezos can suck it. Way, way too much money, while the working conditions at Amazon's warehouses are absolutely deplorable. I don't know how people like him sleep at night, to be honest.
I like Amazon but I believe that he has far too much money. The rich should have a tax increase. Give the tax cuts to the middle and lower class. Tired of this trickle down propaganda.

Reactions: invisiblycrippled, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Angst Filled Fuck Up
S

Schopenhauer

Enlightened
Oct 3, 2018
Jeff Bezos is a philanthropist. Amazon is nearly a charitable organization: their profit-margins are razor-thin, and they squeeze every cent ouf their suppliers. You can't get a better deal than that.

I don't begrudge him his wealth. He has earned it.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Virgo
J

Jojo81

Student
Aug 8, 2020
There's no reason why a person should have so much money, it really just shows what capitalism does. While many people are struggling to keep a roof over their head and work 40+ hours a week to put food on the table this guy is 'worth' more than multiple countries. I despise people this rich.
Fuck that Guy Jeff Bezos..
And all these super rich who don't share or improvise automation.. Making people unemployed..

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Alright here's where I drop my super hot take and get canceled but...while he does have a lot of money, a lot of it isn't actually liquid cash that he can freely spend. Him having billions in net worth is only because Amazon itself is used so frequently. His net worth is high and it can go up without him even having to do anything. Getting angry at him for this is like getting mad at some other celebrity for having too many followers. It's a factor they now barely have control over ever since they became almost too big to fail. These "If Jeff Bezos just gave this tiny sum of the value that other people placed on him then the world would have no more problems" sentiments annoy me just because people who say this tend to use Amazon anyway and contributed to it in the first place.

That said, Amazon could and should treat its bottom-level employees better. I know too many people who've worked at warehouses and considered it the worst experience of their lives. Then again, the way the stock market works just trying to be a little nicer reduces your value and money is hard to let go of once you have it so I can see how he's trapped in this sense... I also believe he SHOULD be taxed more regardless but based on his actual cash flow, not his net worth.

Reactions: Leshen, Wayfaerer and ocd is bad
J

Jojo81

Student
Aug 8, 2020
Alright here's where I drop my super hot take and get canceled but...while he does have a lot of money, a lot of it isn't actually liquid cash that he can freely spend. Him having billions in net worth is only because Amazon itself is used so frequently. His net worth is high and it can go up without him even having to do anything. Getting angry at him for this is like getting mad at some other celebrity for having too many followers. It's a factor they now barely have control over ever since they became almost too big to fail. These "If Jeff Bezos just gave this tiny sum of the value that other people placed on him then the world would have no more problems" sentiments annoy me just because people who say this tend to use Amazon anyway and contributed to it in the first place.

That said, Amazon could and should treat its bottom-level employees better. I know too many people who've worked at warehouses and considered it the worst experience of their lives. Then again, the way the stock market works just trying to be a little nicer reduces your value and money is hard to let go of once you have it so I can see how he's trapped in this sense... I also believe he SHOULD be taxed more regardless but based on his actual cash flow, not his net worth.
I agree with you.. But automisation of every work is very scaring. Am venting out my anger and frustration..

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I agree with you.. But automisation of every work is very scaring. Am venting out my anger and frustration..
No worries. I can totally understand where you're coming from. Automation IS very scary and yet it's probably coming for us no matter who's in power. :aw:

In a utopia though, perhaps automation is actually the key to everyone being able to achieve a high standard of living if nobody ever has to work anymore jobs that are too physically or mentally taxing. Maybe we can all just have machines be our slaves and we'd never have to suffer again with that waiting on our every need. I dunno. That's the only way I can find comfort in it at least...

VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020
my personal opinion isn't exactly the most positive... i mean yeah, sure, it's not like he has billions of physical bills sitting in his mansion, but still, a billion seems a bit excessive for one person. the least he could do is start improving the conditions in his warehouses.

and yes, we've all contributed to his wealth, but at the same time, in a society like this, it's impossible not to, for the average person. 'sustainable' or 'ethical' options oftentimes cost more than the average person can afford, so they're left with no choice but to put some money in mr. bezos' pockets.

Reactions: WinterFaust
nerve

nerve

fat cringey shut-in
Jun 19, 2019
Feed billionaires to the developing world

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
I prefer his brother, Jack Valium.
Jeff Benzo the richest man in the world head of Amazon, 160 billion net worth has no indication of slowing down and continues to horde it like the dragon in the hobbit sitting on top of piles of gold. Jeff Benzo is one of the few CEO who openly says his goal is to replace as many of his employees as soon as possible with robots-which is much closer than it sounds. As soon as the human hand can be automated most of his warehouse workers will be replaced within 10 years by robot which seems to be very close based on current experiments test and that allegedly the military has already figured it out. Benzo does not pay his employees well-at least lower than all his counter companies. Benzo's wealth may become boundless after the automation of his warehouse's. Not only will it drastically cut employee cost, other companies will not be able to keep up due to amazon being very far ahead in automation tech than evrey other companies-they do not share their tech-with only the US military ahead in that automation tech .
Seriously it's sickening isn't it and it makes you wonder what kind of man he can be, to have thousands of workers getting paid rubbish wages to work like dogs (most of them lose loads of weight it's so physically demanding, they can't take too many toilet breaks, etc), zero hours contracts that make it impossible to plan your life or live without a constant anxiety... and he's supposedly worth 180 Billion.

Who needs 180 Billion, you could never spend it all. Why not reward the people who helped him make it all by paying them fairly and giving them proper contracts?

There is something wrong with humans, I think we're getting to the point where nature will remove us as another one of it's failed experiments - like 99.9% of all the other creatures that ever existed

100% agree, I think by Christmas (I said this in another post) the membership here will have at least doubled.

Last edited:
Reactions: yannyorlaurel and ocd is bad
ocd is bad

ocd is bad

-
Jun 26, 2020
I think he should treat the people he employs better. I guess it's his money so he can do whatever he wants with it but it definitely says something about his character that he's ok with employing people under horrible working conditions to earn money that he'll never spend.

Grav

Grav

Wizard
Jul 26, 2020
I don't pay much attention to him but yes his wealth is pretty crazy and it would be great if he'd do something useful with it. I'd love a UBI but I just don't see that ever working the way people want it to. It would be a better world for many people to not be tied to a job and all the fun that goes with it but like my old history prof said about utopianism, people would just sit around watching TV.

Reactions: Fragile
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
Capitalism is the root of humanity problems.

Reactions: fyodorkdostoyesky
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
He would be an ok person if he paid appropriate taxes. Considering his wealth he should be paying more.

A

alexit

Mage
Jun 3, 2020
I cut him more slack than others because he is notoriously frugal. I respect people who live simply. And there is no doubt about the value of Amazon. Most people just think of the website but look into AWS. It's a huge part of what powers the web. Still if I had his money I'd give away more of it. Then again that's why I think I'll never be rich.

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
XYZ

XYZ

I just can’t get these damn wrists to bleed
Jul 22, 2020
So this thread was started back in 2018 and according to the OP Jeff "Benzo" had a net worth of 160 billion.

Guess what? The guy is now worth 200 billion. Lemme say that again: TWO HUNDRED BILLION.

I got a warm feeling inside when I wrote this number. In it, I see the glory of enterprise, the justness of capitalism and the greatness of hard work.

It's a world full of wonders, indeed!

Reactions: fyodorkdostoyesky