• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
I personally don't like it. I recognise that many symphonies are work of art but to my ears it's not pleasant.
There's too much ego involved from the composer and it feels irritating. Especially the Violin parts.
I honestly feels modern to me. Traditional music for me is ambient. Like harp or flute. Tunes that just flow without the need to impress.
Occasionally I find some game soundtracks that use more modern instruments pleasant too. But again it should create ambience and flow

Bianka

Bianka

No longer human
Jan 16, 2024
The more music theory I learn the more fascinated I am. Realizing the thought behind it, understanding the once in a lifetime geniuses, learning from them..... My favorite hobby tbh. Especially because I don't play classical music. But putting these thoughts into another genre is what pushes the boundaries of music. And I can't get enough of that

Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
This is actually another point where I disagree with the Nazis - I usually cannot stand classical/romantic music. I do like some baroque pieces such as by Tommaso Albinoni and Jean-Baptiste Lully... Actually, I apparently enjoy baroque, oops! Chopin's march at Brezhnev's funeral is marvelous, too. But overall, I agree - I hate most of it. And that would make me a destroyer of the European high culture?

sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
This is actually another point where I disagree with the Nazis - I usually cannot stand classical/romantic music. I do like some baroque pieces such as by Tommaso Albinoni and Jean-Baptiste Lully... Actually, I apparently enjoy baroque, oops! Chopin's march at Brezhnev's funeral is marvelous, too. But overall, I agree - I hate most of it. And that would make me a destroyer of the European high culture?
Huh? Nazis? What

Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
Huh? Nazis? What
The Nazis were trying to abolish all non-classical (& non-folk) music in their empire. Musical culture was actually a significant tenet of Hitler's ideology. That's one of the issues I have with Nazism as I listen to degenerate stuff (albeit in the privacy of my own home - listening in public has always been anxiety-inducing for me).

R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
The Nazis were trying to abolish all non-classical (& non-folk) music in their empire. Musical culture was actually a significant tenet of Hitler's ideology. That's one of the issues I have with Nazism as I listen to degenerate stuff (albeit in the privacy of my own home - listening in public has always been anxiety-inducing for me).
Strauss and Wagner are pretty good composers tho.

4am

4am

there’s nothing for you (it/its)
Dec 14, 2023
idk if it counts as classical (sounds close enough tho), but pruitt igoe by philip glass is a banger

hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
i think it can be beautiful, it's just hard to find pieces that are moving/touching🧸i <3 Liebesleid by Fritz Kreisler, esp when i'm high.

Professor K

Professor K

your eyes vacant and stained
Feb 9, 2023
I have always felt that music was only a -rich kids coming from a family of musicians- thing.
I am a pianist and I have none of those two things, I have started piano very late, at 16.
I do agree with the show off side of music, especially in the romantic era.
But I still appreciate 'classical' music and actually, I prefer baroque music with composers such as Bach, Couperin, Rameau, Charpentier, the list goes on.

I am not at all a fan of contemporary music, I think we have composed a lot already and we feel the need to renew this through absurdity and AI.
We are running out of idea more and more, just listen to the background music in kids' shows now vs 50 years ago...big change...
We can still make superb music but what's trendy are artificial songs devoided of complexity and meaning.
Too many times I see excellent composers left unnoticed.

I like to think that our music is a reflection of our society.

We've lost a certain depth, sensitivity and spirituality in it.
And I also much prefer listening to the sound of acoustic instruments.
I like raw interpretations and mistakes at performances...

Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
Like other genres, most of it is crap. But some of the most beautiful pieces of music are classical pieces.

More modern classical pieces from movie soundtrack creators, like Hans Zimmer and Ennio Morricone, are every bit as good as anything from Mozart, Beethoven, etc.

sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
I have always felt that music was only a -rich kids coming from a family of musicians- thing.
I am a pianist and I have none of those two things, I have started piano very late, at 16.
I do agree with the show off side of music, especially in the romantic era.
But I still appreciate 'classical' music and actually, I prefer baroque music with composers such as Bach, Couperin, Rameau, Charpentier, the list goes on.

I am not at all a fan of contemporary music, I think we have composed a lot already and we feel the need to renew this through absurdity and AI.
We are running out of idea more and more, just listen to the background music in kids' shows now vs 50 years ago...big change...
We can still make superb music but what's trendy are artificial songs devoided of complexity and meaning.
Too many times I see excellent composers left unnoticed.

I like to think that our music is a reflection of our society.

We've lost a certain depth, sensitivity and spirituality in it.
And I also much prefer listening to the sound of acoustic instruments.
I like raw interpretations and mistakes at performances...
I was exposed to classical music growing up because my mom likes it lol

Last edited:
MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
oh you mean elevator music. soothing. kidding aside classic rock for me. hate pop. can deal with new wave since it was popular at my time in college.so i had no choice.

parallelluniverse

parallelluniverse

In Corpus Lamenti -into the body of lamentation...
Mar 3, 2024
i think modern rap and pop is disgusting, the ego-libido the screams out of it is abominable.. no class. no respect. vulgar. hardly romantic.

classical music seems to capture lifes highs and lows and intentions and curiosities and its anxieties and its passions all with non-verbal instrument based communication... its unreal, beuatiful. some is a bit random but still complex and meaningful... the music has to match the mood... its totally technical.. i just dont like how i dont seem to come across much nowadays very easily.

Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
Maybe classical music belonged to a pervious civilization. During the time people were good at studying and using waves, such as electromagnetism and harmony. Maybe they used frequency, sound and electromagnetic waves to build portals to other dimensions and for energy. The church organ was a portal component. But that civilisation and the old technology somehow disappeared and what's left behind became classical music.

Reactions: sserafim