D

DesireDeath

Feb 7, 2023
He was in the same situation as me, being treated like shit for his looks and being bullied at work . One time I showed him a picture of a really ugly guy and he said he would not be friends with him and probably stop interacting with him, indicating he considered himself superior to other ugly guys. Having shared my pic online before and most people having saved it, it would have been easy to ask around and see my picture though I never bothered sharing it with him. He did something similar last week, where he implied he didn't want to interact with me anymore so I blocked and ghosted him.

However, he contacted me on another account and said he hadn't seen my pic, I made him wait for a week before conversing with him again. However one of his comments to me in a conversation he stated he wasn't as deformed as me or something, which could just be due to the fact I keep saying I am hideously deformed, so I let it slide, ultimately letting him know we are in the same boat.

In fact, he's treated worse than me and never experienced being average or good looking like I did when I was younger. Recently I told him we should talk more on there or voice chat and he agreed, but all of a sudden at the end of the week, when he's off work he stopped messaging me. I gave him a day because maybe he was busy and tired from work, but he still spent time gaming on Steam which indicated he was ghosting me on purpose.

So today, I finally let him have it, insulted him harshly and attempted to break down his ego, then I unfriended him, so he can't even insult me back. Now if he wants to contact me he will have to do so through a seperate account which will be annoying for him because he hates that place. Considering this is the first time he has ghosted me, there's no chance he will contact me back.

To some extent I feel relieved but more than that I feel disappointed and depressed because now I will never have social interaction again even online. He has one thing going for him that I don't, a childhood friend and 2 childhood acquaintances, who reluctantly let him hang out with them once in a while after he begs for them to, he told me one of them even took pictures of him and made fun of his face. I wish I hadn't burned the bridges with my childhood friends but it's far too late for me to even try and reconnect with them. Also he has another online friend who I have interacted with as well, that guy's even more deformed and a pain to interact with. I tried reconnecting with him but he never accepted my friend request, despite the other guy telling me he would, later the other guy made up an excuse saying he was busy. With what exactly, he sits at home all day and has no real life friends at all. These people are absolutely pathetic but this indicates that I must be the ugliest looking out of all 3, despite having no medical diagnosis of a deformity, one of them does. It's hard to believe how bad my face has gotten considering I was average to good looking before, this is all environmental btw I suffered a number of issues that deformed my face.

Keep in mind I was tolerating his company purely because he was in the same situation as me. He's boring, low effort, unintelligent, and sometimes a pain to interact with, however I am completely isolated and don't even have online friends so yeah it sucks.

• Aww..
Reactions: Ultracheese and epic
dumpstermagic

dumpstermagic

Lone Hobo
Mar 6, 2023
you have me imagining some nightmare face tbh

• Hmph!
Reactions: Sadbrains, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, DesireDeath and 1 other person
TransilvanianHunger

TransilvanianHunger

Grave with a view...
Jan 22, 2023
Maybe it's just me, but cutting off contact with someone you simply "tolerated" doesn't sound like a huge loss. Also, I don't see how your appearance would prevent you from talking to people online, even if it might cause you trouble in real life. I talk to some people online and we've never felt the need to share photos of each others' faces. Looks are simply not a factor. If they are important in whatever corners of the Internet you're hanging out, you might want to start looking elsewhere. I can assure you there's people out there who will happily talk to you if you hit it off, regardless of what either of you look like.

Reactions: TapeMachine
Sadbrains

Sadbrains

She/They
Mar 10, 2023
how could i be making fun of you? ive never even seen you
He said he deals with deformities of some kind, and you reply with something as cruel and insensitive as that. Making fun of him or not, it's rude and didn't need to be shared.

As for OP, do not worry. It may take time but I assure you there are plenty of online friends to be had if you look a lot. I've made several that has never once asked to see my face which is great because being trans with no means of operation, hormones, etc., I can feel like I'm a freak as well. I do eventually show my face out of my own personal battle of learning to accept who I am, and usually with having a good connection with someone, this effects nothing. My gender is still respected and I even get what I assume to be fake compliments to make me feel better. Also, someone you get comfortable enough to do so with ARE NOT your friends because they wouldn't care what you looked like if you had a good connection. I wouldn't even had let him get far enough to block me, because he would've been blocked after saying he wouldn't be friends with someone just because of how they look. I am truly sorry you have to deal with so many shit people in this world.

Keep your head up. If his situation is truly worst than yours, he will continue to suffer acting like that.

Mimi_

Mimi_

I only deserve to suffer
Mar 10, 2023
I am so sorry for you, we can be so cruel to each other sometimes. I hope you will meet someone who doesn't care about looks and accept you as you are

Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
how could i be making fun of you? ive never even seen you
I think you should explain yourself to the OP. You've hurt their feelings with that remark.

@DesireDeath you can report someone did you know that?

dumpstermagic

dumpstermagic

Lone Hobo
Mar 6, 2023
I think you should explain yourself to the OP. You've hurt their feelings with that remark.

@DesireDeath you can report someone did you know that?
they are posting like their face is the actual apocalypse and is destroying their life. i must be the only one who thinks in pictures? i don't care about deformity, ugliness, acid attacks, abcesses or whatever i will treat everyone the same. i think it's a bad idea to show your pictures to random people on the internet in general. it's also good to remember the people you meet online are not automatically your real friends and you should not devote any part of your self worth to what they think.

• Hmph!
Reactions: BrainShower and DesireDeath
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
they are posting like their face is the actual apocalypse and is destroying their life. i must be the only one who thinks in pictures? i don't care about deformity, ugliness, acid attacks, abcesses or whatever i will treat everyone the same. i think it's a bad idea to show your pictures to random people on the internet in general. it's also good to remember the people you meet online are not automatically your real friends and you should not devote any part of your self worth to what they think.
I think on pictures as well. But hurting someone is not oke.
This wasn't a random person, the OP really thought they were friends. And then still, it doesn't matter. You don't insult someone, especially for something they can't help

Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
Pysical problems eventually leads to a variety of social as well as mental problems, Its dreary to look in the mirror and not see yourself as you would like to, not because of little details that can be fixed but because it snowball.

D

DesireDeath

Feb 7, 2023
It absolutely is destroying my life, as for what you claim many people say the same thing. But their real life and even online behavior shows differently. Lookism is an implicit bias present in everyone and the tendency to bully or ostracize ugly people is human nature and instinct. Anyone who claims they are immune to this is lying to themselves and others.

epic

epic

Enlightened
Aug 9, 2019
Are you male or female ?
Were you romantically involved with this guy ?