todiefor

todiefor

Scrap that, nothing matters at all after all
Jun 24, 2023
I'm very close to ctb, in the last 7 months where I have wanted to ctb, my biggest concern has been my mother's welfare. I feel so guilty that I am my parents only child and my death deprives them of grandchildren and legacy, which is all they ever wanted. In fact a major reason for my ctb is that I failed my parents in getting a divorce and unable to give them grandchildren.

Anyways, can anyone relate? I feel like I would feel much less guilt if I were not an only child

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: tbroken, logi3535, Hardcore_Henry and 2 others
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
I can relate to worrying about how my parents will fare after my death, though I am not an only child. In regards to your situation, why does this divorce guarantee that you can't give them grandchildren? Are you approaching the end of your fertility window?

Reactions: Hardcore_Henry
Hardcore_Henry

Hardcore_Henry

Water Drinker
Dec 24, 2023
same, im an only child, i know it would hurt my parents greatly, it one of the the reasons im trying to stick around.

Reactions: logi3535
logi3535

logi3535

even in death, may you be triumphant
Jan 8, 2024
not an only child but my father wants grandkids and my sister already said she doesn't want kids because shes scared of turning out like our mother. I feel awful about when I go through with my ctb but it is what it is

Reactions: tbroken