CatLove56

CatLove56

Experienced
Jun 30, 2018
Can't even get a conversation going much less get laid. Always reminded why I don't even bother

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: 7b48hl, Someone123, lofticries and 12 others
O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
These apps are full of pain and disappointment.

Reactions: Throwawaysoul, Celerity, onlyanimalsaregood and 8 others
CatLove56

CatLove56

Experienced
Jun 30, 2018
These apps are full of pain and disappointment.
Just like life! I just noticed I'm always the one carrying the conversation IF it gets started. So fucking desperate for some interaction but apparently I'm supposed to fluff up their ego

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Celerity, sunshine5, LastFlowers and 3 others
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
In my case, online dating is only good for depressing me to the point of overcoming SI. In fact, that's an idea I might make note of. :D

• Hugs
Reactions: Someone123, Disappointered, whatevs and 6 others
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
apparently I'm supposed to fluff up their ego
That's exactly what it is, lol. I love the ones that are just a checklist of demands without saying anything about themselves, or the classic "don't waste my time." Well how do I know what's considered a waste of your time? Is talking allowed? Okay, bye! Bumble and Hinge seem to have the nicest people, I've found.

Reactions: CatLove56
yive

yive

life is evil
Nov 6, 2020
Just like life! I just noticed I'm always the one carrying the conversation IF it gets started. So fucking desperate for some interaction but apparently I'm supposed to fluff up their ego
"I just noticed I'm always the one carrying the conversation IF it gets started" — i have exactly the same experience...

online dating fucking sucks, it's pure suicide fuel. i'll never use any online dating apps anymore. sorry, but i respect myself

Last edited:
Reactions: Disappointered, whatevs, CatLove56 and 1 other person
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Must be brutal these days. Even when I talk to women accidentally online they seem to all ask for money. I wonder how many people are on these things to actually meet someone and have a real relationship? Must be a very small percentage.

• Yay!
Reactions: 7b48hl, whatevs, gottago222 and 1 other person
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021

Reactions: Regrets, Superdeterminist, LionsTigersAndBears and 6 others
UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
Never tried it, never will. I can barely handle FB.

Reactions: WitheringAway, callme, Shadowplay and 1 other person
stellabelle

stellabelle

ethereal
Dec 14, 2018
Can't even get a conversation going much less get laid. Always reminded why I don't even bother
It's like modern day "shopping" on Amazon for the "next" person that ignores you.

Think of people and their advertisement about how great they are. And then think of the many things that go horribly wrong.

If your "primary goal" is to "get laid", you might want to rethink your purpose for being on there.

Grab your lotion and tissues and please enjoy a session with your left or right palm.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: WitheringAway, Celerity, Élégie and 5 others
S

Siegfrida

Nov 21, 2021
I don't know how online dating is these days, but even some 6 - 7 years ago it was difficult. I was searching for a partner back then, went out on quite a lot of dates (maybe 20 - 30), but it never "clicked" with anyone.

Reactions: sunshine5
TheHatedOne

TheHatedOne

Death is salvation
Sep 26, 2021
online dating is the least effective way to meet someone and advance imo...i met people in forums, reddit, etc. that i easily advanced the shit up with randomly and worked more tjan all these dating bulllshit wil ever work. i Used OK Cupid once... met a guy who was also childfree and etc.... stil ddidn;t click with him. But my ex, i met him randomly on reddit and he was also CF and antinatalist and it worked really well, but for a shorttime... All i'm saying is that meeting people from random places can be more meaningful than purposefully metting people from dating sites, dating sites are mere ego parade so don't trust 'em.

Reactions: Mixo, not4us and CFLoser
CatLove56

CatLove56

Experienced
Jun 30, 2018
It's like modern day "shopping" on Amazon for the "next" person that ignores you.

Think of people and their advertisement about how great they are. And then think of the many things that go horribly wrong.

If your "primary goal" is to "get laid", you might want to rethink your purpose for being on there.

Grab your lotion and tissues and please enjoy a session with your left or right palm.
That only goes so far.

solid_snake

solid_snake

Nov 27, 2021
Modern dating isn't worth it anymore. You have to find something which makes life worth living outside of that.

• Hugs
Reactions: Celerity, onlyanimalsaregood and Manaaja
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
That's exactly what it is, lol. I love the ones that are just a checklist of demands without saying anything about themselves, or the classic "don't waste my time." Well how do I know what's considered a waste of your time? Is talking allowed? Okay, bye! Bumble and Hinge seem to have the nicest people, I've found.
"Affectionate, smart, ambitious. Looking to meet!!! I'M SO OVER TEXTING. IF YOU'RE INTERESTED ASK FOR MY # AND CALL ME. My schedule varies. Don't call btw 3-8pm M-Th. Leave a message if I don't answer. I am looking for a guy 29-40yrs old, single, no kids but wants kids, has their shit together, won't ghost, is LOOKING FOR A NORMAL FACE TO FACE RELATIONSHIP. Didn't think I would ever have to say that but I do. NO drama, NO games. MUST have a sense of humor and be intelligent."

What a catch. Love getting scolded just for reading someone's profile. She is hot but I would never talk to someone like that. Doesn't anyone just want to chill and talk about how much everything sucks?

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: callme, Disappointered, onlyanimalsaregood and 3 others
Samsara

Samsara

Experienced
Mar 9, 2020
I do like online dating as long as the encounter and relationship happen spontaneously and organically, rather than through an app. I find that getting to know one another via text/chat in addition to in-person adds another nice layer of dimension to my understanding of the other person.

Reactions: stygal
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
Online dating apps are full of people who just want an ego boost by getting as many people as possible to admit they are physically attractive. Some of them do occassional hookups and some don't even do that and pretty much just sit and watch how many people they can match with. It's cesspool of vain narcissists.

Reactions: Élégie, callme, Disappointered and 3 others
C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
I just hate how if you're average or hell even below average you basically have no chance. Like for example no wants to deal with a disabled person and I put that in my bio under the job heading but as usual people will judge you and won't even bother replying. And hell that's just one thing nobody doesn't like about me. Sure I've gotten likes and barely some messages that went beyond a simple hey or hello but it never goes anywhere. Despite me hating myself still I don't think I'm that ugly and even despite taking better pictures of myself and dressing up and such: Nothing. Also I feel like you have to sell yourself or come up with some cheesy pick up lines just to get someone's attention it's ridiculous. Like god forbid you have a normal conversation without me trying to peacock and then them having to feel constantly validated. At this fucking point all I want is just to talk to someone instead of dating but welp I guess that's just too much to ask in the modern world of relationships.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: WitheringAway, Élégie, Marine and 4 others
Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

“Ye shall be as gods..🍎 🐍”
Jun 22, 2021
Society more than ever is being engineered in away to foster narcism and climbing up the attractiveness hierarchy. People on those dating apps are not really looking for real connection imo even if they are not aware of that. It is sad state but what can we really do about it getting worse and worse

• Hugs
Reactions: Celerity, Élégie, Disappointered and 2 others
gottago222

gottago222

paranoia bae
Dec 21, 2021
"Affectionate, smart, ambitious. Looking to meet!!! I'M SO OVER TEXTING. IF YOU'RE INTERESTED ASK FOR MY # AND CALL ME. My schedule varies. Don't call btw 3-8pm M-Th. Leave a message if I don't answer. I am looking for a guy 29-40yrs old, single, no kids but wants kids, has their shit together, won't ghost, is LOOKING FOR A NORMAL FACE TO FACE RELATIONSHIP. Didn't think I would ever have to say that but I do. NO drama, NO games. MUST have a sense of humor and be intelligent."
these people are absolutely hilarious. are they even real? who would swipe right on someone who automatically admits they are an ass? your supposed to make a good impression first and then show your real self after the person is hooked stuupiddd😂😂

Reactions: NumbItAll
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
I'm always stuck doing that and it feels like YUCK, I always regret it.
I start out thinking I'm offering someone necessary reassurance to assuage their woes and then it turns out that they actually didn't need it, as their ego is already the size of Mars and they were just knee-deep in a privileged pity party.
Like why the hell do I try to make other people feel good when they don't give a rat's ass about me (and I'm always honest too, I don't flatter without genuine sentiment, even when it ends up being self-deprecating for myself, at my expense).
Conversations would die if I didn't keep feeding them (and usually starting them to begin with).
And I'm not even talking about dating sites or speaking to someone with romantic hopes, this is the position I am (or was) put in even with friends, initial strangers/acquaintances (platonically), and especially family!
I'm sick of it.
I've never been on a dating site or engaged in that sort of thing but I can definitely imagine how frustrating, defeating, and exhausting it must be via my own somewhat related experiences.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Somber
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
Sometimes, I walk past restaurants and see a couple sitting by the window, both staring at their phones. How can a relationship be built from that..?

• Aww..
Reactions: Celerity, callme, Circles and 2 others
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
these people are absolutely hilarious. are they even real? who would swipe right on someone who automatically admits they are an ass? your supposed to make a good impression first and then show your real self after the person is hooked stuupiddd😂😂
It is pretty common and they will never attract a good partner with that kind of attitude. At least I know immediately to stay far away from them. I don't understand all these expectations everyone has... I just want someone to vibe with, but everyone is psychotic. :(

• Yay!
Reactions: Disappointered, GrumpyFrog and gottago222
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
At this fucking point all I want is just to talk to someone instead of dating but welp I guess that's just too much to ask in the modern world of relationships.
Romantic relationship are their own problematic can of worms, but thankfully those dating apps are not indicative of what real relationships and/or courtship are. It might seem like everyone is looking for partners on dating apps today, but the amusing part is that it seems like everyone who is looking is looking at dating apps, but if they eventually find someone it's almost never on the app, it's always elsewhere.
It is pretty common and they will never attract a good partner with that kind of attitude. At least I know immediately to stay far away from them. I don't understand all these expectations everyone has... I just want someone to vibe with, but everyone is psychotic. :(
Frankly, I don't think people with those bonkers bios are even genuinely trying.
But yeah, I understand, it's hard to find someone to hang out with. I mean, I'm psychotic too, but I can't vibe with those folks either.

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
All that swipe left and right, it's so bad, it's like choosing a car to go for a spin. I met my bf online. But I'm so happy that I don't have to go to that jungle again. Lots of catfish, please be aware, never go out unless you do a FaceTime or a Skype session. It's the best advice I can give. Please be safe.

Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
My own therapist recommended me to use dating apps because she believed I would have been able to find people. Ha! Very few matches ever and none of them have ever worked out so here we are. I've still never even been on an actual date before whether online or irl.

• Hugs
Reactions: whatevs and GrumpyFrog
callme

callme

I'm a loose cannon - I bang all the time.
Aug 15, 2021
I am so hideous I have never dated and never will. Surely doesn't make me feel better for all the people here so disappointed

What now, do I run around celebrating, or bleed myself to death while shaving..
Sometimes, I walk past restaurants and see a couple sitting by the window, both staring at their phones. How can a relationship be built from that..?

Yes and they don't have the guts to turn their heads up and admit it isn't working out?!

Me and you brother, we are an anachronism of a past age, I feel. I have never heard of the last time a woman has received chocolate or flowers on a first date, or a couple with separate bank accounts. Maybe because it never happens.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Blondi and Julgran
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
Yes and they don't have the guts to turn their heads up and admit it isn't working out?!

Me and you brother, we are an anachronism of a past age, I feel. I have never heard of the last time a woman has received chocolate or flowers on a first date, or a couple with separate bank accounts. Maybe because it never happens.

Perhaps both are already looking for a new date with someone else, while at dinner with their current date... it's like humans have become throw-away clothes.

• Love
Reactions: callme
fox_wannabe

fox_wannabe

Enlightened
Jul 7, 2021
Only like top 5% of man get laid on tinder, and they do numbers.

Reactions: Disappointered