• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

oneofyou

oneofyou

Feb 23, 2023
At first I thought of telling my whole life so far, but it is very difficult to remember details from the past.
And so. Have you decided to kill yourself?
Well, I used to be like that. I know what pain is, a lot of mental pain. Experienced for years. I know what it's like to be alone, to be insulted, humiliated, betrayed, hurt... Many times. I KNOW because I've lived it. I'm not just another old lady from the church. I have experienced every possible adversity. I'm a real person with real problems.
Look what my friend. Want peace of mind? Well, I can tell you how to get it without killing yourself. You only have to take one small step. Do one of these things and you will see the change.
Stop only one of the drugs you take - alcohol, cigarettes, marijuana or synthetic drugs
Consult a psychiatrist
Read the book The Power of Now
Take a bath and eat a box of chocolates right after
Find a boyfriend or girlfriend
Pray

The only difference between those who will choose death and those who will choose life is in this small step. A single step.
You are the most sensitive and the most intelligent people. People with mental problems are like flowers trampled by reality. You deserve to inherit the earth!

PS: I've suffered from bipolar disorder, paranoid schizophrenia, I've smoked cigarettes, I've drank alcohol, I've smoked marijuana, I've snorted amphetamines, I've had two suicide attempts, my mother died of cancer, my sister is schizophrenic, and so on

kwho

kwho

Student
Apr 29, 2023
sweet...

Not everyone likes chocolates though... you might want to expand your list of tasty treat options in your step-by-step guide to salvation.

I am sure you mean well. 🙂

TeflonMummy

TeflonMummy

Apr 1, 2023
I hope this worked for you. Unfortunately no solution is one size fits all. I've tried a lot of these options to no avail. I guess I could give the power of now a try. Always been looking for more stuff to read.

Be careful with scope when giving advice, for some people some of these things are massive steps (relationships, seeking mental health (especially in certain countries). You might find more success with these sorts of things trying to help individuals who are looking for it. Good luck, stay safe.

Reactions: zeldalover
oneofyou

oneofyou

Feb 23, 2023
Other books:
The Power
The Magic
The Power Of Your Subconscious mind
Quantum Warrior
The Power of Kabbalah

Movies:
The Secret
What The Bleep Do We Know

Last edited:
oneofyou

oneofyou

Feb 23, 2023
Other steps:
Stop drinking coffee
Start to meditate
Learn Buddhism

uniqueusername39

uniqueusername39

Student
Mar 7, 2023
are you for real? i'm not against recovery at all but this feels a bit condescending? it feels obvious to me that you are trying hard to fit in by listing all your hardships so that your advice seems more credible or something. im just wary of prolifers, even if they are well-meaning.

oneofyou

oneofyou

Feb 23, 2023
I am completely serious and not a profiler.

R

runningoutofoptions

May 17, 2023
Other books:
The Power
The Magic
The Power Of Your Subconscious mind
Quantum Warrior
The Power of Kabbalah

Movies:
The Secret
What The Bleep Do We Know
i know you mean well, but if you are not Jewish, please don't read/learn/recommend Kabbalah. Judaism is a closed practice, meaning that our rituals are for us and us alone. Kabbalah is extremely sacred to us, and appropriating it is something i wish people would stop doing

Reactions: minx and Valky
nerve

nerve

fat cringey shut-in
Jun 19, 2019
im not sure youre serious here, but if you are and you would actually like to help suicidal people, id suggest volunteering with a hotline or participating in a pro-life forum.

Reactions: Lost in a Dream
Coldpizza22

Coldpizza22

Crafter
Apr 2, 2023
Thanks for the recommendations. I've tried most of those; I don't take any substances (i rarely drink alcohol), took a long bath and ate some Nutella after, I've tried dating (went to a bar last Friday, complete fail), i do pray before sleep.

I'm just feeling lonely and depressed. I just want someone to be close to. I haven't been to a psychologists, I'm busy with work and would need to travel to the capital city to get to a therapist. And i dont have a driving licence and need to rely on public transport.
I might also read one of the books you listed, if i can find them.

silence of death

silence of death

May 20, 2023
as a paranoid schizophrenic i'm not sure i'll get really better by doing these tips, of course it's good advice but, i mean, i'm trapped in a body that want to destroy me, the symptoms will get worse and worse, and I just don't want to wait till i'm completely crazy incapable of discerning between reality and delusion so CTB is so tempting, i've already tried twice tho, got saved by an ambulance
and praying... god, I wish god doesn't exist, when i CTB i don't want to burn in hell for eternity just because i couldn't support my shitty life anymore

• Hugs
Reactions: Lost in a Dream
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
Take a bath and eat a box of chocolates right after
Find a boyfriend or girlfriend

I like those suggestions, but I'm not saying a prayer. That would be a waste of time. I get better results talking to myself honestly, and I have no intention of quitting marijuana. I just hope I won't need it as much in the months to come.

Reactions: Valky
minx

minx

praying machine
May 20, 2023
This only makes me sad that all the things i tried haven't worked out.

Last edited:
oneofyou

oneofyou

Feb 23, 2023
Life is not easy and fair. Just be patient, everything will fall into place my friend.