leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
Please no matter what you do in your life never ever marry a foreigner who doesn't live in your country.
Trust me.

• Yay!
  • Informative
  • Hugs
Reactions: Slow_Farewell, ctvunny, aGoodDayToDie and 2 others
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
Can confirm after watching countless seasons of 90 Day Fiancé

• Yay!
Reactions: ctvunny, Sluggish_Slump, Angst Filled Fuck Up and 2 others
MeaningDork

MeaningDork

If there's a will, there's a way.
Jan 14, 2024
Please no matter what you do in your life never ever marry a foreigner who doesn't live in your country.
Trust me.
My aunt married a man who didn't live in this country. Once he got his citizenship he divorced her.

• Aww..
Reactions: Celerity, ctvunny, TheBroken and 1 other person
Final_Choice

Final_Choice

Mage
Aug 3, 2023
Wait what but why? Cus I plan to marry a foreigner
It's a common scam for a foreigner to love-bomb and marry someone from a country they want to live at, they marry and the foreigner is now an official citizen much faster compared to other ways of obtaining citizenship, they then leave since they didn't actually love them and just wanted citizenship and get a divorce and then live their life as an official citizen. At least that's one reason to be warry of doing this.

Reactions: Celerity, Tears in Rain, ctvunny and 3 others
Chocomel

Chocomel

Chocolate Milk
Jan 13, 2024
It's a common scam for a foreigner to love-bomb and marry someone from a country they want to live at, they marry and the foreigner is now an official citizen much faster compared to other ways of obtaining citizenship, they then leave since they didn't actually love them and just wanted citizenship and get a divorce and then live their life as an official citizen. At least that's one reason to be warry of doing this.
Owhhh that's why. Tho my plan is that I'm going to their country, not mine.

leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
Wait what but why? Cus I plan to marry a foreigner
Because if you acquire anything together and then split. And each of you will want to return to their countries. It's going to be really hard.

Reactions: hikikomorizombie, ctvunny and TheBroken
Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
I worked in a field that... had more than it's fair share of love/relationship scams across borders.
While I do appreciate the OP's sentiment and warning, I don't think it's a hard and fast rule, and the advice should be taken with a grain of salt.

Personally I find it a bit amusing because the data I was exposed to suggests for every 10 cases that were classified as a "scam", there were 20/25 other relationships that, weirdly enough, was legit and surprisingly, worked out better than domestic relationships.
Surprisingly though, the relationships that work out do not have the same media coverage compared to those that do not work out.
Personally I had to sift through a lot and the conversations were surprising to those clients I reached out to.
The sentiment seems to have been for those whose relationships were working, they were too busy living their lives and achieving their goals for their family that they didn't have extra time to focus on the noise. They had time for their families and partners, sure, they just chose not to let the outside influence their home bubble.

Not saying it CANT happen, not saying it WONT, just saying be careful.

For the record, haven't been and will never marry, just someone exposed to the data.

• Informative
Reactions: Celerity and Tears in Rain
leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
I worked in a field that... had more than it's fair share of love/relationship scams across borders.
While I do appreciate the OP's sentiment and warning, I don't think it's a hard and fast rule, and the advice should be taken with a grain of salt.

Personally I find it a bit amusing because the data I was exposed to suggests for every 10 cases that were classified as a "scam", there were 20/25 other relationships that, weirdly enough, was legit and surprisingly, worked out better than domestic relationships.
Surprisingly though, the relationships that work out do not have the same media coverage compared to those that do not work out.
Personally I had to sift through a lot and the conversations were surprising to those clients I reached out to.
The sentiment seems to have been for those whose relationships were working, they were too busy living their lives and achieving their goals for their family that they didn't have extra time to focus on the noise. They had time for their families and partners, sure, they just chose not to let the outside influence their home bubble.

Not saying it CANT happen, not saying it WONT, just saying be careful.

For the record, haven't been and will never marry, just someone exposed to the data.
I haven't been scammed whatsoever and I didn't scam anyone. It's just so much more harder when an international relationship fails that's all

• Informative
Reactions: Slow_Farewell
Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
I haven't been scammed whatsoever and I didn't scam anyone. It's just so much more harder when an international relationship fails that's all
Not saying you did or you were.
And yeah, you are 100% correct when you stated it's much more harder.
All i stated was that it's a toss up, but shouldn't be the only reason why you shouldn't marry someone.