N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I think I cannot remember all of them.

I always was in favor of assisted suicide when I first read about it at the age of roundabout 13. So I was consistent on that.

I was when I was a teenager a conservative and now I am a lefty. I could explain a lot of policies which I have flip-flopped on but I don't want that this thread gets too political.

I did not take mental illness seriously. My mom always claimed my dad was just lazy and not depressed. I never could really grasp what it feels like not being able to stand out of bed. But when I experienced it it was shocking and bonecrushing. I underestimated mental problems a lot. But I was a teenager and kind of naive.

As a teenager I thought it was right to gaze into the abyss like Nietzsche put it. And by doing that I mean watching real life gore in order to see the true nature of humanity. I have changed my opinion a lot and I think except for some exceptipns one should rather avoid watching such stuff. So that the poor souls can rest in peace and it is often better for one's own health.

I thought it was easy to commit suicide. My mom told me one could simply take random medication and then one could die peacefully. Fictional series also depicted it similarly. I was so wrong about that.

I thought it was dumb to take mental health medication. Yeah I also changed my opinion on that. Since I take them my life quality improved a lot.

I thought one day there was an happy end for me. I thought this as a teenager. That someday my life will improve and all this abuse will have an end. Quiet the oppsoite happpened. So many new problems have emerged and I have been through hell since. Moreover I lost more and more the hope to find a gf.

Not sure which stance I had on gettng children. I think my dad always wanted me to procreate. And somehow I thought one should procreate for the sake of our country. (demographics) But I always was ambivalent on that. Now I am very very convinced that I never want to have children. Not even adopt one.

I thought it was great to live in Japan or the US. I was sad I was not born there. Yeah now I am know it sucks to live there even more than in my country.

I thought TV was entertaining, better than the internet, watched trash TV and I was fan of some asshole celebrities.

I was naive about soccer stars and confused being a good player with being a good person.

I read yellow press daily. My parents raised me that way. And I adopted some trash stances from that habit.

I had an unhealthy relation to my abuse. I thought it woud make me stronger the complete opposite is true. I am very vulnerable and fragile instead because of it.

I had some stupid and childish thoughts about suicide. I regret some things I told myself. I tortured me even more despite the fact I was already in a lot of pain.

I was somewhat religious due to the way I was raised. Now I am either agnostic or atheistic. I stopped believing in hell which comforted me.

I did not know how comforting suicide forums can be. I was kind of shy at the start. I think I am prone to interactions on the internet because in real life there is often no time for exchanigng deep thoughts. On the internet you get access to so many interesting niches. I love that on Youtube.

I believed that life was fair and that a true meritocracy would exist.

Now what are some stances you flip-flopped on?

Last edited:
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, whatevs and katagiri83
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
I too flipped from conservative to lefty. I can empathize with them due to my experience, but I can't imagine how in the world I used to believe how I do.

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
I relate to a lot of these.

I felt the same way about my abuse. I thought I could "build character" from it and all it did was crush me mind, body, and soul in the long run.

I thought I would figure this life out and make it too. I've only declined in mental health.

I think when I was a teen I was pro-life on abortion. I don't think I was super fanatic about it, but abortion made me sad. I think abortion is an important, necessary, and positive procedure now. I'm pretty extreme on that I suppose because some supporters think it's a sad thing.

I was a born again christian and all the sloppiness that comes with that. Now I'm a heretic.

I relate to staring into the abyss. It just made my psyche more fragile.

I'm a lefty, always have been and always will be. I'm open to thoughts though. I was consistent about the right to die too.

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, whatevs and noname223
gottablast888

gottablast888

Student
Apr 15, 2022
i was extremely against ass eating, now i want my ass eaten. i still wouldnt eat someones ass myself . i hope that doesnt change

• Yay!
  • Informative
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, not-2-b-the-answer, GenesAndEnvironment and 1 other person
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
i was extremely against ass eating, now i want my ass eaten. i still wouldnt eat someones ass myself . i hope that doesnt change
Now you're part of the mainstream. Ass eating is all the rage!

I flip flopped on Ethnic Nationalism. I still respect the autonomy and freedom of association of those that want to live among their race but it seems like a secondary issue when most people of all races are scum. So rather than genetic the criteria when selecting who you want to live with should be moral.

I always was firm in my sympathy and interest for notable suicidal people. I was always a pessimist and was proven more right that I could ever wish for.

I still believe we need to stare in the abyss sooner or later. All that was hidden will be revealed.

Last edited:
  • Yay!
  • Aww..
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Nolan96, gottablast888 and 1 other person
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
All of them, all the time.

Lily (Osako)

Lily (Osako)

Everything all at once
Jul 30, 2022
Pretty much everything. I was once arrogantly opinionated. Thought I knew what was right and wrong for the world.
Now I know I know absolutely nothing and anything outside myself is really none of my business as long as no one is being hurt.

• Informative
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and whatevs
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
The human brain sure is malleable ain't it?
Yeah but I still think they have a long way to go to make women want to get ejaculated in the face. One of the most degrading rituals in that sick industry.

Reactions: WhatPowerIs
WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
Yeah but I still think they have a long way to go to make women want to get ejaculated in the face. One of the most degrading rituals in that sick industry.
It's all very degrading and sick. It's all very inhuman, it's like it inspires fear in our brains more than anything erotic.

Nolan96

Nolan96

Mage
Feb 12, 2022
It'd be easier to say what I haven't flip-flopped on. I still flip-flop back and forth between different feelings about ideas sometimes 2 or 3 times in a morning walk. One thing I flip flop on a lot is radically going from being a stunted hurt adolescent who just wants to be accepted by society one second to thinking pieces of shit like me (and especially my former self, when I was more "progressive") are the reason civilization is such shit and I deserve every moment of agony I experience in life and on some level I hope someone comes out from around a corner and smashes my head in with a hammer so I die a painful death.

• Hugs
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
I've flipped on alot of things. When I was young, I believed what I was taught. Conservative family...

I'm now Prochoice on abortion... Hell.,.. probably pro-abortion now. Wishing I was aborted.
Not religious at all now. I think there could be something out there but not the way it's preached in church.
Wouldn't give a dime to a church now.
There's nothing wrong with being gay. I think straight people focus too much on the sex part of it. I'm sure they aren't thinking about what we do in our bedrooms.
Assisted Suicide is another one (Obviously) Didn't understand how much pain people could be in.
I also believed in the fairy tale happy ending. Shit!!!! Was I wrong.

Never wanted to reproduce... That is still the same and even stronger now.

I can't think of anything else atm.

MountainMonkey

MountainMonkey

Student
Jun 17, 2022
The older I get the more I realize opinions are fluid. I try not to be opinionated. It's difficult because I am a victim of the education system but I am trying.

• Hugs
rainysummer

rainysummer

x.x
Aug 23, 2022
righty in primary school to lefty in secondary and beyond as i actually started to develop empathy and perspective. a lot of my friends had the same thing happen to them.

• Love