• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

suffering

suffering

Too p*ssy to end it, too suicidal to leave
Aug 17, 2018
Not only more knowledgeable, but smarter. With every year that passes, I feel smarter. And I'm not young anymore, I'm doing downhill physically speaking. But my mind always gets sharper, I understand things better, even technical stuff, like I developed a better intuition. I don't think I've noticed this is other people, they usually plateaued after early/mid twenties or so. I frequently get surprised by my own thinking, things that previously seemed very hard or impossible, are now accessible. A few reasons that I can come up with:
1. Just late bloomer, I developed slowly.
2. Not being young anymore means my sexual side has weakened, therefore my judgement is not clouded anymore by emotions, high subjectivity, needs, etc.
3. I just healed childhood trauma. I was a constantly nagged as a child, so maybe my full potential lay hidden under a layer of self doubt. Now that I've healed, I can think straight.
3. Just better diet, clearing up my brain fog, for instance: no more sugar.

Anyone feel the same?

ThriveOrDie

ThriveOrDie

We are already in hell
Jul 11, 2019
Sugar definitely gives me bad brain fog

Reactions: Orin
Ko9

Ko9

Student
Jun 30, 2019
I feel like I am a piece of shit that is not self aware and has been kicked out of high school. No I do not feel smarter every year. Maybe that is something that comes later.

• Hugs
Reactions: Nem and suffering
N

_NoName_

Jul 5, 2019
I definitely gain self-awareness as goes move on. However even at the height of my age I can look mere 2 years (or even 2 months to some extent) back and think nothing but "cringe". That's how ashamed I am of myself and my past behaviours.

suffering

suffering

Too p*ssy to end it, too suicidal to leave
Aug 17, 2018
I definitely gain self-awareness as goes move on. However even at the height of my age I can look mere 2 years (or even 2 months to some extent) back and think nothing but "cringe". That's how ashamed I am of myself and my past behaviours.
I do the same, I cringe hard when I look back 1-2 years.

• Hugs
Reactions: irrelevant_string
GinaIsReady

GinaIsReady

Exit Strategist
Mar 29, 2019
I actually do feel I am getting smarter as I get older and more experienced but it also seems to tire me out faster nowadays.

Reactions: justanotherday

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
Just more knowledgeable. I'd compare intellect and knowledge to velocity and distance. One allows you to grasp complex ideas and concepts, learn things, reach conclusions and solve problems faster (more efficient neuron passways/connectivity/whatever) than your dull-witted kindred. The other one would be even more straightforward and represents the distance traveled. The older people might get too far and become unable to return, rigid and stubborn, conservative, strangers in their own house, so to speak.

Reactions: irrelevant_string
K

kkatt

Paragon
Nov 12, 2018
To be honest, I'm pretty certain all the drug use has quite seriously damaged my brain.
However, despite my difficulty in learning anything useful from my many mistakes, it's impossible to deny there is some wisdom to be found in experience.

Reactions: HGL91
HGL91

HGL91

Warlock
Jul 2, 2019
Been on antidepressants and mood stabilizers since I was 11. I'm now almost 28. I feel like I've gotten gradually stupider. I'll probably have dementia by the time I'm 32.

CareOfCell44

CareOfCell44

Jul 26, 2019
I definitely feel smarter, but sometimes it does nothing but help read writings on the wall that were previously unintelligible.

Ignorance is bliss until they take your bliss away -TCV

T

Thanatos

Outsider
Mar 23, 2018
I think I peaked at 16 then got into drugs. I still believe I'm somewhat intelligent just maybe not super knowledgeable

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I guess it depends what you mean by "smarter". My mind isn't any quicker, but I'm a lot more self-aware, a lot less judgemental and more willing to put the effort into understanding other people. That all feels more useful than the ultra-reliable memory I used to have.

irrelevant_string

irrelevant_string

Student
Jun 16, 2019
I do the same, I cringe hard when I look back 1-2 years.
There's tons of cringe worthy material in as little as few months old memories in my case. It's about time to start repressing them.
As for getting smarter, I'm not sure if I am.
I do feel like that when I think about my younger self, but I'd rather attribute that to having more information and more connections between what used to be unconnected data, which is perhaps better described as being wiser, rather than smarter.
Though I'm not sure what these words mean exactly, intelligence is often associated with the speed of making connections somehow and I imagine that that also improves with experience.
Maybe take another derivative and add acceleration to what @Burzolog said. I don't have a word for it though.

• Hugs
Reactions: 262653
Oblivion Lover

Oblivion Lover

No life, no suffering
May 30, 2019
Actually I'm getting stupidier every day. I was called a "genius" as a kid, and at some point I started declining so much that teachers were frustrated with trying to help me learn anything new, and that wasn't because I wasn't interested on learning, it was just because I couldn't no matter how much effort. If I were an old man, I'd be suspecting of some neurodegenerative disease like Alzheimer. My memory and cognitive skills are becoming so bad that it is scary. I really don't want to be here to find out what's going to happen next.

• Hugs
Reactions: suffering