F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I had been taking the advice I learned about journaling and today felt like a breakthrough. I began to write out the thoughts and feelings but it came out much easier than the previous days. I was writing and it was coming out effortlessly. I was like whoa! I think I see why Richard Grannon was saying u have to make friends with journaling regularly if u have complex ptsd in order to get traction in your life. I was shocked that 5 pages worth of thoughts came out lol!

I guess I'll see what happens in the coming weeks like if I have actually made progress moving towards different goals and stuff. I noticed that my mind is a bit quieter and my ability to keep things in my head that I want to do is easier. Maybe I'll be less reliant on the stimulant medication since I'm not weighed down as much by the unprocessed emotions. I was emotionally constipated basically lol! Like not feeling my feelings and trying to avoid painful or uncomfortable feelings.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Temporarilyabsurd, SawItOnce and azucaramargo
S

SawItOnce

Nov 13, 2019
That's wonderful to hear. I'm very excited for you. :hug:

Keep us updated :wink:

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
That's wonderful to hear. I'm very excited for you. :hug:

Keep us updated :wink:
I will, I've been thinking I might be on the wrong forum. There's one for complex ptsd i guess. Although I do think about suicide and so far it's not like I changed my mind yet on that. I might still do that if I can't make any progress or become healthier in the coming weeks.

S

SawItOnce

Nov 13, 2019
Well, to me the Recovery section seems to be a very appropriate place to share and explore such things, but to also participate and even mainly focus on cptsd forums sounds like a great idea. :) The vibes there would probably be more beneficial to you when you're in a less dark place

Reactions: Final Escape
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
amazing to hear. i would and probably others as well would love to see you're writing if it's in forms of art like poetry. would be dope and definitely inspiring!!

the recovery forum is the best part of the forum on the site in looking for some sort of positive vibe. however, if you really do feel like you need a change in energy from the negativity and are seeking a temporary place that has an energy suitable for you're journaling, then you should definitely do that if you feel as if it is.

hope things can continue to get better for you!!

• Hugs
Reactions: Final Escape