ouvreyes

ouvreyes

シシ
Oct 7, 2018
Should ctb be reserved for those that have no other options? This question is general, but personally, I acknowledge that I haven't exhausted all avenues for recovery. My life isn't that bad. As far as socioeconomic class and opportunity, I am extremely privileged, and I still have the majority of the estimated human lifespan in front of me to make use of it. Even if someone still has the time and capability to explore other options, do they deserve to ctb? (If it changes the meaning of the question, "deserve" can be exchanged with "should"). This is all in the context that they want to, obviously.

Reactions: End.of.the.line, RM5998, Red star and 3 others
Maravillosa

Maravillosa

Господи помилуй — мир в Україні!
Sep 7, 2018
It depends. Does that person have a spouse, dependent children, living parents? If one is alone in the world, I think that ctb would be more acceptable than if that person were married, a parent, and/or had living parents. But that is just my opinion.

Reactions: Lra888, RM5998, worldexploder and 2 others
Distanzmensch

Distanzmensch

Oct 25, 2018
It depends. Does that person have a spouse, dependent children, living parents? If one is alone in the world, I think that ctb would be more acceptable than if that person were married, a parent, and/or had living parents. But that is just my opinion.
I think anyone should consider to be alive some time after birth, if they want to get children. Close people can get away with it, your leftovers won´t that easy.

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob and worldexploder
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
Unless you asked to be born, CTB should be an absolute universal human right for anyone who wants it. We only got two options in life - catch the bus (controlled death) or let the bus run you over (natural/accidental death).

Reactions: Dead Meat, skitliv, Wolfjob_dayjob and 7 others
Maravillosa

Maravillosa

Sep 7, 2018
Unless you asked to be born, CTB should be an absolute universal human right for anyone who wants it. We only got two options in life - catch the bus (controlled death) or let the bus run you over (natural/accidental death).

Well, there are New Age believers who do think that people choose the circumstances of their birth and the general outline of their future lives. I think that is ridiculous, but that is just my opinion.

Reactions: Lra888, polyswarm, Schopenhauer and 2 others
ouvreyes

ouvreyes

シシ
Oct 7, 2018
Well, there are New Age believers who do think that people choose the circumstances of their birth and the general outline of their future lives. I think that is ridiculous, but that is just my opinion.

Just curious, but what's the reasoning behind that belief?

Reactions: VincentValentine and worldexploder
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
A lot of people do think that. Mormons think that as well. Someone else's faith shouldn't effect my will.

Reactions: Schopenhauer, VincentValentine, ouvreyes and 1 other person
Maravillosa

Maravillosa

Sep 7, 2018
Just curious, but what's the reasoning behind that belief?

I am not sure. I suppose it is the apparent unfairness of life that makes them think that the adverse circumstances were chosen before birth, in order to make their souls progress further than they might have otherwise done. I am not a New Age believer, so it is hard for me to comprehend.

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, Red star, Schopenhauer and 2 others
S

Schopenhauer

Enlightened
Oct 3, 2018
Suicide should be a fundamental right. Who would decide whether you "earned" death? A therapist? A government panel? Only the individual can make this choice.

And fuck the guys who believe I chose this life before birth, in a spiritual dimension. Nobody could be that dumb.

Reactions: ouvreyes, skitliv and RM5998
P

polyswarm

Sep 8, 2018

Usually goes hand in hand with 'Life never throws anything at you that you can't handle.'

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, faex42, RM5998 and 1 other person
Lra888

Lra888

Enlightened
Sep 30, 2018
It always seems to be super happy healthy people congratulating themselves for their comfortable lives. It's very insulting to those who have lives of suffering - like they put themselves in that situation and they deserve it.

Reactions: Schopenhauer, Maravillosa, Jen Erik and 4 others
RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018
Usually goes hand in hand with 'Life never throws anything at you that you can't handle.'

The only shit life has thrown my way is what I can't handle, but disguised as stuff that I can. I call bullshit on that retarded proposition.

Reactions: polyswarm and faex42
P

polyswarm

Sep 8, 2018
The only shit life has thrown my way is what I can't handle, but disguised as stuff that I can. I call bullshit on that retarded proposition.

I hope you realized that I wasn't agreeing with that statement, I'm very much on your side in regards to that.

Reactions: RM5998 and Wolfjob_dayjob
Wolfjob_dayjob

Wolfjob_dayjob

Student
Oct 19, 2018
Why should someone care their parents will survive them?? Parents have offspring WANTING to die before the progeny (thereby subjecting them to witnessing their death) AND with the known possibility of the "worst outcome" (burying their own children). They had all the power provided they have birth control or are of privelege to have the safety, option or knowledge not to birth. Children are allowed to decide even it hurts their makers is what I'm saying.

Reactions: Schopenhauer and ouvreyes
Wolfjob_dayjob

Wolfjob_dayjob

Student
Oct 19, 2018
Life can be frustrating and chaotic and unfair, sounds like another way to believe in a just world, karma or comeuppance or reward outside of life as we know it. To try to absolve the uncertainty and guilt? :<

RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018
I hope you realized that I wasn't agreeing with that statement, I'm very much on your side in regards to that.

Yeah, of course I do. I just wanted to say "I call bullshit on"+dumb_shit. I wonder how people can say stuff like that with a straight face. It's just like bullshitting on a resume, except with a lack of self-awareness.

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
AGAIN "no one asked to be born so everyone should have the right to die"

Reactions: ouvreyes, skitliv and RM5998
BaconCheeseburger

BaconCheeseburger

Comfort-eating
Aug 4, 2018
CTB should be open to everyone, but there was definitely someone in my life who 'earned' the right to CTB. She had (what sounded like) the worst upbringing from start to finish, and at the end of her life she was making attempts regularly each week. It was sad when she passed, but a relief that she'd finally got there.

Reactions: Schopenhauer, Maravillosa, RM5998 and 1 other person
Threads

Threads

Warlock
Jul 13, 2018
Suicide is a human right. It is inhumane and cruel to not allow people do to that. Does that mean people should be able to freely walk into a clinic and be given medicine to kill themselves? No.

They should be able to order it from home.

If you don't agree, you should be physically accosted until you do.

Period.

Reactions: Schopenhauer, RM5998 and ouvreyes