• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Un-

Un-

I'm a failure. An absolute waste. A LOSEr.
Apr 6, 2021
I've always had a soft spot for them.. I'd consider them my favourite music genre.. Something about it that invokes.. I don't know what.

"To Be Forgotten", by Lee Morse:

I mean, even cows like it:

L

Lostandlooking

In limbo
Jul 23, 2020
I didn't know 'after you've gone'. Love her voice so much. One of the best singers ever in my opinion.

I love it when this genre of music pops up in videogames. Fallout 3 somewhat started my interest in this.

I've got another one; summertime performed by george gershwin and billie holiday.

Un-

Un-

I'm a failure. An absolute waste. A LOSEr.
Apr 6, 2021
I've probably listened to this song over 30 times. Exactly what they're singing about had happened to me - to the T. It was rather fitting I had this song to lie on.

Say It Isn't So, by L & J:

L

Lostandlooking

In limbo
Jul 23, 2020
I know a version of that song by Julie London. It's fun how so many old songs have been sung by many different artists. You could find a dozen versions of summertime for instance.

Julie London - Say It Isn't So

wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
"Nature Boy" by Nat King Cole. It was a song a late friend identified with a lot. They played it at his funeral. (He didn't ctb, if that matters to you.)

I'm posting Cole's daughter's cover, since I love the eerieness she projects. It seems more fitting than the jazziness of his original, somehow. Might just be a generational preference thing.

MentalStefan

MentalStefan

Loser
Jul 3, 2022
Here's an old polish song (1935) - Ostatnia niedziela (The Last Sunday). It's a well-known song in Eastern Europe. It tells a story of a man who has been deeply hurt by someone and wants to commit suicide. I find it one of the most beautiful songs of all time.

draingang

draingang

białasy podbijają na funkcję jak
Feb 21, 2023
Here's an old polish song (1935) - Ostatnia niedziela (The Last Sunday). It's a well-known song in Eastern Europe. It tells a story of a man who has been deeply hurt by someone and wants to commit suicide. I find it one of the most beautiful songs of all time.

my mom says this was her favourite song when my dad passed cause he passed on a sunday and she used to listen a lot to it after his passing

Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
Oh I absolutely love old time music. I discovered this fact after playing the Fallout Game series. Here's some of my favorites:

• Love
Reactions: Lostandlooking
H

HeatedBlanket

Mar 23, 2023
I used to love hearing my parents play oldies when we were in the car when I was little.

Reactions: Lostandlooking