• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Arihman

Arihman

Efilist, atheist, pro-right to die.
Jun 8, 2023
So, I'm in serious financial trouble, and I might soon lose my financial support in the form of various apartments I rented. I also have a bunch of stuff I didn't pay, so I will be in serious trouble if I don't.

I dread both the prospect of not finding a job, since I have almost no skills or experience, AND the prospect of finding it and having to work the rest of my life for what, in my judgement, is devoid of meaning. Which is working for the sake of maintining an existence that ultimately can only cause unnecessary problems that you often can't even solve. Including the possibility of always getting tortured to the point of wishing to be dead, whereas if you're dead you can never wish to be alive again, because you can neither suffer, nor lament not experiencing the "goods" of life.

Hence, I will probably need a plan to get this done.

There is an abandoned house in the countryside where I live, with lots of trees nearby I might possibly use to hang myself, but I don't know if they will hold my weight. There is also a shed with a concrete huge bar, maybe that's the best spot. I'm thinking of going there at night, and then CTB.

Will post pictures of some spots when I get there, anyway.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
I wish you the best of luck in your plans.

Dliena

Dliena

๐š‚๐š‚ ๐™ผ๐šŽ๐š–๐š‹๐šŽ๐š› ๐™ฝ๐š˜ : 43,53?
Dec 22, 2023
I wish/hope you all the well with your endeavors and may nothing but eternal peace await you from anymore cruelty cataclysm world.

Reactions: davidtorez
S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
Good luck, unmet friend. Just sorry you're in this position.

O

Olisop21.

Student
Mar 15, 2024
I'm hoping to get the courage to CTB, stop procrastinating and do it.

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
It sounds as though you need a large tree with a sturdy horizontal (or at least more horizontal than vertical) branch at a moderate height above the ground. You may need a ladder to access it - so it might be a good idea to take one with you . It would be a good idea to do some reconnaissance first (without the ladder), to figure out exactly what you will do when you come back and do it for real. As someone in the Officer Training Corps was fond of telling me over 50 years ago: Time spent on recce is never wasted.

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
If you use the trees (the third picture), check that they will take your weight, by putting your full weight on one (e.g. by hanging by your hands, or something). You can't tell, just by looking, how sturdy a tree of that size is. Much depends on whether the base is rotten or not. If they are sturdy, the location seems ideal, since it appears to be secluded and there would be little chance of being interrupted.

The horizontal concrete bar (middle picture) would work too.

It's hard to say, from a photo, how sturdy the window grille (first picture) is. Also, from there you would not be hanging free. Your feet could probably get some leverage on the wall.

Arihman

Arihman

Jun 8, 2023
If you use the trees (the third picture), check that they will take your weight, by putting your full weight on one (e.g. by hanging by your hands, or something).
Good idea, will try it out. How long should I hang with my hands to be sure?

It's hard to say, from a photo, how sturdy the window grille (first picture) is. Also, from there you would not be hanging free. Your feet could probably get some leverage on the wall.
Mmm, I'd better avoid it then. Survival instinct could get in the way.

I'm leaning towards the concrete bar, but the trees, or at least some of them, seem a bit less exposed (less chance of being accidentally seen), though if I do it at night I should be safe anyway.

What kind of rope should I use?

Last edited:
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
Good idea, will try it out. How long should I hang with my hands to be sure?

Mmm, I'd better avoid it then. Survival instinct could get in the way.

I'm leaning towards the concrete bar, but the trees, or at least some of them, seem a bit less exposed (less chance of being accidentally seen), though if I do it at night I should be safe anyway.

What kind of rope should I use?
Hanging from the trees for a few seconds, and swinging about, will put enough stress on them to give you an indication of how strong they are. If the trees don't move at all (apart, perhaps, from bending slightly) then they should be strong enough. If they make a noise, that is a sign of potential weakness.

Any kind of rope would probably work, but nylon rope stretches a little. (That's why mountaineers use it. If you have just fallen 100 feet, you don't want a sudden stop that could cut you in half.) Most other kinds of rope don't stretch. More important than what it is made of is how strong it is. You could do a static test, and load the rope with at least twice your own weight. If it doesn't break then it probably won't break later.

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Like mentioned above better to check the strength beforehand and remember we do get a little heavier once we are unconscious and let go.
I wish you all the best in your plans. Hope you find peace and freedom โค๏ธ

Arihman

Arihman

Jun 8, 2023
You could do a static test, and load the rope with at least twice your own weight.
Don't know if I can do it, I don't even know how I would, or if I can find an object heavy enough.

There is a sports shop in the city near where I live. Maybe I could ask them how much weight the rope can hold.

Last edited:
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
Don't know if I can do it, I don't even know how I would, or if I can find an object heavy enough.

There is a sports shop in the city near where I live. Maybe I could ask them how much weight the rope can hold.
Well at least test it with your own weight. (Fasten one end to something and make the other end into a loop that you can sit in.) If you can hold some heavy object(s) at the same time that would help.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I'm sorry you have to go through this. I think this thread has some useful info about trees:

Reactions: Cody Jones
Arihman

Arihman

Jun 8, 2023
Well at least test it with your own weight. (Fasten one end to something and make the other end into a loop that you can sit in.) If you can hold some heavy object(s) at the same time that would help.
You mean like tying one end to, say, a bar (or a tree), and then sit on the other end?

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
You mean like tying one end to, say, a bar (or a tree), and then sit on the other end?
Or it could be easier to tie it to your anchor point with one end and make a noose with the other. Put a strong rod through the noose and hold on to the rod and pull it down with your full weight for aslong as you can and try to swing on it to account for convulsions after unconsciousness.

Arihman

Arihman

Jun 8, 2023
Yes. Anything of that sort.
Mmm, maybe I could tie it to the anchor point, and then use the other end as some sort of swing, like the ones children play with in parks.

Anyway, I tested one or two of those trees, and it seems they are sturdy enough to hold my weight.

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
Heck, why not play on a swing before you go? (Im 70, and every now and then I go play on my swing that hangs from one of my walnut trees, not far from my front door. Sometimes it's nice to be 12 years old again.) You might as well go out on a fun note. We can't be serious about everything in life - or death.

Dark Window

Dark Window

Experienced
Mar 12, 2024
I personally think hanging is a poor option. A big window of opportunity to be saved, very uncomfortable, SI a huge problem to overcome when choosing this method.

Shadowpriest

Shadowpriest

Jan 20, 2024
Last one would not recommend, it is elastic and it is too thin, even when you apply pressure to it it will become thinner. I believe that rope is for a bicycle.
Best option for rope is between 10-14 mm thickness, PPE (polypropylene). That is what I learned on this forum... Here is a PDF file with useful info

Attachments

• 184475_157432_How_to_Hang_Yourself.pdf
    608 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Arihman

Arihman

Jun 8, 2023
Last one would not recommend, it is elastic and it is too thin, even when you apply pressure to it it will become thinner. I believe that rope is for a bicycle.
Best option for rope is between 10-14 mm thickness, PPE (polypropylene). That is what I learned on this forum... Here is a PDF file with useful info
And the first one?

Shadowpriest

Shadowpriest

Jan 20, 2024
And the first one?
Judging by the first picture with the 8mm white rope I believe that next one (red one) is slightly thinner (arround 6mm), but it looks like it is some kind of paracord or parachutist rope/climbing rope which is pretty much ok. I don't know which is the ideal rope, some say it is PPE rope, some say it is some silky japanese rope, etc.. Only problem is the thickness of the rope. Thinner ropes tend to cause much pain through the process, that is what I've learned here on SaSu, can't really tell you from experience cause I have none, didn't tried, didn't "exercised" so I can only rely on the info I've found here... Again, ideal thickness is between 10-14 mm, but if you get desperate you can use available options. Recommend fighting the SI with some booze, preferably rum, it's cheaper and gets you easier/faster tipsy.