Pookie

Pookie

Somebody you used to know.
Oct 18, 2020
This is a satire piece but it's so spot on that I just had to share it.

https://local.theonion.com/man-experiencing-first-real-moment-of-peace-in-years-re-1819575640

2F041788 40B4 40CC B60A CC229277EB0F

PORTLAND, OR—Interrupting the only moment of genuine peace the man had known in several decades, a team of paramedics reportedly resuscitated area resident Alan Taborsky this morning following an apparent cardiac arrest. Reports indicated that just as Taborsky had reached a state of complete relaxation in which he felt unburdened by his life's troubles for the first time in recent memory, medical technicians wrenched him back into consciousness with a pair of defibrillator pads. By reviving the 62-year-old, emergency personnel reportedly denied Taborsky the deepest sense of contentment of his life, cutting short a soothing and profound state of calm after what sources confirmed was only a few blissful seconds. At press time, a paramedic had informed Taborsky that he was lucky to be alive.

Last edited:
  • Yay!
  • Aww..
Reactions: UseItOrLoseIt, Ame, FuneralCry and 6 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Damn, I hope not to be resuscitated never ever lol.

Reactions: death137, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, not-2-b-the-answer and 1 other person
Pookie

Pookie

Oct 18, 2020
Same for me. Here in the UK you can fill out a form called an "Advance decision to refuse treatment" and send it to your GP. It declares your refusal for life support under certain circumstances such as minimally conscious/vegetative states etc. I've already filled mine in but haven't sent it to my GP yet.

• Hugs
Reactions: death137, demuic, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
'Lucky to be alive' - I don't think so. Consciousness really is a nightmare.

Reactions: death137 and Pookie
Pookie

Pookie

Oct 18, 2020
'Lucky to be alive' - I don't think so. Consciousness really is a nightmare.
Yup, and some will even say that when the person is in a vegetative state or completely paralysed. "Life is so precious, at least he/she is still alive." It's as if some of them don't even consider QUALITY of life. :angry:

Last edited:
Reactions: FuneralCry, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, All Things Must Pass and 1 other person