M

metothemoon

Feb 11, 2024
What happens when you OD on olanzapine?
I live alone, so not likely to be found within 24 hours.
Besides hanging it seems my only option.
Also have some nortryptiline and queatiapine I can mix with.

Any advise?

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
I've overdose on olanzapine before i took around 500 mg i literally passed out within 5 mins i didn't feel a thing just lay down my mom found me and rang an ambulance, i was in respiratory arrest, i was in coma for 2 days , i had no lasting damage.

S

syde44

Sep 3, 2024
I took 2240mg of olanzapine, 30mg of xanax and 210mg of zopiclone in February 2024.
I was found in a coma about 25 hours later, I had vomited a little and then inhaled vomit so I had pneumonia on top of that.
I remained in a coma for 8 days, and I survived without any particular after-effects, but according to the doctors I was extremely lucky, they considered me a miracle.

M

metothemoon

Feb 11, 2024
I've overdose on olanzapine before i took around 500 mg i literally passed out within 5 mins i didn't feel a thing just lay down my mom found me and rang an ambulance, i was in respiratory arrest, i was in coma for 2 days , i had no lasting damage.
Did they tell you what would have happened if you werent found?

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
Did they tell you what would have happened if you werent found?
respiratory arrest which refers to a medical condition where breathing stops. If left untreated, it can lead to a lack of oxygen to the brain and other vital organs, potentially resulting in brain damage or death.

M

metothemoon

Feb 11, 2024
respiratory arrest which refers to a medical condition where breathing stops. If left untreated, it can lead to a lack of oxygen to the brain and other vital organs, potentially resulting in brain damage or death.
Thanks for the reply. Not opting for brain damage though…
I took 2240mg of olanzapine, 30mg of xanax and 210mg of zopiclone in February 2024.
I was found in a coma about 25 hours later, I had vomited a little and then inhaled vomit so I had pneumonia on top of that.
I remained in a coma for 8 days, and I survived without any particular after-effects, but according to the doctors I was extremely lucky, they considered me a miracle.
Thanks for the reply. Must have been afwull.
Wish I had excess to benzo's though