Eren

Eren

Si hablas español mándame un MP
Oct 27, 2018
I have been an OCD for years, and although I can be without obsessions for a long time, however sometimes a topic that obsesses me appears, for example recently I have built a computer to play, and I am obsessed by the issue of CPU temperature, I already They have said that the temperature is not bad but I'm still obsessed measuring the temperatures, at sickly levels.

More people with ocd?

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Woodnote, exhausted and Brick In The Wall
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Yeah, me. *waves*
All my life, I'm 47 now. No one ever knew. It's like an awful impending sense of doom if something isn't exactly right. And it never is no matter how many times I do it. Like a broken circuit in the brain, for me a complete division between what I think and what I feel.
Objects, doors, some phrases, using a computer, organising things.
It's not all the time though and kind of only one thing at once for me. And it made me very good at certain things, especially work.
47 years and no one ever noticed!

• Hugs
Reactions: Woodnote, GinaIsReady, Brick In The Wall and 1 other person
SuicideBoys93

SuicideBoys93

I am the lord of loneliness.
Feb 10, 2020
Never been diagnosed but obsess on my life in general. Can't find the peace of mind for five minutes to get out of my head. I noticed mine is worse in the mornings, and at night. It's like my head starts to laugh when I shut all the lights off in my house. As soon I lay down, it's like okay where did we leave off last night...

• Love
Reactions: exhausted, Brick In The Wall and Eren
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Oh dear all the icons on my pc are in a particular order, all the folders carefully ordered, everything has its place. Same on my phone. I used to be an archaeologist and a graphic designer, so much order and detail.
You should see my kitchen though it's a mess. Weird.

Reactions: Brick In The Wall and Eren
Eren

Eren

Si hablas español mándame un MP
Oct 27, 2018
Oh dear all the icons on my pc are in a particular order, all the folders carefully ordered, everything has its place. Same on my phone. I used to be an archaeologist and a graphic designer, so much order and detail.
You should see my kitchen though it's a mess. Weird.

In my case I have no obsessions with order or cleanliness (in fact I am very messy, included in my computer), in my case they are obsessions with fear of doing something wrong, in this case having mounted something wrong on my computer. Also, when I have to choose between several options, I can spend months thinking about that and no option is good because nothing is perfect.

Reactions: Brick In The Wall
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
In my case I have no obsessions with order or cleanliness (in fact I am very messy, included in my computer), in my case they are obsessions with fear of doing something wrong, in this case having mounted something wrong on my computer. Also, when I have to choose between several options, I can spend months thinking about that and no option is good because nothing is perfect.
That's me too. Consider every angle every positive and negative then fail to act because there are so many variables. Doctors reeeaaalllly hate me.

Reactions: Brick In The Wall and Eren
helfire

helfire

Some people are born with tragedy in their blood
Feb 24, 2020
Hai,
I'm part of the OCD club as well.
One of the things my OCD makes me do is that if I get one hand wet, I NEED to have the other one wet too.
And I struggle with the other OCD things like germ phobia, cleaning and organization mania (only if I'm not too depressed). Checking things many times to see if it's really closed, etc. As well as the obsessive thoughts in general

Reactions: Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I have a little bit of OCD and I think most people do with certain things. I'd say it's helped me keep some aspects of my life organized. I really feel for the people who have it bad though.

a.n.kirillov

a.n.kirillov

velle non discitur
Nov 17, 2019
Very mildly and only sporadically but it gives me a glimpse into the horror that life with real OCD has to be. For me it's stuff like rearranging the furniture which turns into a frantic restless three day ordeal where I can't think of anything else and can't do anything else until I have it figured out. Or stupid things like suddenly wanting to replace all paperback books with hardcovers or figuring out how to arrange them.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Woodnote and exhausted
exhausted

exhausted

Experienced
Oct 22, 2019
I haven't been diagnosed, but I think I have pure obsessive OCD. I thought I was hearing voices for a while, but it's these horrible intrusive thought spirals which go on for MONTHS and absolutely torture me. They can take up every second of the day.

CatabolicSeed

CatabolicSeed

they/them
Feb 19, 2020
I have OCD that mainly manifests as dermatillomania

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I have a weird thing: I absolutely love...er...anything that organises stuff: wallets, Filofax, folders, satchels, briefcases, military backpacks (I have a survival kit), phone cases. I especially love anything in sleek black leather. Tool bags as well. All my crap is stored away in many many briefcases :hihi:
I even once bought an iPod case cuz it was lovely. Didn't have an iPod though, I gave it away in the end.

N

noko

Not tortured
Feb 14, 2020
OCD can become true hell. I have trouble with repeating unwanted words and thoughts in my head for a year and a half. I try my hardest to block this shit but it never ends. I have no peace in my waking life. Though I'm actually surprised there's so few people with OCD on this site.

StillWaiting

StillWaiting

Need cats to comfort me
Jul 28, 2018
Does obsession with cleaning things count ?

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
OCD appears to be characterised by deranged seretonin and dopamine levels.
I had success with prozac many years ago. Absolute freedom. It didn't last though.
Your brain biochemistry always seems to attempt to re-establish what it considers to be the status quo, even if its unhealthy.