T

TracieB

Sep 1, 2018
I know the rules but having read Stan's {?} guide it seems perhaps it's out of date or maybe Stan isn't in the UK as SN is definately not easy to come by here. It's really frustrating. There is an ad that comes up for various labs if you type in the search criteria of SN and 95% but the German one won't let u register; the green button just doesn't work. I have emailed them and they just keep saying their technicians are working on it.

I also wondered whether anyone else has felt the same as I do once they've made the decision? Every time I think about writig to the letters to my nearest and dearest I cry uncontrollably. I've pretty much been sleeping all day to try and escape but in the evening watching some mindless TV. I need to make sure the person Who is going to return my cat and see the big note on my bedroom door saying not to enter but to call police and ambulance has a lot of instructions re taking my cat back home and arranging with my Mum to take him home with her, things I want to leave to various people etc. It all feels like too much right now. During previous acute episodes of depression there comes a time that I get out of bed and just slowly start catching up with washing up etc but this time I don't have that because although I know I need to do something as mundane as the washing up everything else just seems pointless when I know I've made the decision I have.

As I am sure most of you know, you can't really talk to anyone about it because everyone just wants to keep you alive or call the emergency services to get you into hospital. It's so hard being alone and trying to summon the energy to do anything at all. At least if I had the SN I think I would share a lot of what other members here have and that is soem sense of relief as you know you finally have the method of checking out when you like so you're more in control. Any ideas, thoughts?

Thanks so much x

• Hugs
Reactions: Misfit72, Hyperbunny and Lostandlooking
T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
I think Stan was in the UK, but it was easier to get hold of back then. Most people seem to be finding it through a popular arts and crafts site (E), and are buying it from a foreign seller.

Reactions: Sapphodivine, Brink, Hyperbunny and 2 others
T

TracieB

Sep 1, 2018
I think Stan was in the UK, but it was easier to get hold of back then. Most people seem to be finding it through a popular arts and crafts site (E), and are buying it from a foreign seller.
Thank you so much x

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
Alot of members in the UK have ordered it. I think most from the 'arts and crafts site'

Reactions: Sapphodivine and (deleted member)
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
Basically, it's kinda hard and no official suppliers will sell here due to laws. You'd have to source it from a private supplier online, which can be hard to find but they are found at times. On top of that you kinda just have to hope it doesn't get stopped while being delivered.

Reactions: Hyperbunny
T

TracieB

Sep 1, 2018
Basically, it's kinda hard and no official suppliers will sell here due to laws. You'd have to source it from a private supplier online, which can be hard to find but they are found at times. On top of that you kinda just have to hope it doesn't get stopped while being delivered.
Oh really? Odd as I've read it's perfectly legal to buy and own as it's used for curing meat. Keeping my fingers crossed it arrives now that I've paid for it and I was also wondering about extra costs re customs. I've been stung that way before just ordering a pair of earrings from the States; the tax was more than the price of the earrings. I queried this with the tax office given that I'd already paid tax on the earrings within the price and they explained it's because you are doing the UK out of tax by buying from a retailer overseas. So fingers crossed on that score too. Who'd have thought the process would be so fraught with obstacles?

Reactions: Sapphodivine
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
Oh really? Odd as I've read it's perfectly legal to buy and own as it's used for curing meat. Keeping my fingers crossed it arrives now that I've paid for it and I was also wondering about extra costs re customs. I've been stung that way before just ordering a pair of earrings from the States; the tax was more than the price of the earrings. I queried this with the tax office given that I'd already paid tax on the earrings within the price and they explained it's because you are doing the UK out of tax by buying from a retailer overseas. So fingers crossed on that score too. Who'd have thought the process would be so fraught with obstacles?

ITs not illegal. but if you go on any Uk chemical site that sells it they won't sell it to you (unless lucky). they won't sell to the public, you need a business or be a school.

I didn't get a customs charge with mine, it depends how the seller sends it though i imagine.

T

TracieB

Sep 1, 2018
ITs not illegal. but if you go on any Uk chemical site that sells it they won't sell it to you (unless lucky). they won't sell to the public, you need a business or be a school.

I didn't get a customs charge with mine, it depends how the seller sends it though i imagine.
Thanks so much for the info x

Reactions: checkouttime