ketchup sandwich

ketchup sandwich

Lost
Sep 15, 2020
On Tuesday I clogged the toilet at my psychiatrist's office.. the only bathroom in the office- a tiny one person unisex bathroom that all of the patients and staff use. The damage was very bad. I was too embarrassed to tell the receptionist. I am now consumed with guilt and shame for not speaking up. Also, I am refusing to take the lithium. I am coming into that office, wasting their time and decimating their bathroom. I'm terrified to go to my next appointment. I keep imagining my psychiatrist telling me "I know it was you who clogged the toilet. I hate you. Mental illness aside, you are an inconsiderate, gross person and I don't want to work with you anymore". It would've taken me a split second to tell the receptionist "hey, the toilet is clogged", but instead I remained silent and now I pay the price. Even though days have passed, I want to go into the office and confess my sins to the staff. I ruminate over the smallest things. I stole a Gameboy game from my friend when I was 10 and it still haunts me to this day. How do you unburden your conscience when it's out of control? My Jiminy Cricket is constantly screaming at me. I was catholic as a child, went to confession multiple times every week, so that might explain something.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: LifeQuitter, Shivali, houseofleaves and 16 others
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
On Tuesday I clogged the toilet at my psychiatrist's office. The damage was very bad. I was too embarrassed to tell the receptionist. I am now consumed with guilt and shame for not speaking up. Also, I am refusing to take the lithium.
Poetic justice. Your psychiatrist is trying to feed you shit, so you unconsciously retaliated by overpooping in their toilet.

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: Shivali, houseofleaves, lofticries and 17 others
ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
This sounds like the plot to a Curb Your Enthusiasm or Seinfeld episode.

• Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: houseofleaves, tryingtoescape, WrongPlaceWrongTime and 6 others
Apricity

Apricity

Wizard
Jul 27, 2021
Why won't you take the lithium? For me, it was because it made me a mental zombie. Turned me into a moron.

Reactions: lobster salad, WrongPlaceWrongTime and ketchup sandwich
ketchup sandwich

ketchup sandwich

Lost
Sep 15, 2020
Why won't you take the lithium? For me, it was because it made me a mental zombie. Turned me into a moron.
I've tried various meds and most of them I give a chance for at least a few weeks. I've tried lithium twice and each time I stop taking it after ONE day. The only med that makes me feel like a zombie immediately after taking it. My psychiatrist insists that feeling of being a zombie is normal at first, that my brain for years has only known how to function within a state of mania/hypomania, so she wants me to stick with the lithium and "learn to be a person again" without mania. I'm not confident in the bipolar 1 diagnosis. I always think I know better than my psychiatrists. Sometimes I'm convinced that in 100 years humans will see medication management similarly to how modern humans look back on frontal lobotomy.

Last edited:
Reactions: rationaltake
Apricity

Apricity

Wizard
Jul 27, 2021
If you want treatment, but not lithium, ask about Trileptal. It doesn't cause you to go zombie mode. Plus no constant bloodwork. Idk why psychs keep pushing that lithium shit, it's literal poison. I know it works, but there are better alternatives.

Reactions: tryingtoescape, lobster salad and ketchup sandwich
Idontrecognizemyself

Idontrecognizemyself

Thank you for listening
Oct 26, 2021
Losing my absolute MIND over this story oh my god hahaha. I'm so sorry. Humor aside (and you are a FANTASTIC storyteller, I feel like I'm right there with you in that tiny unisex bathroom experiencing a dawning horror), that sucks. I experience constant guilt and rumination very similar to how you described (my Dr thinks it's OCD but jury's still out on that one) and it is truly all-consuming. Even tiny transgressions from decades ago feel worthy of death.
If it's any consolation to you, I worked as a janitor for many years, and the days someone clogged the toilet? Wasn't even a blip in my radar. You'd be shocked how many people shat in showers, sinks, or somehow all over the walls (???) and would just carry on with their lives with 0% of the regret you are expressing.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: houseofleaves, WrongPlaceWrongTime, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 2 others
Enigmatic Sailor

Enigmatic Sailor

vicissitudes of fate...
Oct 29, 2021
You flooded a toilet of a place that probably has the best insurance and the problem is easily solvable in a few minutes?
That's the 9th fucking circle of hell for you... I-I'm so sorry...

Jimmy 3

• Love
Reactions: ketchup sandwich
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
So inconsiderate. Just stay bunged up until you get home and clog your own toilet like a normal person.

But seriously, nothing you described is a big deal. My guess is you have an overactive sense of "conscience" - whether that's due to a religious upbringing, a mental health issue, or something else I couldn't tell you. Try to relax about it all though. Life happens.

• Love
Reactions: lobster salad, ketchup sandwich, WrongPlaceWrongTime and 1 other person
Shadowplay

Shadowplay

Average life non-enjoyer
Sep 11, 2021
This sounds like the plot to a Curb Your Enthusiasm or Seinfeld episode.
Yeah I was gunna say sounds like an episode of 'Curb Your Enthusiasm'.

• Yay!
Reactions: ClownMe
motyxia

motyxia

less than him
Oct 14, 2021
If it makes you feel any better I've vomited a lot of times in someone I barely knew's house, on their floor & bed, never the garbage or toilet (not because I was a scumbag, just couldn't walk). & they cleant it up every time. I still feel really ashamed for those times :sick:

Reactions: lobster salad
H

hashtagnull

Oct 27, 2021
Your story made me giggle - thanks. Hopefully I'm not just being horrible - I do the same thing with the rumination and long-lasting guilt (I even do it about things that I did wrong when I was 4 years old). I'm not sure why I do that... I didn't get any religious indoctrination. I totally get that it's ridiculous. Anyways, the only thing that helps at all is to laugh at myself.
So yeah, look on the bright side.. you can bring this incident up when the shrink asks if you've been taking your meds ;)

• Love
Reactions: tryingtoescape and ketchup sandwich
Toonloon

Toonloon

Experienced
Nov 17, 2020
I locked the door of the only bathroom at my shrink's office.
The people who give the key pissed me off so I turned on the water to the sink locked it up.

I honestly believed they had an extra key. I was wrong. I told my shrink and he laughed. He told me he was leaving that building anyway and didn't care.

I'm the same way. I obsess over stuff that is awful and uncontrollable. And at things I do without thinking but just reacting.
But most of the time nobody cares but me. I just watch a show I like. Cut myself. Masturbating.
Nobody cares honestly.

Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime
O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
I'm sorry to find humor in your painful story but this is the hardest I've laughed while reading this website.

• Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: armadillydally, tryingtoescape, Shadowplay and 3 others
Rogue Proxy

Rogue Proxy

Enlightened
Sep 12, 2021
Poetic justice. Your psychiatrist is trying to feed you shit, so you unconsciously retaliated by overpooping in their toilet.
Too bad there isn't a toilet big enough to flush down all the therapisses, psychiashits, and psycholoshits in the world.

All in seriousness, while I understand how guilt and shame can gnaw at your consciousness, it's very unlikely that the shrink will bring up that bathroom mishap, let alone berate you for it. If the latter occurs, you can tell it where it can flush itself down, and leave it like your last bowel movement.

Last edited:
TheLastFemaphrodyke

TheLastFemaphrodyke

Student
May 25, 2022
On Tuesday I clogged the toilet at my psychiatrist's office.. the only bathroom in the office- a tiny one person unisex bathroom that all of the patients and staff use. The damage was very bad. I was too embarrassed to tell the receptionist. I am now consumed with guilt and shame for not speaking up. Also, I am refusing to take the lithium. I am coming into that office, wasting their time and decimating their bathroom. I'm terrified to go to my next appointment. I keep imagining my psychiatrist telling me "I know it was you who clogged the toilet. I hate you. Mental illness aside, you are an inconsiderate, gross person and I don't want to work with you anymore". It would've taken me a split second to tell the receptionist "hey, the toilet is clogged", but instead I remained silent and now I pay the price. Even though days have passed, I want to go into the office and confess my sins to the staff. I ruminate over the smallest things. I stole a Gameboy game from my friend when I was 10 and it still haunts me to this day. How do you unburden your conscience when it's out of control? My Jiminy Cricket is constantly screaming at me. I was catholic as a child, went to confession multiple times every week, so that might explain something.
OMG! ROTFLMFAO!!!!! There are certain stores, that shall remain nameless, that I no longer shop at. I am afraid they have my picture up, 'Wanted for Bathroom descretion'!

• Yay!
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Rogue Proxy
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
Poop goes in the toilet, it just so happened that yours clogged it. Nothing to be ashamed of at all,op.
So inconsiderate. Just stay bunged up until you get home and clog your own toilet like a normal person.

But seriously, nothing you described is a big deal. My guess is you have an overactive sense of "conscience" - whether that's due to a religious upbringing, a mental health issue, or something else I couldn't tell you. Try to relax about it all though. Life happens.
More like shit happens.

• Yay!
Reactions: whatevs, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Angst Filled Fuck Up
B

Banshee

Student
Oct 25, 2021
I highly doubt a psychiatrist would bring something so little and embarrassing up to one of their vulnerable patients.

If they do, that's good news! You will now know they're not professional enough to be in that position.

Reactions: whatevs
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
I hate shrinks, I think you did a good deed there. These charlatans could use some humbling experiences, perhaps shit-clogging helps.

• Yay!
Reactions: Rogue Proxy and KuriGohan&Kamehameha