N

Nurse T

Student
Aug 23, 2020
Hey so some of you may seen my post about SN getting cancelled, Iv now re-ordered through different site and payed through PayPal.
however! Some of you may remember last week I was a bit irrational and took an OD not to die but just to get peace! However I also Self harmed on my abdomen and stupidly put a metal pin in it as I thought mayb I could get sepsis instead! It is now infected but this isn't the way I want to go!
that was irrational and now I have thought rationally and properly about it, I have all the stuff for SN method just waiting for the SN to arrive as final piece. I'm just now terrified if I get taken to Physical hospital, they may become more involved and the possibility of SN method would be difficult. I'm having horrendous time at home and work as most of you have read previously.
And I know it was stupid so please no condescending remarks I am nurse and fully aware of my predicament, but just need some just advice with no judgement on how I can deal with my wound without alerting suspicion. I have tried basic wound packing and dressings but it is oozing so much!! Not sure what to do???

• Hugs
Reactions: Hazelnut and siickmann3
D

DockoftheBay

Sep 10, 2020
Hot salty water always works for me on infections . Some calendula cream to heal and lots of fresh, vitamin C rich foods to kick-start your healing - blueberries, broccoli, citrus, other berries, kale.

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed and Sinkinshyp
N

Nurse T

Student
Aug 23, 2020
Hot salty water always works for me on infections . Some calendula cream to heal and lots of fresh, vitamin C rich foods to kick-start your healing - blueberries, broccoli, citrus, other berries, kale.
Thank you, will try that

C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
Can you not just get the wound looked at? make up a story how it happened?? I obviously don't know how it(the wound) looks to someone else

B

BrokenLine

Experienced
Jul 13, 2019
Just go to a hospital or phone your doctor Nurse T say you cut yourself on a nail or something and its now infected they may just arrange for a prescription to be sent to your pharmacy, it happens up here because of corvid. if asked why you waited say you had a symptom of corvid and you waited as long as you could but now you need help so phoned instead of risking going to a hospital. You will be lying, don't know how you feel about that.

N

Nurse T

Student
Aug 23, 2020
Thank you guys, the thing is the rusty pin is still embedded under my abdomen

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Perhaps I'm not understanding things, but as a nurse, surely you've heard tons of excuses for things. Is there not anything you can think of as a believable excuse? If you're in the UK, is there a concern because you have self-harm or suicide attempts in your medical history?

N

Nurse T

Student
Aug 23, 2020
Perhaps I'm not understanding things, but as a nurse, surely you've heard tons of excuses for things. Is there not anything you can think of as a believable excuse? If you're in the UK, is there a concern because you have self-harm or suicide attempts in your medical history?

If it was just the wound I could get away with it, but the Safety pin is now embedded in my abdomen as the wound is healing over where it was inserted, but the fluid is still managing to leak out, but it's getting worse everyday I'm having to change dressings twice a day,

Cherrypea

Cherrypea

I remember when all this will be again
May 3, 2020
Sorry to say but you need to get it out, this isn't going to go away on its own (I'm also a nurse) Either suck it up and get help or dig it out yourself. Can you go to a walk in minor injuries clinic?

B

BrokenLine

Experienced
Jul 13, 2019
If it was just the wound I could get away with it, but the Safety pin is now embedded in my abdomen as the wound is healing over where it was inserted, but the fluid is still managing to leak out, but it's getting worse everyday I'm having to change dressings twice a day,
You could say you had the wound covered and bandaged, you went to sleep and woke up bleeding with the bandage and covering removed. And you just covered the wound again now the wound is infected and you feel something hard in the wound (if you can) and your worried that it could be a safety pin you used because one was lost one at the time. If you can't feel it and when they get it out just sat that. Sorry if its not much help.