• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

M

madbananas

Wizard
Apr 29, 2020
Ok so I posted a while back about this person who literally blocked me after my attempted ctb. He worked his way up in his own social ladder which was breaching the mental health community, as in he acted like that was what he cared about (despite blocking me because of this).
Now he's fully been promoted into an actual mental health group. It's not a money thing but more of a social status thing. How can someone unfollow then block someone who attempted suicide but then have the fortitude to do this?? I literally did not have any negative communication with this person before, during or after my attempt, and yet he blocked me. And now this. And yet people with actual lived experience are being shunned and excluded from this. I actually cannot believe what is happening before my eyes.
please someone help me with this, I didn't think my life could get worse but all this person has done has resulted in him working his way up.

Reactions: Kat!
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
I'm sorry, I'm a little confused. Are you saying another user of this forum stopped you from ctb? Or this person knows about your ctb attempt, and blocked you from a promotion?

M

madbananas

Wizard
Apr 29, 2020
I'm sorry, I'm a little confused. Are you saying another user of this forum stopped you from ctb? Or this person knows about your ctb attempt, and blocked you from a promotion?
Sorry for the confusion. No. Nothing to do with this forum apart from I've posted about this issue previously. A person I know (not from here) is working his way up the social status ladder and will likely become a leader. He is now become part of a mental health clinical care group which again boosts him up in his future career. Yet he was the one to unfollow and then subsequently block me after I tried to ctb. So when you consider the modern ideas of ctb prevention being around care, empathy yada yada it's a huge stab in the stomach for me to find this out, that he's essentially doing stuff to boost himself while actively blocking the people he supposedly cares about. He does this with other things too but I'm feeling this one greatly because it hits home and is hypocritical as hell.

Gaybonez

Gaybonez

vegan jesus
Nov 30, 2020
Paranoid schizophrenia.

M

madbananas

Wizard
Apr 29, 2020
Paranoid schizophrenia.
Sorry what? I, nor the other person, has a diagnosis of paranoid schizophrenia. I'm sure the person who originally replied doesn't either, or maybe they do, but it has nothing to do with my post.

Gaybonez

Gaybonez

vegan jesus
Nov 30, 2020
Sorry what? I, nor the other person, has a diagnosis of paranoid schizophrenia. I'm sure the person who originally replied doesn't either, or maybe they do, but it has nothing to do with my post.
Perhaps I misread. What exactly did this person do?

Gaybonez

Gaybonez

vegan jesus
Nov 30, 2020
I've already said above
I didn't misread then. There's nothing wrong with being mentally ill at all, but worrying about someone avoiding you and then succeeding in life comes off as paranoid. I'm open to being proven wrong.

Last edited:
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
You are 100% correct. The person sounds like a hypocrite to me. As a mental health professional, he should have tried to help you after your ctb attempt. Instead, he distanced himself from you, possibly to avoid association should your attempt become public knowledge (not sure if it did).

Unfortunately, I know people like this as well, they will throw you under the bus or distance themselves from you to get ahead. In the end, the loyalty this person shows is what he will be shown. Someone will use him to get ahead, or blow him off when it's convenient for them.

Hopefully the ss community will be supportive.

Gaybonez

Gaybonez

vegan jesus
Nov 30, 2020
You are 100% correct. The person sounds like a hypocrite to me. As a mental health professional, he should have tried to help you after your ctb attempt. Instead, he distanced himself from you, possibly to avoid association should your attempt become public knowledge (not sure if it did).

Unfortunately, I know people like this as well, they will throw you under the bus or distance themselves from you to get ahead. In the end, the loyalty this person shows is what he will be shown. Someone will use him to get ahead, or blow him off when it's convenient for them.

Hopefully the ss community will be supportive.
Oh, I think I misread. OP is just upset about a fake person. Ok. Nevermind. Forget I said anything

S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Oh, I think I misread. OP is just upset about a fake person. Ok. Nevermind. Forget I said anything
I don't think this person is fake. I get the feeling they work together.

S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
With who, exactly?
I think @madbananas works with, or knows someone in the mental health field. This person learned of @madbananas ctb attempt, and distanced themself from her to further his career. @madbananas is upset, because as a mental health professional, this person would be expected to help in a situation like this instead of ghosting.

Reactions: Gaybonez