D

Doctors HATE them

She/they
Nov 16, 2022
There is no saving my relationship with my parents. There is no way to make them truly understand that they are responsible for my problems and that they owe me. I can't move out to CTB because I have no money or car and doing it while living with them is begging to get caught. I feel so trapped.

• Hugs
Reactions: undecided and The Burning Fool
U

undecided

Experienced
Aug 25, 2023
Out of interest, what do your parents "owe you"?
Also, there are places you can ctb without having to move out, or have a car and money.

D

Doctors HATE them

She/they
Nov 16, 2022
I was physically and emotionally abused as a child and I am still affected by it. My parents owe me reparations and a safe place to stay away from them. They have a lot of money and could easily pay for my rent so I can maybe have a small amount of peace, but they don't want to and don't want to elaborate; they just call me spoiled instead. With that said what are some places that are free that I can go to CTB?

Sagew0789

Sagew0789

Almost there
Jul 10, 2023
I get what you mean, it can definitely be really frustrating especially after a period of time
I personally go to family therapy once a week for over 2 years now and I've brought up the fact that it isn't going to "fix" our relationship both within the session and in my individual sessions. I always get responses like "she's your mom you can't just treat her like a stranger"
I don't think some relationships can be "fixed" it's going to take A LOT of time and sometimes that's not even enough