Kali319

Kali319

Sep 30, 2023
I've written so many letters I've lost count. It gives shape and a voice to that voiceless part of myself that rightly wants out of this mess. That part of myself that is shamed and beaten away in the name of "love". I think that's why this community is so amazing. Where else can we say "I want to kill myself" and not have lovemongering monsters beat people down?

Anyways, I wanted to share one of the letters I wrote a while back, I think you all might appreciate it.

------------

Dear World,

I hope you can forgive me for all my wrongs. I hope you can understand death isn't scary of deserving of fear. It isn't an evil thief, robbing the world of beauty. Rather, it gives beauty to the world, like a sunset after a long and adventurous day at the beach. In accepting death you accept life. In rejecting death, you reject life. You cannot have one without the other.

So, when death is calling, there is nothing to fear. In my case, death has called for me sooner than most. Maybe it is just passing by, reminding me that one day, it will be my turn. Maybe that day is today. I'll be listening closely. Please forgive me.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: johan.liebert, Twntysix, anxiousguineapig and 6 others
NotToBe

NotToBe

Sep 28, 2023
This is beautiful. Thank you for sharing. I've struggled a lot with writing suicide letters because there are simply just too many circumstances and feelings that have lead up to my suicidal ideation that I have no idea how I could summarize it into one note. All that I know is that I would want to leave behind something beautiful that portrays my character, my wishes, why I chose to leave, and answers to any questions my loved ones may have. Your note is very poetic and I wish I had the brainpower to conjure up something this nice lol

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Twntysix and Kali319
Kali319

Kali319

Sep 30, 2023
This is beautiful. Thank you for sharing. I've struggled a lot with writing suicide letters because there are simply just too many circumstances and feelings that have lead up to my suicidal ideation that I have no idea how I could summarize it into one note. All that I know is that I would want to leave behind something beautiful that portrays my character, my wishes, why I chose to leave, and answers to any questions my loved ones may have. Your note is very poetic and I wish I had the brainpower to conjure up something this nice lol
Thank you, that means a lot. There is so much that goes into why we are suicidal isn't there? I mean, I definitely relate to you on that. I don't think a 3 book novel would be enough to really capture it all, the world is so complicated lol.

I feel like everybody has their own way of expression, so I hope that you can find your own special way of getting your voice out there <3

haibane

haibane

Reki
Sep 27, 2023
I definitly feel u, almost every night before sleeping i write one on my phone and register it. So the day i will finally be dead my family will finally know why i did it. I find it so relaxing to do it personally

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Your letter is really well written, I've personally always found so much comfort in death, I certainly could never see it as something to fear.

stilhavinightmares

stilhavinightmares

Warlock
Oct 13, 2022
So beautifully written. I wish I could write one this well. Also, I have written so many notes in my life that I've lost count. It is comforting. I can imagine myself leaving this existence, and that's all I want.