CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Injury damage disabl hard talk no argu make fun et
Sep 17, 2022
Human monster see entrrtin how keep hurt other say wow cool badas, keep fun, think blood brutal ok, think shock trauma ok, think mental illness problems ok. All thing entertain them , strong concpt reall toxic say strong all blood abuse ok what entertainment real terrible species. Human make character abuse character what different real human this sll monster hidden wabt they want abuse each thus human cruelty keep entertaij suffering. This dhow too human no empathy shallow cruel see char suffer make entretain say ok this same see world terrible say ok

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: tetra, leeloosnow, Rocinante and 6 others
Alayna

Alayna

Close
Oct 11, 2022
Idk

I think we might sometimes watch it because we don't want it to happen, to strengthen ourselves against the possibility that it could? Like a way of coping with the brutality that existence can inflict on us at any time?

And I'm not sure it comes from low empathy either, we tend to relate to and root for characters we identify with. The piece of media probably wouldn't keep us involved otherwise.

But that's all quite theoretical and subjective and I hear that it's really disturbing you right now. Take care, and good luck detoxing from violent entertainment :heart:

• Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream
CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Injury damage disabl hard talk no argu make fun et
Sep 17, 2022
Understand mean distract enjoy, can enjoy thingbwabt ok , problem this many ppl no ok see communit meme etc muxh apathy , see fan write abuse not good make fun mental . Point big human make story no understand human brain . Understand some story good some bad still human want abuse human also ignorant brain body mechanic

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Someone123 and Alayna
Line

Line

Oct 13, 2022
This is true, people are violence at heart so they seek out violence entertainment. I guess it also serve some purpose for keeping them in fantasy instead of acting out irl

Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
Modern humans have existed for 200,000 years. Our DNA has barely changed in that time. Intergroup conflict is built into our DNA, which is why we form into competing tribes at every opportunity - political groups, nation-states, religious denominations, football teams, even brand loyalty! Our closest cousins, the chimpanzees, have a similar tendency for group battles, too.

Presumably, a lot of violent games, sport and media is an outlet to vent for the most primitive tribalism that is otherwise socially unacceptable to express openly. And yet, I can't help wonder if we have the potential to actually evolve out of the stone age. Perhaps in another 200,000 years, in the unlikely event that humans are still alive.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: CTB Dream and leeloosnow
makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
Human monster see entrrtin how keep hurt other say wow cool badas, keep fun, think blood brutal ok, think shock trauma ok, think mental illness problems ok. All thing entertain them , strong concpt reall toxic say strong all blood abuse ok what entertainment real terrible species. Human make character abuse character what different real human this sll monster hidden wabt they want abuse each thus human cruelty keep entertaij suffering. This dhow too human no empathy shallow cruel see char suffer make entretain say ok this same see world terrible say ok
Mam our species is still evolving, with enough time perhaps we can one day Ieave our violence and ignorance behind us. It is possible that we might make war with weapons systems that will remove us as a species from the planet. šŸ¤”

leeloosnow

leeloosnow

Warlock
Aug 28, 2022
Modern humans have existed for 200,000 years. Our DNA has barely changed in that time. Intergroup conflict is built into our DNA, which is why we form into competing tribes at every opportunity - political groups, nation-states, religious denominations, football teams, even brand loyalty! Our closest cousins, the chimpanzees, have a similar tendency for group battles, too.

Presumably, a lot of violent games, sport and media is an outlet to vent for the most primitive tribalism that is otherwise socially unacceptable to express openly. And yet, I can't help wonder if we have the potential to actually evolve out of the stone age. Perhaps in another 200,000 years, in the unlikely event that humans are still alive.
lol'd at the honesty and mental imagery i got from this. isn't our closest genetic relative the bonobo, yknow, the south american monkey that sits around masturbating all day? humans are basically awful, agreed, it's rare to see compassion practiced rather than just given lipservice. and it's worse when we're grouped- exactly. ape together strong >.< i attribute the shittyness of humanity to a lot of more compassionate ppl's hopelessness, detachment, ctb desires, especially after chatting here. imo humanity will slowly eat itself alive, no way it's gonna last another 200k yrs. rats will rise.....

Reactions: Pluto and CTB Dream
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
isn't our closest genetic relative the bonobo
Apparently the DNA similarity between chimps and bonobo to humans is the same, so I stand corrected in that point. The bonobo seem to be a more peaceful species. It's almost a metaphor for the potential of humans to exhibit reasonable behaviour if they only decided to do so.

Reactions: leeloosnow and CTB Dream
leeloosnow

leeloosnow

Warlock
Aug 28, 2022
Apparently the DNA similarity between chimps and bonobo to humans is the same, so I stand corrected in that point. The bonobo seem to be a more peaceful species. It's almost a metaphor for the potential of humans to exhibit reasonable behaviour if they only decided to do so.
Heard they actually settle arguments thru... Well. Interesting species. Also the only other mammal that menstruates iirc

• Informative
Reactions: CTB Dream and Pluto
HermitLonerGuy

HermitLonerGuy

Warlock
Sep 28, 2022
Humans love drama and toxic stuff, thats why all those drama and toxic tv shows are so popular.

they love hearing people argue and fight and encourage fights.

they would even stop what theyre doing to watch a fight.

All loving juicy drama and gossip and bullying.

place any social gathering with people and theres bound to be some drama eventually.

while hypocrtically preaching " i stay away from drama."

no we are all shit flinging, dick swinging , chest beating apes.

I isolate myself in my flat and just game and youtube and browse the net and chat here.