NomadicWolf382

NomadicWolf382

I want to drift into the lucid dream, endlessly...
Jun 11, 2020
Being Nomadic during this COVID-19 pandemic has been taxing. Unfortunately, my source of funds has been temporarily cut, until either Uber fixes an error on their end, or the application/background check for Instacart and/or Caviar completes this coming week. I have basically been at a hotel since the Fourth of July. the money I was making with Uber eats delivery was helping with staying here, as well as having enough money for food, and a little to save on the side (I'm in an area where there is a consistent and steady surge plus bonus). Unfortunately, due to the previous mentioned Uber issue, my checkout date is tomorrow morning. I can't go back to my parents, because that's where I was temporarily for two weeks before this. The toxicity of that place is like a thick fog that is completely choking. I did all I could while I was there to keep the peace. I helped pay the bills, paid for food, and cut the lawn. Hell, I even helped my mother set up her own Uber delivery driver accounts, just so that she could earn some extra money. She's actually doing quite well with it. Yet every time I go there I think, maybe things will be different, but they're always the same. Arguments, scapegoating, And a shit load of verbal and mental abuse. I'm really not sure what to do at this point. I looked into Airbnb's in the area. Unfortunately, bookings that are within my price range are not excepting bookings, and places that are excepting bookings, are not within my price range. I've been frantically looking at renting rooms. That would save a fuck of alot of money. Unfortunately, those are not within the price range either. The one room that I did find that was somewhat within the price range unfortunately wanted three months for security, which is not financially doable for me at this time. I'm used to renting places that are first week last week and one week security, but three months is ridiculous. I feel as if some people are taking advantage of this pandemic. I'm waiting for a callback from a agency that could potentially help me however, from previous experience with this agency, they're either going to take their time in doing anything useful, Or say that they are currently unable to help me due to lack of resources, because of poor management. The only way to get into a shelter in this area unfortunately, is through this resource. More than likely, there will be a waiting list. Unless there is a opening, where they can do something rapidly, I will be on the streets tomorrow night. I have thought about voluntarily committing myself. Unfortunately, that could have some potential consequences, Especially since I'm just going to CTB at some point later this year anyway. That seems like my only choice right now though. If I could just fall asleep later tonight and not wake up in the morning, that would be perfectly all right. I wouldn't have to worry about this bullshit anymore.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Notwinnernotawin and GoodPersonEffed