Joey

Joey

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2020
There was this guy and this guy knew how to party. No matter what he did, he was the oddball out and used that to his advantage on bringing a community of insane wild bois just like him.

He began to become internet famous and that was when his popularity blew up. He was a part of a huge community and a certain one indeed. He would always post his insane reactions and everyone loves him for it. Memes to videos. Everytime something new came up on the community he was in...over 10,000 to 20,000 people would just come watch him. He was that much of an energetic outgoing guy.

Then things went dark for him. He started pushing everyone away and his friends tried to reach out to him but it failed to no avail.

As the months went by, his mental health started to deteriorate and the madness that was social media was driving him insane. His so called "fans" labeled him as Mentally Ill but the fame and his toxic fans got to him and that he was seeking the wrong help. He was in complete under pressure and he only needed the right people in his life to keep him grounded. To get away the negative energies that was in his life. It would've been better if he left social media altogether but deep down, he was afraid to drop his image. The social media and his image completely consumed him.

Eventually tragedy struck and when something terribly happened to him, many were so concerned about his wellbeing. Few days went by when he was gone and then one day, they've found out he had passed. Everyone in social media mourned his passing and sadly his toxic fans didn't help the situation at all but just kept making it worse when he showed signs of losing himself and it was really a call for help.

It's been almost a couple of years now and the entire community, even I, miss him. It goes to show that sometimes putting on a persona can only do you good for so long until the masks cracks and breaks. There would be crazy shit that he didn't want to do but it was his way of making a living.

It's sad that things had happened the way it did but wherever he is, I hope he's at peace. He would be 31 next month.

Like what he told his fans...

There's no such thing as coincidences, only lessons.
Butterfly Hipster GIF

Rest In Peace

• Love
Reactions: Dead Meat, Pen>Sword, ExhaustedExistence and 1 other person
ExhaustedExistence

ExhaustedExistence

Life is just waiting for death
Mar 26, 2021
Great story! Social media can have really bad influence.
Can I ask you if it's a true story or a good imagination?

L

Lorraine

Nov 19, 2020
Omg, I am so glad you put out there how damaging social media's influence can be on us. Thank you for sharing with me. I hope you will continue to write on this topic.

Pen>Sword

Pen>Sword

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam
Jan 13, 2021
Toxic fans really ruin the industry. At first, celebrities make a living out of their fans with all the views watched, tickets sold, products consumed, etc. Then, those fans are just out of control that drives that celebrity nuts, just enough to just CTB. I hate how we have a cult-like following like Justin Beiber or Britney Spears fans back then--and even now. They wanted to be treated the same. No paparrazzi (unless if they're a totally into it). They are not god amongst men. They are simply human beings with extraordinary talents.

That guy you told us, I hope he finds peace.