• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

K

kkatt

Paragon
Nov 12, 2018
Almost everyday I read at leat one comment stating "People are shit".
Although there are numerous examples to support this theory and it's undeniably often difficuolt to deny, whether you believe it or not, that elusive element actually DOES exist.
Yesterday, a good friend was so upset by the persistent abuse and non-stop judgements made by internet warriors who know pretty much nothing at all about you, that he decided that he would simply never become a part of any "group" (I assume he is actually referring to a specific online community) ever again.
BUT, think hard. Harder than you've ever thought. I know it's hard when you have to wade through the black mire of mistrust and disappointment which engulfs a seemingly unimaginable portion of society. I'm not trying to say there are people devoted purely to philanthropy, but I genuinely believe that "not shit people" are out there, in thie same world we live in, existing alongside us.
If you can think of a "not shit" person and wouldn't mind sharing a bit about them, please do so. Sometimes, restoring just that speck of faith in humanity can make a whole world of difference. :heart:

• Love
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, Pistolero114, Thanatos and 8 others
O

oopswronglife

Elementalist
Jun 27, 2019
A coping mechanism people in our shoes use is to say EVERYTHING and EVERYONE and the whole UNIVERSE is shit...because to admit that's not true means to acknowledge how unfair it is. It's infuriating WE have to feel this. Why us? Why do THEY get to live well?

We all think that sometimes...and maybe its even required to reach that point and deny all the good and any hope to be able to ctb, I don't know. But I do know I've met good people. Kind people. Empathetic people. Some have great lives. Some suffer worse than me.

I also know that when your life is shit this doesn't matter. It doesn't matter if others are good or kind if things still get worse for you. If you don't know or cannot find this people to help you. If even when you do the help doesn't work. So whenever I see someone saying everything is whatever and I get frustrated...I try to remember all of this.

• Love
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, Pistolero114, Lennox and 1 other person
Pupuce

Pupuce

Nobody exists on purpose. Come ctb
Apr 19, 2019
I think that people show qualities that are "good" not because they are good but because they are afraid of the little voice in their head harassing them if they don't. Or they go for the choice that gives them most benefit. Ultimately it all works pretty well together, but people only decide based on themselves, or their morale (looking at you pro lifers).
That doesn't make them shit people, just people that are not trustworthy.

Reactions: Wayfaerer
Divine Trinity

Divine Trinity

Pugna Vigil
Mar 20, 2019
It reminds me of the "human nature" debate. Our current system is very much cynical to say the least, and is the best at bringing out the worst in people. But like human nature I don't believe there are any individuals capable of understanding the underlying intricate details and nuance of Social systems to make a sound insightful conclusion on what characteristics describe human nature, or the mechanisms that function. Not Buddha, Jesus, Marx, Muhammad, jim jones, or any other person. I firmly believe there is a limitation on human cognitive function/ability, otherwise academia has a lot of rewriting to do.

"People can do good or bad things depending upon the environment they were raised in"

It sounds simple, but the meaning and implications are profound when you've internalized the message.

Pistolero114

Pistolero114

Veteran
Jun 25, 2019
Shit happens.

So does good.

It's the luck of the draw.

Reactions: Baskol1
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
I've observed this for some time. The toxicity of bringing people together by hating everyone else. The fakery of it too. The chances of two people liking each other who hate everyone is next to nil. In fact it's an oxymoron. I'd assume they meant me too, why not? Whether I agree or not with a general statement I might not like it if I knew the source. In my opinion those that hate everyone in most cases are themselves the problem

Reactions: Baskol1