• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

LastLoveLetter

LastLoveLetter

Persephone
Mar 28, 2021
Note: I originally wrote and posted this in 2022, so some may recognise it. Back then, my writing abilities were better compared to now and I was more able to express myself. Some of the information is not applicable (e.g. I am no longer receiving therapy, I'm mostly housebound but not currently constantly bedbound etc). However, the feelings behind it still stand.

After being deeply hurt by someone who weaponised my trauma history against me, I deleted a lot of posts about my past to protect myself and later regretted it.

After reading through saved notes I've kept, I decided to repost this one, as it's an important piece of my story. A part I want to share before I die.

If you take the time to read this, thank you.

I truly believe that some traumas are insurmountable, haunting victims like a revolting monster no-one wants to admit exists, until they die. The best any therapist, medical professional or peer can offer is either a bandaid or blindfold.

There are experiences that can break a person into so many pieces, that the shattered fragments are simply impossible to put back together. We are expected to either crudely and flimsily reassemble these remains, or construct a new sense of self altogether out of the ashes, even if we never had the opportunity to cultivate our characters from the beginning. There is nothing to salvage, because I have never built a life worth saving.

As a little girl, I was too busy scavenging for stale food, hiding under my bed in a futile effort to evade beatings and being passed around my family like a sex toy to develop an identity or work towards a brighter future. How could I when living in such a dangerous environment? I have never been able to envision the decades ahead and the milestones I ought to have reached, because I never anticipated being alive for this long.

Society tries to tell us that we can overcome any obstacle. I have watched talks delivered by kidnapping victims, amputees, war survivors. A commonality they all share is that they instil hope that life after trauma is possible, that they are living proof, that anyone can do it.
The mainstream public imbibe this like kittens enthusiastically lapping up milk in a saucer. If they meet someone like me who has not "moved on" and "recovered", they remind me that there is hope, that there is light at the end of the tunnel, that I only need to "let go" of the past. Other people have done it, so why can't I? There is this insidious insistence in their words, this indisputable impatience, this apparent antipathy towards me for being a "victim" instead of a "survivor" or better yet, a "warrior."

I am a survivor in the strictest sense of the word: I endured abuse that on multiple occasions almost killed me, but I didn't die. I was born on the brink of death, with my intestines growing outside of my body and with brain damage that would later lead to a diagnosis of an incurable disability. I have survived botched abortion attempts before birth, a car crash with a psychotic parent at the wheel, attempted smothering in my sleep, and the life being choked out of me by a relative (for the unforgivable crime of incorrectly guessing her age by one year). I have been chased by my mother wielding a knife and have had the blade of a sharp pair of scissors pressed against my throat by my adopter.

However, I do not fit society's interpretation of a "survivor": Someone who transcends their tragedies and thrives. I barely clung onto life from one trauma to the next, like clutching the sinking debris of a shipwreck. Years later, I am still clinging onto it now, except there is little left to hold on to and the wreckage appears more like a graveyard every time I peer into it.

I certainly do not have the fortitude to be a "fighter." Is trauma truly a war to be won or an obstacle to be overcome? Such rhetoric seems to place responsibility entirely on victims of severe suffering. We are to blame if we cannot combat our pain, even if we have spent our entire existence struggling to survive. We are to blame if we do not recover, even if the tools (e.g. medication, therapy etc) that supposedly aid this process are archaic and inadequate. We are to blame if we are disadvantaged and disparaged, even if we never had the opportunities presented to our more privileged peers. We are to blame if we are suicidal, even if life has only ever beaten us to a pulp and pushed us into a corner. Those of us who only become poorer and sicker are disposable and undesirable.

Yet, these factors are often a consequence of losing the lottery of life: It's luck whether or not you have any genetic faults or predispositions. It's luck whether or not you are born into a loving family. It's luck whether or not you are raised in a safe, wealthy country. It's luck whether or not you are born into a life of poverty that you then have to perpetually climb out of. It's luck whether or not you are born with any characteristics - such as deformities, disabilities and illnesses - that will make life harder.
When the odds are repeatedly stacked against you, it is hard to keep fighting against them, like pointlessly pounding on a brick wall with your bare and bloodied fists. We live in a society that is brimming with entrenched systemic disadvantages, yet the onus is always on the individual to persevere and prosper, not on the system to change to create a kinder, more equitable world.
This is a reality the toxic positivity brigade hate to recognise, because it contradicts their conviction that we all have control, that life is what we make it, that our successes are self-made. And how dare we disprove that?

I have grown tired of it. Tired of continuing this charade, tired of holding onto hope that my chronic conditions can improve, when they only ever deteriorate. Tired of the platitudes and trite tripe, which rapidly transform into blame and invalidation if you challenge them. Tired of treatments I can access being at the mercy of bureaucratic processes upheld by officials who cannot imagine what a day in my shoes is like.

I am tired of sitting across from a stranger in therapy, someone devoid of any emotion or empathy. My agony is incomprehensible to him - a man with an excellent education, a secure career, a loving family and a beautiful wife. The horrors of my history go in one ear and out of the other. There is a brief flicker of shock registered in his eyes, an acknowledgement that it must have been awful for me and then the moment is forgotten. For him, my past is a ripple in the ocean that has stilled. For me, it is one wave after another and another that I have spent my entire life drowning in. It is a sea of sorrow and suffering that I never left.
Those without lived experience could never understand. And don't get me wrong, I am glad for that. I wouldn't wish such abhorrent abuse on anyone.

However, it is frustrating being surrounded by those that simply adhere to the lifescript and expect everyone else to do the same. When I explain that I cannot work because I am bedbound, I cannot just make friends because I am incapacitated, lack social connections and feel alienated due to my deformities combined with years of abuse and I cannot simply get up and out due to the severity of my physical and mental illnesses, my therapist immediately identifies my explanations as excuses. I have been told to "push through the pain", "get out of my comfort zone" and "force myself to work." This is not only utterly tone-deaf, but genuinely dangerous "advice" to prescribe to those with chronic illnesses. It's even more precarious for a psychologist to spout this shit, and only serves to prove that people like me with "treatment-resistant" ailments are pariahs that the health industry prefers to purge.

I truly believe that some traumas are insurmountable, haunting victims like a revolting monster no-one wants to admit exists, until they die. I have also grown to believe that the only way I can rid myself of these demons is to accelerate my death, leaving this world and its corruption and cruelty behind. Right now, that is the only kind, merciful option I have left.

Last edited:
deedeme

deedeme

Whatever
Feb 5, 2024
Thank you for sharing. I had to read that twice, there are no words to connotate what I felt reading part of your story, and there are no words to express how sorry I am for what you went through. My thoughts and heart are with you, you deserve peace.

Shar

Shar

Experienced
Nov 23, 2023
Your description is one of the reasons why I try to avoid anecdotal evidence as means of judgement. Just because some can do it, doesn't mean others will. Unfortunately, it is impossible to avoid shallow judgments like these, even here its very common.

Plus, I hate therapy, I think it is one of the most useless functions out there. Paying to talk to someone is like paying to have sex, the entire experience is mechanical and cold. There is no curriculum that makes someone competent in such a job. You can learn at your university how mental illness works and ways to deals with it, but pain cannot be taught in books. Places like SS offer much better therapy than any conversation with therapist out there.

T

tiredandconfused

Sep 14, 2021
Your words resonate with me and I feel both sad and grateful. I sit in trauma therapy every week feeling more and more detached. I hear her words and feel obliged to give automatic responses to agree. However, deep down it breaks me. Each session makes me see the disparity in our worlds. The positivity polarises our lives experiences. I feel I can't be honest because it would make her feel uncomfortable and would deter from her ideal of progress.

Thank you for sharing. There are not many people in the world that would understand. There is a small relief to know I'm not the only one. I berated myself for months that I wasn't getting over it quick enough. Felt it was my fault for not meeting the expectations of a survivor. I'm not, I just didn't die. The world of safety is now is alien to me.

I feel for your pain and hope you know you're not alone.

P

piryohae3

Jan 2, 2024
I hate how people can be so dismissive of everything you went through. There's a disgusting lack of empathy in the modern age and it's a reason why the world is so fucked up. I can't tolerate people and their shitty selfish, unempathetic attitudes either. There are good people in the world, just not enough of them.

B

brokeandbroken

Warlock
Apr 18, 2023
Note: I originally wrote and posted this in 2022, so some may recognise it. Back then, my writing abilities were better compared to now and I was more able to express myself. Some of the information is not applicable (e.g. I am no longer receiving therapy, I'm mostly housebound but not currently constantly bedbound etc). However, the feelings behind it still stand.

After being deeply hurt by someone who weaponised my trauma history against me, I deleted a lot of posts about my past to protect myself and later regretted it.

After reading through saved notes I've kept, I decided to repost this one, as it's an important piece of my story. A part I want to share before I die.

I truly believe that some traumas are insurmountable, haunting victims like a revolting monster no-one wants to admit exists, until they die. The best any therapist, medical professional or peer can offer is either a bandaid or blindfold.

There are experiences that can break a person into so many pieces, that the shattered fragments are simply impossible to put back together. We are expected to either crudely and flimsily reassemble these remains, or construct a new sense of self altogether out of the ashes, even if we never had the opportunity to cultivate our characters from the beginning. There is nothing to salvage, because I have never built a life worth saving.

As a little girl, I was too busy scavenging for stale food, hiding under my bed in a futile effort to evade beatings and being passed around my family like a sex toy to develop an identity or work towards a brighter future. How could I when living in such a dangerous environment? I have never been able to envision the decades ahead and the milestones I ought to have reached, because I never anticipated being alive for this long.

Society tries to tell us that we can overcome any obstacle. I have watched talks delivered by kidnapping victims, amputees, war survivors. A commonality they all share is that they instil hope that life after trauma is possible, that they are living proof, that anyone can do it.
The mainstream public imbibe this like kittens enthusiastically lapping up milk in a saucer. If they meet someone like me who has not "moved on" and "recovered", they remind me that there is hope, that there is light at the end of the tunnel, that I only need to "let go" of the past. Other people have done it, so why can't I? There is this insidious insistence in their words, this indisputable impatience, this apparent antipathy towards me for being a "victim" instead of a "survivor" or better yet, a "warrior."

I am a survivor in the strictest sense of the word: I endured abuse that on multiple occasions almost killed me, but I didn't die. I was born on the brink of death, with my intestines growing outside of my body and with brain damage that would later lead to a diagnosis of an incurable disability. I have survived botched abortion attempts before birth, a car crash with a psychotic parent at the wheel, attempted smothering in my sleep, and the life being choked out of me by a relative (for the unforgivable crime of incorrectly guessing her age by one year). I have been chased by my mother wielding a knife and have had the blade of a sharp pair of scissors pressed against my throat by my adopter.

However, I do not fit society's interpretation of a "survivor": Someone who transcends their tragedies and thrives. I barely clung onto life from one trauma to the next, like clutching the sinking debris of a shipwreck. Years later, I am still clinging onto it now, except there is little left to hold on to and the wreckage appears more like a graveyard every time I peer into it.

I certainly do not have the fortitude to be a "fighter." Is trauma truly a war to be won or an obstacle to be overcome? Such rhetoric seems to place responsibility entirely on victims of severe suffering. We are to blame if we cannot combat our pain, even if we have spent our entire existence struggling to survive. We are to blame if we do not recover, even if the tools (e.g. medication, therapy etc) that supposedly aid this process are archaic and inadequate. We are to blame if we are disadvantaged and disparaged, even if we never had the opportunities presented to our more privileged peers. We are to blame if we are suicidal, even if life has only ever beaten us to a pulp and pushed us into a corner. Those of us who only become poorer and sicker are disposable and undesirable.

Yet, these factors are often a consequence of losing the lottery of life: It's luck whether or not you have any genetic faults or predispositions. It's luck whether or not you are born into a loving family. It's luck whether or not you are raised in a safe, wealthy country. It's luck whether or not you are born into a life of poverty that you then have to perpetually climb out of. It's luck whether or not you are born with any characteristics - such as deformities, disabilities and illnesses - that will make life harder.
When the odds are repeatedly stacked against you, it is hard to keep fighting against them, like pointlessly pounding on a brick wall with your bare and bloodied fists. We live in a society that is brimming with entrenched systemic disadvantages, yet the onus is always on the individual to persevere and prosper, not on the system to change to create a kinder, more equitable world.
This is a reality the toxic positivity brigade hate to recognise, because it contradicts their conviction that we all have control, that life is what we make it, that our successes are self-made. And how dare we disprove that?

I have grown tired of it. Tired of continuing this charade, tired of holding onto hope that my chronic conditions can improve, when they only ever deteriorate. Tired of the platitudes and trite tripe, which rapidly transform into blame and invalidation if you challenge them. Tired of treatments I can access being at the mercy of bureaucratic processes upheld by officials who cannot imagine what a day in my shoes is like.

I am tired of sitting across from a stranger in therapy, someone devoid of any emotion or empathy. My agony is incomprehensible to him - a man with an excellent education, a secure career, a loving family and a beautiful wife. The horrors of my history go in one ear and out of the other. There is a brief flicker of shock registered in his eyes, an acknowledgement that it must have been awful for me and then the moment is forgotten. For him, my past is a ripple in the ocean that has stilled. For me, it is one wave after another and another that I have spent my entire life drowning in. It is a sea of sorrow and suffering that I never left.
Those without lived experience could never understand. And don't get me wrong, I am glad for that. I wouldn't wish such abhorrent abuse on anyone.

However, it is frustrating being surrounded by those that simply adhere to the lifescript and expect everyone else to do the same. When I explain that I cannot work because I am bedbound, I cannot just make friends because I am incapacitated, lack social connections and feel alienated due to my deformities combined with years of abuse and I cannot simply get up and out due to the severity of my physical and mental illnesses, my therapist immediately identifies my explanations as excuses. I have been told to "push through the pain", "get out of my comfort zone" and "force myself to work." This is not only utterly tone-deaf, but genuinely dangerous "advice" to prescribe to those with chronic illnesses. It's even more precarious for a psychologist to spout this shit, and only serves to prove that people like me with "treatment-resistant" ailments are pariahs that the health industry prefers to purge.

I truly believe that some traumas are insurmountable, haunting victims like a revolting monster no-one wants to admit exists, until they die. I have also grown to believe that the only way I can rid myself of these demons is to accelerate my death, leaving this world and its corruption and cruelty behind. Right now, that is the only kind, merciful option I have left.
First of all this was really well written. Second, no matter what I write, the words that are used, or the ordering of them they won't take your pain from you. They can become less and you can improve some. But it will always be with you. As for me I can listen and I can read what you say. But I can't fix the harm that has been placed on you. I can say with utmost certainty that you are a survivor, fighter, warrior and to be honest you will be until you enter the long good night. You've stared into the abyss and every morning you've said fuck you and raged against the night and woke up to fight again You've beaten the night one more day. You've won the night. Now do it again I'm proud of you.

Maybe one day in the future the hurt won't hurt so bad. Maybe the pain will dissipate. Maybe you can get a little traction. Maybe you can get a breath of fresh air. Until then keep winning the night.

Last edited:
J

J&L383

Experienced
Jul 18, 2023
LastLoveLetter, I have no words. 😟. But I will try. I can perhaps barely relate to some of your pain, some of my life challenges give me a hint, just a small bit of what you've gone through. But if I had had to have the whole experience of yours, I would have succumbed by now. You're a hero from where I sit. Heaven, if it exists, will be very kind to you, no matter how you get there. ❤️

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
I am so sorry for the hell you had to indure through. No one deserves that and not most would have the strength to pull through it long enough before it destroys them completely. I say I had a terrible past that destroyed me but it's nothing compared to your's, so far from it! I hate that there isn't anything I can say to make you feel better, I just hope you can be free of your pain and suffering and find your peace soon ❤️

S

ShadowSelf

Apr 13, 2023
I'm so sorry for all you've been through, LastLoveLetter. Words fail me, but they don't fail you. Can you exorcise your monsters by writing? You seem like a writer.

• Love
Reactions: LastLoveLetter
J

jujuklam

Jan 31, 2024

It is dreadful that anyone ever would have these experiences, and I am so sorry you had to endure them. I want you to know this is a beautiful, eloquent, resonating and strong piece of writing and explanation of your thoughts and feelings and experience. I've not read something this powerful in quite some time. Thank you.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I'm so sorry for all you have endured. I don't think anyone could have come out of that kind of life unscathed.

Just as a concept though, I suppose I find it interesting. Why is it insisted that we have to overcome every adversity, every trauma? Obviously, it would be great if we could. Obviously, if we knew it was achievable, we'd be more likely to try. But it's more like it's insisted upon I feel. You can't be 'weak' in this world and succumb to something truly awful because- that might lead to suicide and- you can't do that. Why? For us, or, for them?

I guess this is going to sound spoilt and entitled but, I really don't care if my problems are (considered) surmountable or not! I don't care if someone else would have made a better go of it with my life and my opportunities. If I could have given that person my life (and been free of it myself,) I would have.

Where is choice in any of that? That feels like the most important gift we have. Without choice, there isn't any freedom at all. Why is it insisted that we have to conquer everything? I guess, because it's a pro-life world.

Also- it's nowhere near as simple as- all humans can/should cope with/overcome this level of pain/trauma. We're all different. We all have different upbringings. Different levels of emotional/mental stability. Different levels of physical pain sensitivity too. Something apparently minor can break one person and barely touch another.

Me though, I don't feel like I need to prove myself. I don't need other people to think I've done all I possibly can to solve my problems. I have done quite a bit incidentally. Ultimately, it's my life. What business is it of theirs?

Where it does affect me is the balance we all tread. I feel like my suicide would impact one remaining person in my life deeply. So, for now, I want to hold on for them to go first. But, that is because my life isn't utterly terrible at the moment. It would be different if it was I suspect.

But, I don't think anyone should feel bad for struggling. I guess it is the whole pro-life mantra though- of never admitting defeat or whatever. Fine- if they think the end goal is worth it- good luck to them. I feel we have the right to choose personally. I'm sorry for all you have gone through.

kedxCrestMOon5

kedxCrestMOon5

Nov 25, 2023
I am literally speechless, you've endured horrors beyond my comprehension LastLoveLetter. A majority of us are going to forget this sooner or later, instances washed away by the river of time, yet for the moments that I can communicate with you I would just want to say that I'm sorry for what the world has done to you.
I can't completely understand you, neither truly relate. I can only know you on a superficial level and try to project my feelings as words and hope that it helps you out or maybe soothe your expression a little.
I wish you peace my friend, I will try to remember you for as long as I can, I've bookmarked your message and saved the link of this forum into my notepad. LastLoveLetter, I hope you find your peace and rest.

LastLoveLetter

LastLoveLetter

Persephone
Mar 28, 2021
I guess this is going to sound spoilt and entitled but, I really don't care if my problems are (considered) surmountable or not! I don't care if someone else would have made a better go of it with my life and my opportunities. If I could have given that person my life (and been free of it myself,) I would have.

Completely agree with you on this and think it should be our own judgement call anyway on whether our own struggles are surmountable or bearable. Not other people's.

Some go through similar traumas to me or "worse" (put this in quotation marks only because I don't see suffering as a contest on who has it "better/worse" and comparisons are quite often what people use to invalidate the struggles of those who are unable to stay afloat) and still conclude that they have a life worth living.

My conclusion is that it isn't a life worth continuing, and that's really the only conclusion that truly matters in my own life. You don't sound spoilt or entitled at all by simply wanting to make that choice for yourself, and it shouldn't really matter if other people think our problems are surmountable. We should all have that choice.

Why is it insisted that we have to conquer everything?

Aside from the mentality that life is precious and must be preserved under all circumstances, my experience that people find the prospect of people falling apart or dying quite confronting. Those are the stories no-one wants to see, so they don't. I would elaborate in more detail if my mind felt less foggy, but that's the gist of it. People are drawn to inspiring stories, the poster children of those who've been traumatised, abused etc. but managed to thrive. Stories that instil hope. I doubt they even care about the individual themselves, just the outcome of the story and the inspiration gained from it, the assurance that there is always hope and life is always worth it.
They don't want to hear about those who survive but live with, say, addiction. Or severe mental and physical illness. Or any other complex difficulties that they are struggling to barely survive with. And certainly not those who die by suicide.
People like me, we are the forgotten, the ones quietly and carefully brushed under the carpet.

Perhaps that makes me sound jaded and cynical. And perhaps in some ways, I am. But it's something I have sadly found to be consistently true. No-one wants to hear about those who can't overcome every obstacle and conquer each challenge no matter what. So they don't listen.

On a nicer note, thank you all so much for your kindness. And even for simply just reading this, let alone taking the time to show your support. I appreciate all of you. :heart:

Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
As soon as started to read this, I recognised that I had read it before - it still strikes the same cord with me now as I remember it did then.

Whilst time has passed and circumstances have changed, you're still as eloquent now as you were before. Please continue to write openly for us, and maybe for yourself.

kedxCrestMOon5

kedxCrestMOon5

Nov 25, 2023
I am literally speechless, you've endured horrors beyond my comprehension LastLoveLetter. A majority of us are going to forget this sooner or later, instances washed away by the river of time, yet for the moments that I can communicate with you I would just want to say that I'm sorry for what the world has done to you.
I can't completely understand you, neither truly relate. I can only know you on a superficial level and try to project my feelings as words and hope that it helps you out or maybe soothe your expression a little.
I wish you peace my friend, I will try to remember you for as long as I can, I've bookmarked your message and saved the link of this forum into my notepad. LastLoveLetter, I hope you find your peace and rest.
@LastLoveLetter hope you're doing well

MewtwoIsAlive

MewtwoIsAlive

Suffering
Jul 11, 2020

Hey Ive read your story,

I absolutely agree with your first two paragraphs.

I think I already read ur story before and even posted but im not sure.

I personally think that people like you are all of that, ur a survivior and a victim. Although I havent went through whay u went but I can understand you. What I can say is (for good or for bad) is that it isnt your fault and youre definetly fallen a victim, you couldnt do anything and you had to face it. I also kinda agree what other people say and why they try to motivate people like you, there is nothing you could do about that and u just have move on. Now yes, death is definetly your choice and you dont have to bear the pain, but trust me, Its better to know it isnt your fault and that you couldnt do anything to change it unlike other situation where u brought it on urself.

I think trauma is just an obstacle you have to "overcome" and to live with. Try to improve your life and get the best of it despite what youve been through. The fact that youre still depressed and it still haunts u, means that you didnt overcome it yet and havent found something to help u overcome it (like something to bring you happiness or satisfaction). I dont know your will to fight it or continue your life with it but reading you post and thoughts it seems you dont have much. Do you think something can make more happy or at least give u a reason to continue ur life?
Also feel free to talk to me if you need some supp or just to vent about something. (sorry if I sound like a therapist or too mean maybe lol)