Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
I am blessed. I have fantastic doctors who I can call 24/7 and be honest with. And yes. I work with him and take meds.

There are good doctors out there. All medication isn't bad. You just need to be patient and find the right one.

Now, I will get a million responses probably saying meds and docs are horrible. A particular individual may have had bad experiences, but all in the profession and all meds are not bad for everyone.

***My Conversation Right Now With My Doctor***

I just called my doctor's answering service from the shower. He called back immediately.

Doctor: Hello Jean. What's wrong?

Jean: I'm calling to let you know, I am on 3L of oxygen, oxygen level is 80, I'm i. The shower now lightheaded and dizzy and I know there is nothing you can do, but it hurts like hell when I breathe.

Doctor: Sit down when you shower

Jean: I am sitting in the shower as I talk to you.

Doctor: Are you suicidal?

Jean: Yes

Doctor: More than usual?

Doctor: Are you in crisis?

Jean: No. Nothing you can do for the pain right?

Doctor: Nope.

Jean: Nothing the hospital can do that I can't do right?

Doctor: Nope.You are better with your cat.

Jean: Ok. Anything I should do?

Doctor: Stay in bed when you feel dizzy. Call me if you actually will kill yourself and I will tell you what to take based on your oxygen level. You have enough meds?

Jean: Yes. I will have enough marijuana barely until my check comes in.

Doctor: Rest up, stay in bed and call if things get worse.

• Love
Reactions: tryingtoescape, TimeToBiteTheDust, EgressiveLolixir and 9 others
UpandDownPrincess

UpandDownPrincess

Elementalist
Dec 31, 2019
I, too, have been fortunate to have a wonderful doctor. I was a disaster when I walked in his door. He made my life better. It took some experimenting with meds, but he got me there. If I hadn't moved 1100 miles away, I'd never have let him go.

I chose not to hate him when he sectioned me in 2013. He was right; my illness was making the decisions for me. A quick med adjustment and a bit of time for my episode to fade and I was home within a week. He fought with my employers and recommended an attorney who helped tremendously.

He was one of many, but worth all the trouble of the bad ones. Malpractice level bad. But I kept looking, and I found him.

• Hugs
Reactions: BlueWidow, Sensei and Jean4
Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
I, too, have been fortunate to have a wonderful doctor. I was a disaster when I walked in his door. He made my life better. It took some experimenting with meds, but he got me there. If I hadn't moved 1100 miles away, I'd never have let him go.

I chose not to hate him when he sectioned me in 2013. He was right; my illness was making the decisions for me. A quick med adjustment and a bit of time for my episode to fade and I was home within a week. He fought with my employers and recommended an attorney who helped tremendously.

He was one of many, but worth all the trouble of the bad ones. Malpractice level bad. But I kept looking, and I found him.
Thanks for that. This forum is pro choice. However, there are some people who want to try one more time. You hear about bad experiences, but rarely the good. I don't want people to be turned off to trying because all they here is bad.

My issues will never be fixable. I will get worse and not better. However, meds and my doctors keep me as comfortable as possible.

Reactions: BlueWidow and Sensei
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
I think this is a very important message. Just because some of the things are bad, doesn't mean all of the things are bad.

People are all different, and doctors are just people. Therapists are just people. Psychiatrists are just people. Just like you don't like every person you meet, you're not going to like everyone in those professions. It's more than worth it to search around for a good fit.

The same goes for meds. Not every medication is going to work the same for every patient. Some people have bad reactions. That doesn't mean all meds are evil.

All or nothing thinking is very harmful.

Reactions: Sensei, Jean4 and Polly
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Aw, I'm so sorry you're struggle. I have wildly bad asthma (and albuterol allergy) and my mom died of lung cancer, so I know all too well what low oxygenation and painful breathing can be like. It's nice you have people available for medical help.

Mary Jane is a wonderful friend when in pain. Glad to hear youll have enough. I may need to start it as well to not impulse ctb.

Youre such a sweetie, im glad we have you <3

• Love
Reactions: Polly, Sensei and Jean4
Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
Aw, I'm so sorry you're struggle. I have wildly bad asthma (and albuterol allergy) and my mom died of lung cancer, so I know all too well what low oxygenation and painful breathing can be like. It's nice you have people available for medical help.

Mary Jane is a wonderful friend when in pain. Glad to hear youll have enough. I may need to start it as well to not impulse ctb.

Youre such a sweetie, im glad we have you <3
I didn't want to take it. My docs ganged up on me and made me. I can't function without it.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
@Jean4 That's a good story and I'm happy that you have this level of trust with your doctor and also able to talk about suicidal thoughts without risk of intervention. I do agree with you that NOT all doctors or medications are bad. They certainly have helped people and I am glad that you or other people here and elsewhere have found them useful. While a lot of us here including myself (and some IRL - those that I don't know about) have had bad or not as helpful experiences with professional help and medicine, I do appreciate you giving a more positive perspective on the medical profession/industry.

I myself, while I have already made my decision (which is to CTB later this year), I still respect others' choices and if they choose the road to recovery and decide to give 'life' another chance. I would say though, if in an idealistic world (far from reality and far from this world), if there was a way where I can be 100% certain, like omniscient knowing what I am getting into before:
1) devoting time, money, energy and effort;
2) no risk of involuntary hospitalization, forced treatment, drugging, medication, etc. (and any attempt to violate and disrespect my freedom and rights especially when no one else is in danger, is met with legal action and consequences);
3) With near absolute certainty that the treatment, therapy, medication WILL help solve all my problems permanently.

Then, I MAY consider getting help. Sadly, that just isn't the reality of the world we live in. I know that criteria is far from reality, but my point is that because doctors, medicine, and therapy, aren't anywhere close to the criteria I've listed, it isn't for me.

• Love
Reactions: Superdeterminist, Élégie, Quarky00 and 2 others
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
I had a really great therapist (who I'll probably go back to in the future) who knows I won't do anything so I can talk about my suicidal thoughts all I want without fear of hospitalization.

• Love
Reactions: Carina, BlueWidow, Sensei and 1 other person
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
You deserve a doctor like that, @Jean4 . You are kind to everyone in this forum, it's nice to see someone being kind to you, when you need it.

I have met many doctors in my days. None treated me badly, a few did not really listen to what I was saying, but all I all, I trust the medical system in Sweden.

That being said, I have yet to form such a close relationship with a doctor that I could call them anytime, or have the kind of conversion you just had.

Reactions: hershberger and Sensei
NonsenseTrash

NonsenseTrash

Student
Jan 19, 2020
I, too, have a wonderful doctor. Well, not quite a doctor, but therapist. He gets that I'm struggling. He has been a part of my treatment a while. He has told me that I can call/text him anytime I'm struggling. And I sometimes do. Everytime he answers and helps me navigate when things get bad. There are times I have told him I am intensely suicidal, and he has yet to threaten hospitalization. I can totally agree with you that there are great doctors out there!

Reactions: Sensei and Epsilon0
Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
@Jean4 That's a good story and I'm happy that you have this level of trust with your doctor and also able to talk about suicidal thoughts without risk of intervention. I do agree with you that NOT all doctors or medications are bad. They certainly have helped people and I am glad that you or other people here and elsewhere have found them useful. While a lot of us here including myself (and some IRL - those that I don't know about) have had bad or not as helpful experiences with professional help and medicine, I do appreciate you giving a more positive perspective on the medical profession/industry.

I myself, while I have already made my decision (which is to CTB later this year), I still respect others' choices and if they choose the road to recovery and decide to give 'life' another chance. I would say though, if in an idealistic world (far from reality and far from this world), if there was a way where I can be 100% certain, like omniscient knowing what I am getting into before:
1) devoting time, money, energy and effort;
2) no risk of involuntary hospitalization, forced treatment, drugging, medication, etc. (and any attempt to violate and disrespect my freedom and rights especially when no one else is in danger, is met with legal action and consequences);
3) With near absolute certainty that the treatment, therapy, medication WILL help solve all my problems permanently.

Then, I MAY consider getting help. Sadly, that just isn't the reality of the world we live in. I know that criteria is far from reality, but my point is that because doctors, medicine, and therapy, aren't anywhere close to the criteria I've listed, it isn't for me.
Well, you haven't found the correct doctor.

Medication will not cure me. However, it makes me more comfortable. Like hospice care, I am looking for comfort.

My doctor knows I am suicidal. They also know one day I may CTB. They know all of my attempts, which is why we were able to discuss it. I have no fear of hospitalization. I have called them screaming that I was going to kill myself. My docs wouldn't send me to the hospital, but would talk me down and tell me which meds to take.

I'm sorry. But no medication on the planet can solve one's problems. It's symptom management. Like insulin. It could keep the symptoms under control for a period, and then it can stop working, so tweaks need to be made.

There is no magic pill to fix everything. I really wish there was. But like I said. Medication and the proper doctor can make you feel as comfortable as possible.

And like my doctor said as he always does when I tell him I am in pain make it stop.... and he always says there is nothing that can be done. I am also realistic what meds and doctors can do. Sometimes things can't be fixed, not even temporarily.

Reactions: Heady_Cerebrum, GinaIsReady, BlueWidow and 2 others
BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
I'm glad you have such a good and trustworthy doctor, @Jean4. I agree with others who say you'd better hang on to him with both hands.

When I discuss doctors on here, I'm only referring to my own experiences. I would never tell someone who wants to seek help not to. If you're lucky to find a good doctor, then that's very good for you and I'm happy for you. That just hasn't been my experience.

But I do take it very personally when people imply on here that I just haven't "vetted enough" doctors and that's why I've had bad experiences. I tried for years and years and years to find a decent doctor to help me with my mental issues and never found one. And I've tried for the last 25 years to find a doctor to help with my thyroid issues and never found one, which is why I'm in the shape I'm in today.

I've been told over and over that patients have to advocate for themselves. Well, any time I've ever tried to advocate for myself, the doctor gets mad that I'm trying to tell them what to do or tell them about my disease. They'd much preferred to tell me how I feel. Pretty much every doctor I've ever seen seems to have the attitude of " I am the doctor and I'm up here, you're the patient and you're down there. I know everything about what's going on and you know nothing about what's going on, even though you're the one that's actually suffering the symptoms of this disease. But I studied it in a book, so I know way more about it than you do".

I do realize a lot of people on this site are very negative about doctors, especially me. But I think that's because we are all just reflecting our experiences. I've never discouraged anyone on this site from seeking help. If you want to go to a doctor and seek help, I encourage you. Please go to 20 doctors, go to 2,000 doctors, if it makes you happy, until you find one that will give you the help you need. But that just wasn't my experience and I'm not going to sit around pretending like it is. I guess what irritates me is the most is I can hear the same things in my real life.
It's always implied that if I just tried harder I could find the right doctor and that's just not true. While I'm sure my case is just as unique as @Jean4's in the opposite direction, for most of my life I've had nothing but bad experiences with doctors.

Granted, not all of my experiences have been bad, but I can't really tell you the last time I had a good experience in a doctor's office because I can't remember it.

My husband had some very excellent cancer doctors. I've known other people that have had excellent experiences with doctors. But I just can't remember the last time I had one.

But that doesn't mean that good doctors don't exist and that you shouldn't keep trying to find help if that's what you want.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Élégie, Quarky00, TAW122 and 2 others
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I am blessed. I have fantastic doctors who I can call 24/7 and be honest with. And yes. I work with him and take meds.

There are good doctors out there. All medication isn't bad. You just need to be patient and find the right one.

Now, I will get a million responses probably saying meds and docs are horrible. A particular individual may have had bad experiences, but all in the profession and all meds are not bad for everyone.

I just called my doctor's answering service from the shower. He called back immediately.

Jean: I'm calling to let you know, I am on 3L of oxygen, oxygen level is 80, I'm i. The shower now lightheaded and dizzy and I know there is nothing you can do, but it hurts like hell when I breathe.

Doctor: Stay in bed when you feel dizzy. Call me if you actually will kill yourself and I will tell you what to take based on your oxygen level. You have enough meds?

Bloody hell that sounds like a great doctor and more than that a good person. You are very lucky in that respect. It's exactly the opposite of my experience. Just actually being able to call a doctor here is impossible. If I had a doc like that I would feel supported and not constantly facing panic.

Reactions: Meditation guide and GinaIsReady
Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
Bloody hell that sounds like a great doctor and more than that a good person. You are very lucky in that respect. It's exactly the opposite of my experience. Just actually being able to call a doctor here is impossible. If I had a doc like that I would feel supported and not constantly facing panic.
What country are you in?

Nem

Nem

Drs suck mega ass!
Sep 3, 2018
Congrats, I would say a healthy amount of drs are incompetent. They buy into the big pharma concept and when something goes wrong there is always a coverup. I have personally witnessed two drs try to cover up their mistakes, a woman I work with says that her friends husband is a cardiologist and has told her that drs protect drs regardless of the mistake. I've had good drs but not lately, currently my dr is terrible and I get a 30 second appointment
Peace/hugs

Reactions: Meditation guide and Jean4
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
It's nice you can talk to your doctor about suicide. I get threatened with crisis team calls and cps calls if I do, it makes it impossible to really get care since being completely honest with doctors and therapists is impossible.

A good doctor can make all the difference in the world. Its Truly a blessing you have that.

Reactions: Jean4
J

Jean Améry

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2019
The fact that there are psychiatrists who are indeed caring and great human-beings doesn't mean the system as a whole works and all of a sudden real cures for so called 'mental illnesses' were developed.

Sorry but this 'you'll just have the find medication for you' doesn't float with me. If they actually knew what they were doing they'd have medications for certain symptoms which would work fairly consistently aswell as pharmaceuticals that would actually adress the cause(s) of said illnesses. They don't so it's always a crapshoot hoping one will stick. It often doesn't, psychotropic medications may very well have severe and possibly lasting side-effects and they can't cure anything. It's doubtful psychiatric medications actually have a net benefit.

That they had to turn to psychedelics in order to find something that may actually work says it all: they haven't got a clue or rather maybe they finally realize mental illnesses manifest in the individual and are linked to bad experiences and a generally crappy life. It's usually not a simple biochemical problem in the brain.

"A particular individual may have had bad experiences, but all in the profession and all meds are not bad for everyone."

True but irrelevant. In order for psychiatry to work the overwhelming majority of the practioners should be professional, helpful, competent and respectful and medications should generally work for specific diagnosis'. To my knowledge a) is doubtful and b) is simply not the case.

• Love
Reactions: Élégie, Quarky00 and Backwood_tilt
Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
The fact that there are psychiatrists who are indeed caring and great human-beings doesn't mean the system as a whole works and all of a sudden real cures for so called 'mental illnesses' were developed.

Sorry but this 'you'll just have the find medication for you' doesn't float with me. If they actually knew what they were doing they'd have medications for certain symptoms which would work fairly consistently aswell as pharmaceuticals that would actually adress the cause(s) of said illnesses. They don't so it's always a crapshoot hoping one will stick. It often doesn't, psychotropic medications may very well have severe and possibly lasting side-effects and they can't cure anything. It's doubtful psychiatric medications actually have a net benefit.

That they had to turn to psychedelics in order to find something that may actually work says it all: they haven't got a clue or rather maybe they finally realize mental illnesses manifest in the individual and are linked to bad experiences and a generally crappy life. It's usually not a simple biochemical problem in the brain.

"A particular individual may have had bad experiences, but all in the profession and all meds are not bad for everyone."

True but irrelevant. In order for psychiatry to work the overwhelming majority of the practioners should be professional, helpful, competent and respectful and medications should generally work for specific diagnosis'. To my knowledge a) is doubtful and b) is simply not the case.
If you don't like the system, what are you doing to change it? Personally, I have always tried to change things. I have worked personally with multiple right to die societies, where I have found like minded people who are trying to make changes.

I have always been like that.

LGBT's in New York wouldn't have rights if it wasn't for Stonewall. Women wouldn't have the right to vote if it wasn't for the suffragette movement.

I was one of the founding members of ACT UP. Why? This heterosexual saw the LGBT community being discriminated against in the age of AIDS.

Again, it's my opinion, if you don't like something, make a change. Just like I am part of the resistance against Trump.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Heady_Cerebrum, Sensei and Polly
terry_a_davis

terry_a_davis

Warlock
Dec 28, 2019
Most if not all of the docs i've seen have been ok. Anti-psychotic medications (paliperidone and risperidone) made my schizophrenia go into remission so i'm proof medications can work.

• Love
Reactions: Meditation guide, Sensei and Jean4
Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
Most if not all of the docs i've seen have been ok. Anti-psychotic medications (paliperidone and risperidone) made my schizophrenia go into remission so i'm proof medications can work.
I have seen Clozaril perform miracles. Glad your combo is working. :)

Reactions: Meditation guide and terry_a_davis
terry_a_davis

terry_a_davis

Warlock
Dec 28, 2019
I have seen Clozaril perform miracles. Glad your combo is working. :)
I'm only on 1 of them, i was on monthly paliperidone injections for about a year but didn't like the process of being injected (i'm a wuss) so i told my pysch and he switched me to risperidone tablets.

Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
I'm only on 1 of them, i was on monthly paliperidone injections for about a year but didn't like the process of being injected (i'm a wuss) so i told my pysch and he switched me to risperidone tablets.
I'm the opposite. I would rather have an injection. Then I don't have to worry about remembering lol

Reactions: terry_a_davis
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
What country are you in?
England. It's all free but you can't really pick your doctor. You kind of can via your gp, sometimes maybe, but they don't like it. Wait times are long, meetings are short and in my experience the specialists are not copasetic. Also it's the old postcode lottery and you can't simply contact a specialist for advice you have to wait another several months for another ten minute appointment.
The NHS tries hard but is on its knees.

Reactions: Sensei
hershberger

hershberger

Student
Dec 28, 2019
I'm sort of in the middle on this. I have gone to two psychiatrists: the first one was terrible, and the second one is fantastic. I tried three different therapists with limited success, but I love the therapist I see now. Just last night, we had a text conversation, and if you didn't know me and read the texts, you would think she was my best friend, not my therapist. Hell, I even helped her with her taxes. :))

It is unfortunate that so many people on this forum haven't been able to find the help they need, and I admittedly feel a little guilty for having such a good psychiatrist/therapist combo in place now when so many of you don't despite repeated efforts. The only thing I can tell those of you who don't like your mental health provider: if you're willing to try, maybe the next one will be the perfect fit. For those of you who have given up on doctors/therapists, I understand. I gave up on therapy, and the only reason I met my current therapist is because I had to go on short-term disability due to my panic attacks, and my psychiatrist thought it would look good if I started therapy again. I thought to myself: yeah, like that'll help. And what do you know? It did.

Reactions: Sensei and Jean4
H

HadEnough1974

I try to be funny...
Jan 14, 2020

You are better with your cat!! Love it, meow!!

TAW122

TAW122

Aug 30, 2018
Well, you haven't found the correct doctor.

Medication will not cure me. However, it makes me more comfortable. Like hospice care, I am looking for comfort.

My doctor knows I am suicidal. They also know one day I may CTB. They know all of my attempts, which is why we were able to discuss it. I have no fear of hospitalization. I have called them screaming that I was going to kill myself. My docs wouldn't send me to the hospital, but would talk me down and tell me which meds to take.

I'm sorry. But no medication on the planet can solve one's problems. It's symptom management. Like insulin. It could keep the symptoms under control for a period, and then it can stop working, so tweaks need to be made.

There is no magic pill to fix everything. I really wish there was. But like I said. Medication and the proper doctor can make you feel as comfortable as possible.

And like my doctor said as he always does when I tell him I am in pain make it stop.... and he always says there is nothing that can be done. I am also realistic what meds and doctors can do. Sometimes things can't be fixed, not even temporarily.
I disagree with your first sentence as I don't believe that there is a correct doctor for everyone. However, let's assume that you are correct for discussion purposes. So suppose there exists that "correct doctor" like the one you mentioned, one that you can trust deeply, won't commit you just by mention of suicide, etc.

First off, that is really difficult for many people (myself included) to reliably find and access. Maybe it's like 1 in 1000. So one would go through maybe dozens, or hundreds (maybe even more than that) before they find that "correct doctor". Not everyone has access to them, have the means, money, and all to make it happen. Second off, suppose everyone that wants help suddenly has $1M to spend and/or healthcare is free (which isn't the case either way... but continuing my point), how long and how much effort should one spend to attempt to find that right one? See, there is something called reasonable expectation and limits, everyone's tolerances, limits, are different; some people go through a few and give up, while others go through dozens and more before eventually giving up. Also, for those that have finally found it, the other question is whether it was worth it (they went through x amount of doctors, medications, and have spent perhaps $10K, $50k, or however much more and now their bank accounts are smaller, wallets lighter, and such).

In regards to medicine, yes, what you said is correct and then the question to consider is "Do I want to just continue coping?" Sure, everyone is different in this regard, some people are ok with coping for a long time, others just want out. I had been on both sides, I coped longer than I wanted to at times, and then there are times where I am just done.

Finally, in your last paragraph, when you admit that there are some things that have no solution, yes that is correct and I agree with you there. I would add that therefore, when there is no solution, sometimes death and relief from suffering is a solution itself (might not always be great but it is a solution nevertheless).

Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
I disagree with your first sentence as I don't believe that there is a correct doctor for everyone. However, let's assume that you are correct for discussion purposes. So suppose there exists that "correct doctor" like the one you mentioned, one that you can trust deeply, won't commit you just by mention of suicide, etc.

First off, that is really difficult for many people (myself included) to reliably find and access. Maybe it's like 1 in 1000. So one would go through maybe dozens, or hundreds (maybe even more than that) before they find that "correct doctor". Not everyone has access to them, have the means, money, and all to make it happen. Second off, suppose everyone that wants help suddenly has $1M to spend and/or healthcare is free (which isn't the case either way... but continuing my point), how long and how much effort should one spend to attempt to find that right one? See, there is something called reasonable expectation and limits, everyone's tolerances, limits, are different; some people go through a few and give up, while others go through dozens and more before eventually giving up. Also, for those that have finally found it, the other question is whether it was worth it (they went through x amount of doctors, medications, and have spent perhaps $10K, $50k, or however much more and now their bank accounts are smaller, wallets lighter, and such).

In regards to medicine, yes, what you said is correct and then the question to consider is "Do I want to just continue coping?" Sure, everyone is different in this regard, some people are ok with coping for a long time, others just want out. I had been on both sides, I coped longer than I wanted to at times, and then there are times where I am just done.

Finally, in your last paragraph, when you admit that there are some things that have no solution, yes that is correct and I agree with you there. I would add that therefore, when there is no solution, sometimes death and relief from suffering is a solution itself (might not always be great but it is a solution nevertheless).
Do you have telehealth where you live? In New York, you can actually visit a doctor via Skype or phone.

That is how I got my medical marijuana license.

United Healthcare, the insurance company I worked for, literally had hundreds of doctors who participated.

My health insurance plan that I have for Medicare has the exact same thing. Over 300 therapists for example are part of the teleheath network. 75 psychiatrists specifically specialize in holistic treatment only.

Maybe look into that? I have used telehealth multiple times for either medical treatment, read lab results or to get a second opinion. Just a thought. It worked wonders for me.

Reactions: Sensei
TAW122

TAW122

Aug 30, 2018
Do you have telehealth where you live? In New York, you can actually visit a doctor via Skype or phone.

That is how I got my medical marijuana license.

United Healthcare, the insurance company I worked for, literally had hundreds of doctors who participated.

My health insurance plan that I have for Medicare has the exact same thing. Over 300 therapists for example are part of the teleheath network. 75 psychiatrists specifically specialize in holistic treatment only.

Maybe look into that? I have used telehealth multiple times for either medical treatment, read lab results or to get a second opinion. Just a thought. It worked wonders for me.
No I don't think so. I live in North Carolina and it's one of the states that don't have the best policies for health care. But that aside, I was mainly just addressing your points. I wasn't really looking for recovery necessarily as I mentioned in an earlier post, I've come to peace with my decision. I'm happy that telehealth has helped you tremendously.

Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
No I don't think so. I live in North Carolina and it's one of the states that don't have the best policies for health care. But that aside, I was mainly just addressing your points. I wasn't really looking for recovery necessarily as I mentioned in an earlier post, I've come to peace with my decision. I'm happy that telehealth has helped you tremendously.
I'm not telling you what to do... just giving info. Each private insurance company will of course be different, but private always has better services than Medicaid. New York doesn't have teledentristy which I could use lol.
  • North Carolina Medicaid simply states that it will cover medically necessary services, including telepsychiatry and teledentistry, delivered via live video.

Reactions: TAW122
Quarky00

Quarky00

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2019
Somethings here were veering to some unbeneficial directions...

"If you don't like the system, what are you doing to change it?" -- really shouldn't be addressed to people who had been abused ?..... :wink:

There are more nuggets like this around ("you haven't found the correct doctor.") . I fully understand the positive encouraging tone there . The call to rise up and do something . But that call may be a bit too much , at times ? I don't have a problem with recovery , I'm actually for recovery , but I don't like crude generalization and cliches :hug: BlueWidow wrote things much better , perfectly and delicately -- I'm blunt . I'm happy things work for you . It'd would be great if it works for others . It's mostly tragic and malpractice .

It's really great to hear that positive experience . It's inspiring and gives hope . But each case and location are extremely complex and different . And we are wrong when we try to generalize . This saddened me : instead of hearing positive stories about doctors (and there are) we are taking a different direction , because of that tone .

I'm pro-choice . For me it means I won't tell someone to ctb , nor to find a doctor ; each and everyone here is so precious and unique .

:heart: