Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I've been identifying as asexual and non binary for a while and I remember at the start when I told my closest friend that I was asexual and she made a face and said something along the lines that I definitely can't be asexual. She referred to me watching reversed harem anime and that I can't be asexual if I watch that. Even tho asexuals don't always have to be repulsed by sex, plus the anime didn't have any too explicit scenes, it was just sexy vampire boys. Then I told my mom and I also went to Prague pride and met a few other asexuals. About a year after when Prague pride was supposed to happen again, my mom asked me "you don't identify with those people anymore, do you"?
The fuck is that supposed to mean, yes I do??
then when I came out to my mom as non binary she wouldn't respect my pronouns and said that I'll always be her little sweet daughter girly girl woman female daughter. And she always uses these feminine things and shit.. it's just so annoying. I just feel like this alien that doesn't belong here and I'm just fed up with all of this bs. Living has been hard enough but after realizing these things about me it became even harder, I'm just an outcast and I'm not accepted even by the closest ppl around me like my mom.
some ppl told me that it can be hard for parents to accept the fact that their child has changed and shit but she's choosing to hurt me and call me the ways she calls me. She isn't even trying and thinks this is some sort of phase that will disappear even though I've been exploring my body and mind for many years and finally came to the conclusion that I'm non binary and asexual

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: throughtheglass, MindFrog, death137 and 11 others
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
Hey I'm sure you're accepted here at least. Or I hope so. :hug:
Maybe other people like you could help you?

Last edited:
Reactions: death137, foxdie and Nymph
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Hey I'm sure you're accepted here at least. Or I hope so. :hug:
I guess but I've been misgendered a few times, I'm guessing it's because of my feminine username-but I just like the word. I just wish people would use they/them pronouns as a default when they don't know the gender of someone and not just guess it from the pfp and username. And more selections on polls, because it's always "I'm a woman and..../I'm a man...., or as a woman..../ as a man....." ya know

• Hugs
Reactions: darksideofthebright, RainAndSadness and foxdie
F

foxdie

Got my ticket
Aug 18, 2020
I'm sorry you're mother doesn't understand. I hope with time she will come to accept you as you are. You're not an alien or an outcast, although I understand why you might feel that. We accept you here for sure and if anyone doesn't, I'd kindly ask them to shut their pie holes.

Being a non-binary asexual is completely normal and not a phase. It's our society that is slow on the uptake. Just know your not alone and there are others just like you. People react in bad ways towards things they don't understand, it's human nature. It might be hard to see from where you are right now but you can find acceptance, even if your current friends and family never do. Sending hugs friend :hug:

• Hugs
Reactions: darksideofthebright and Nymph
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Hello, you sure are accepted here, this is the safest place to you to feel welcome. There's nothing wrong with you, do t let society brings you down. Hugs hun :hug:

• Hugs
Reactions: Meditation guide, darksideofthebright and Nymph
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
Hello.

I relate a lot to your situation as someone who is trans myself and transitioning for over 3 years. It's very annoying if your own family doesn't accept you and it's a huge mental drain. I hope this will change. It's horrible when parents make it all about themselves and disrespect the path of their children. Why do such people have children in the first place? You're 100% valid the way you are. Maybe you can try to talk with your mom and explain to her how much it means to you that she uses the right pronouns and accept you as who you are and maybe try to make her understand why you feel that way. Good luck! I wish you a lot of strength and peace.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: perdredenord, Nymph, darksideofthebright and 1 other person
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
I'm trying my best to learn more about the different genders out there and not offend anyone by calling them the wrong pronoun. It's hard to re-program something that you grew up with for years and then try to change things when it's only been introduced into society for a short while. I've met some of them who were "in your face" about it and didn't give me a good impression of what kind of people they were before the change. The older conservative generation will have issues trying to be open-minded.

• Hmph!
  • Love
Reactions: shadowchaser, perdredenord and Meditation guide
perdredenord

perdredenord

he/him • wishing for a will to live
Dec 26, 2020
Holy fuck this is relatable. I'm so sorry people are awful. I am also non-binary and asexual, and people are so awful about it. If you ever want someone similar to talk to, you can talk to me anytime.

• Love
Reactions: Nymph and RainAndSadness
Neowise

Neowise

We fly and fly but never reach our destination.
Oct 7, 2020
I understand you, I guess I am non-binary and asexual as well. I don't stress myself, just accept it for myself and don't mention it to other people because I know they wouldn't understand anyways.
Just like perdredenord offered I'll be here, too if you want to talk with a like-minded person.

• Hugs
Reactions: Nymph