A

_apathetic

Not my mother tongue, sorry.
Oct 1, 2023
Again, I am afraid to do what will definitely relieve this suffering, I know this fear is unreasonable, isn't it that once your brain dies, you will no longer be aware of this cruel reality for good? But why, why am I afraid? What am I afraid of?

• Hugs
Reactions: Crono, Forever Sleep, WAITING TO DIE and 3 others
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Maybe the unknown? Maybe it is the subconcious attachment to life? Like even when we suffer a lot it is hard to let go sometimes. That could be SI as well.

I don't even know anymore except that brain puppeteers me.

I just wish I never existed in the first place. It would make things easier for sure.

Reactions: _apathetic, WAITING TO DIE, Lys_C15H25N3O_d3 and 1 other person
puella

puella

she/they
Oct 5, 2023
I'm sorry you feel so much suffering and fear. đź–¤ I'm here for you.

Reactions: _apathetic, WAITING TO DIE and DT2007
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
The reality is that as humans we are all programmed to survive even if one is aware that suicide is what they truly wish for, I find it so dreadful how it's so unnecessarily difficult to cease existing.

Reactions: _apathetic, R_N and WAITING TO DIE
AShipinthedark

AShipinthedark

*Explosion Noises*
Aug 1, 2023
I feel that were it more socially accepted, it would be easier. I hate that we have to use websites like these to discuss our wishes. If I could have a guaranteed painless way to die, and the moments needed to say goodbye, then it would not be so hard.

Reactions: _apathetic and WAITING TO DIE
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
afraid of pain keeps us alive even though the 10 mins it takes to hang yourself compared to lifetime of misery

WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Do you remember being a "soul " before you were born ?
Nobody remembers this.
I think consciousness is purely a biochemical reaction in the brain.
Religion is responsible for making people fearful of suicide, even though suicide as a sin is NEVER mentioned in the bible.

Reactions: ApathyToLife, _apathetic, wendy5c and 1 other person
U

username8888

-
Oct 11, 2023
Again, I am afraid to do what will definitely relieve this suffering, I know this fear is unreasonable, isn't it that once your brain dies, you will no longer be aware of this cruel reality for good? But why, why am I afraid? What am I afraid of?

I had to go through 10 + 7 days of fasting long ago due to food shortages in an West African village. I may suggest Eating only lentils and water for a month after that seven days of water only fasting. Then your survival instinct are way less noisy and regretful. At least that was my unintentional experiment in the village. My experiments show that food is way more affecting the brain than thoughts...

DON'T TAKE IT AS A CALL TO ACTION I AM JUST SHARING MY EXPERIMENT.
Religion is responsible for making people fearful of suicide, even though suicide as a sin is NEVER mentioned in the bible.
Heaven and Hell either. At least not in the old testament.
But why, why am I afraid? What am I afraid of?
Maybe food is making you afraid of death. Every time I eat bad I am always scared of death. When I eat clean and simple I always want to go to afterlife. That's only my experiment I guess.

Last edited:
A

_apathetic

Not my mother tongue, sorry.
Oct 1, 2023
Do you remember being a "soul " before you were born ?
Nobody remembers this.
I think consciousness is purely a biochemical reaction in the brain.
I grew up in a very, very religious family, in this religion, suicide will be punished eternally in hellfire that will melt your body.
That's right, consciousness is a biochemical reaction in the brain, this fear that I had was so unreasonable and stupid, religion is even just man-made.

• Love
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
I grew up in a very, very religious family, in this religion, suicide will be punished eternally in hellfire that will melt your body.
That's right, consciousness is a biochemical reaction in the brain, this fear that I had was so unreasonable and stupid, religion is even just man-made.
Yes, exactly. The funny thing is that suicide as a sin wasn't introduced until the 6th century AD by the churches.
Totally man-made fearmongering.

Reactions: _apathetic