Source Energy

Source Energy

I want to be where people areN'T...
Jan 23, 2023
I always had an issue with noise. Clattering dishes, music from the neighbors, overhearing loud talking and laughing, sends me into a fit of rage and despair. If such noise persists for long, I end up crying. I love it when it is silence. No people, no voices, no music. Just blissful, soothing silence.

Also, I love empty space. I hate being touched by surprise by strangers, bumped into, or having to watch out not to be bumped into or ran over by inconsiderate pricks on all kind of wheels. Nothing better than a street/ store devoid of people. I loved it during covid!

The peace I yearn for is not earthly. I crave to return to non existence.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: AngelZ, freevoid, http-410 and 7 others
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
I don't like noise either. Being in a psychiatric hospital was a nightmare for that reason. Last time I was there there was this guy who loved slamming doors to irritate people, and he'd play awful, loud music and sing at the top of his voice. I wanted to kill him after a week of it. He was also violent towards the staff and got sedated 😂 serves him right.

Reactions: ksp, leeloosnow and Source Energy
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
Misophonia is treatable to some degree. It might be worth looking into your options.

Reactions: BrainShower and ksp
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I've always hated noise, this world is filled with far too much unnecessary noise, at least to me such a thing as peace could never exist in this world.

Reactions: ksp, BBBB and Source Energy
Source Energy

Source Energy

Jan 23, 2023
Whenever I am exposed to a noisy, crowded environment, I want to die. I think to myself "see, if I ctb-ed I wouldn't have to deal with this anymore. Wouldn't it be nice to leave this world behind? All this noise, this aggression, this tumult"

Reactions: ksp
B

Bardo

Arcanist
Jan 25, 2023
I am listening to a video/audio on YT "Night Rain On A Car". It helps to block out the gamer across the way (though I use brown Noise Rain/Thunder for that guy, as brown noise mitigates low frequencies--the kind of low tones that go through concrete, walls, vibrate your bloody spleen!) Also helps block car noise, yapping neurotic fucking dogs, etc.

Source Energy

Source Energy

Jan 23, 2023
I am listening to a video/audio on YT "Night Rain On A Car". It helps to block out the gamer across the way (though I use brown Noise Rain/Thunder for that guy, as brown noise mitigates low frequencies--the kind of low tones that go through concrete, walls, vibrate your bloody spleen!) Also helps block car noise, yapping neurotic fucking dogs, etc.
I use a white noise from YouTube when I sleep too. Blocks out most crap. But these are just crutches that help me cope. Sensory sensitivity, noise especially, is one of the multiple reasons I don't want to be here

Reactions: ksp and Bardo
MountainMonkey

MountainMonkey

Student
Jun 17, 2022
I have a disdain for humans and noise. This is the reason I lived in my car and out of a tent in National Forests for 5 years. Now I'm back in civilization and am filled with anger and rage. I could live in a cave for the rest of my life and be content. This world is overpopulated. And there's no shortage of disrespectful, noisy humans. And I fantasize about ending their lives more than I should

Reactions: ksp and Source Energy
Source Energy

Source Energy

Jan 23, 2023
I have a disdain for humans and noise. This is the reason I lived in my car and out of a tent in National Forests for 5 years. Now I'm back in civilization and am filled with anger and rage. I could live in a cave for the rest of my life and be content. This world is overpopulated. And there's no shortage of disrespectful, noisy humans. And I fantasize about ending their lives more than I should
how did you survive there for so long? can you do that again?
I'm clumsy, not very good with my hands, and a typical "city girl". I don't think I could survive in the wilderness, let alone give up electricity, shower, indoor toilet, and internet. So basically it would have to have the amenities....I'd rather be a hikikomori if I could work from home.

but wow, you.

Reactions: ksp and MountainMonkey
MountainMonkey

MountainMonkey

Student
Jun 17, 2022
how did you survive there for so long? can you do that again?
I'm clumsy, not very good with my hands, and a typical "city girl". I don't think I could survive in the wilderness, let alone give up electricity, shower, indoor toilet, and internet. So basically it would have to have the amenities....I'd rather be a hikikomori if I could work from home.

but wow, you.
I had money saved up. I basically cooked over a campfire and bathed in creeks, but occasionally showered at a planet fitness or a hostel. I fell in love with nature and the wilderness after I hiked the Appalachian trail. Prior to hiking the trail I never set foot in true, desolate nature.
In my youth I was a club head chick, wore makeup and heels all the time. Then I partied and did lots of drugs. I was very self destructive.
Then after watching YouTube videos about the trail, I purchased cheap gear and a plane ticket to Maine. I cried a lot at the beginning, legs were so sore i could barely stand. After a month I was fine.
The outdoor life was very different and therapeutic. It allows you to get acquainted with your soul. It's also empowering to have the freedom of self sufficiency, well minus food and gas.
it's civilization and society that causes my mental anguish and suicidal thoughts

Reactions: ksp, Source Energy and Hollowman
another40seconds

another40seconds

Feb 17, 2023
i can relate to this immensely as i have autism. noises overwhelm me easily and my anxiety only makes it worse. my life is almost never quiet but when it is i feel more peace

Reactions: Bardo, ksp and Source Energy
M

missingpeace

Arcanist
Feb 4, 2023
Me too, I don't even want to hear music these days. Also have stopped watching tv shows/movies..

L

lionetta12

Just a random person
Aug 5, 2022
I always had an issue with noise. Clattering dishes, music from the neighbors, overhearing loud talking and laughing, sends me into a fit of rage and despair. If such noise persists for long, I end up crying. I love it when it is silence. No people, no voices, no music. Just blissful, soothing silence.

Also, I love empty space. I hate being touched by surprise by strangers, bumped into, or having to watch out not to be bumped into or ran over by inconsiderate pricks on all kind of wheels. Nothing better than a street/ store devoid of people. I loved it during covid!

The peace I yearn for is not earthly. I crave to return to non existence.
I'm so lucky that my current apartment is sound isolated, something I need for the house I end up buying, because being able to not have to deal with annoying noises is so nice.