Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shaveashaved

Jan 11, 2021
killing yourself is so easy. why do we make it look so complex? all you need is a rope. takes 13 seconds to lose consciousness and die in less than 10 minutes. all this sn, n, what not. it's just excuses.

• Hmph!
  • Yay!
Reactions: charcoalcat, Hurt, Efilismislife and 8 others
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
I don't trust my noose to close well enough, this would leave me in an air-choke for several minutes before passing out.

• Hugs
Reactions: newave3, BeeLoyal, Ame and 1 other person
S

shaveashaved

Jan 11, 2021
I don't trust my noose to close well enough, this would leave me in an air-choke for several minutes before passing out.
try it and see. you'll be long dead before you know what it is you are doing.

Reactions: newave3
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
It's the fear of surviving under worst cirscunstances.

Reactions: Lilmeowssi, Journeytoletgo, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG and 7 others
NothingElseMatters

NothingElseMatters

Warlock
Mar 30, 2020
ok mr. know it all, why you are here then

• Hugs
Reactions: charcoalcat, demuic, Midnight-rain and 12 others
A

antmann

May 14, 2021
try it and see. you'll be long dead before you know what it is you are doing.
I tried it, and genesandenviornment is right. I'm confused as you are still alive, yet you are so sure of this as if you have experience?

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic, Midnight-rain, newave3 and 3 others
BeeLoyal

BeeLoyal

Is Existence Just A Test?
Apr 27, 2020
You're wrong.
A lot of people don't want to die hanging from a noose, it has moments of panic, discomfort and pain from the rope.
(There has also been reports about vomiting from the rope, noose not closing well, leaving you without oxygen which will leave you retarded when you're being found)
Here are the stats btw:
HangingLethality 89.5%Time 7minAgony score 25.5
Also its not that easy to find a spot supporting the rope.
Oh, just go in a forest?
To get found by some stranger, maybe a child who is walking with his/her mom/dad and traumatize the child?
Sounds like you have morals.
Your post is just to make people feel bad.
Get that out of here, thanks.

Reactions: demuic, Midnight-rain, newave3 and 5 others
Sunset Limited

Sunset Limited

I believe in Sunset Limited
Jul 29, 2019
CTB is a decision I made with my logic, so I want to die. It's not me who refuses to die, it's the SI and fear of death that I can't control. The reason why people need methods such as N, SN, inert gas is to try to overcome their uncontrollable fears. Do not underestimate the SI resistance. You are lucky if you have an SI that you can handle very easily, but don't reject empathy.

• Love
Reactions: logan, newave3, Existingnotliving and 2 others
All Things Must Pass

All Things Must Pass

Mage
Apr 14, 2021
Because no anchor point, low consequences of failure, etc. Besides, internal hurdle is just as valid as external ones.

Reactions: newave3 and Scribble Fan
yive

yive

life is evil
Nov 6, 2020
i used to say: give me the gun and i'll do it right now. i need a guaranteed death

Reactions: newave3 and Existingnotliving
deepinlimbo

deepinlimbo

I want to Insert something profound here
May 30, 2021
I probably agree more with the title of your thread than the content within it. I don't want to die, I kust don't want to live in pain and all I really want is my life to be fixed and resemble something functional. People only really ctb because it's the last option available. (It really should be the last option, as I do believe in exhausting every Avenue there is available whatever that may be)
killing yourself is so easy. why do we make it look so complex? all you need is a rope. takes 13 seconds to lose consciousness and die in less than 10 minutes. all this sn, n, what not. it's just excuses.
If it were that simple would you or I be posting on here? I mean I could kill myself now, I've got some bleach in the bathroom. But I'm not insane enough to burn my guts out like a xenomorph has exploded on me.

we are all entitled to opinions here and I'm not trying to start an argument or be divisive but your comment will upset some people here.

there's more to going ahead with a method than just doing it. Granted some can flick that switch but most have probably thought about reconsidering at least once.

anyway hope whatever happens you and I don't have to die and we can fix our issues. :)
You're wrong.
A lot of people don't want to die hanging from a noose, it has moments of panic, discomfort and pain from the rope.
(There has also been reports about vomiting from the rope, noose not closing well, leaving you without oxygen which will leave you retarded when you're being found)
Here are the stats btw:
HangingLethality 89.5%Time 7minAgony score 25.5
Also its not that easy to find a spot supporting the rope.
Oh, just go in a forest?
To get found by some stranger, maybe a child who is walking with his/her mom/dad and traumatize the child?
Sounds like you have morals.
Your post is just to make people feel bad.
Get that out of here, thanks.
Exactly 100% right. There's so many variables. It's why I'm worried about it as my method if I can't get a more easier method like n or sn

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: I'm exhausted, Bedrock48, newave3 and 3 others
S

shaveashaved

Jan 11, 2021
CTB is a decision I made with my logic, so I want to die. It's not me who refuses to die, it's the SI and fear of death that I can't control. The reason why people need methods such as N, SN, inert gas is to try to overcome their uncontrollable fears. Do not underestimate the SI resistance. You are lucky if you have an SI that you can handle very easily, but don't reject empathy.
once you jump out of that chair with the rope around your neck, si will no longer be an issue. if you can survive 20, 30, 40 years in misery, what's 13 seconds by comparison?

Reactions: Deleted_9cKnXB34QG
Sunset Limited

Sunset Limited

I believe in Sunset Limited
Jul 29, 2019
once you jump out of that chair with the rope around your neck, si will no longer be an issue. if you can survive 20, 30, 40 years in misery, what's 13 seconds by comparison?

Fear is something I can't control!!! Do you understand? CANNOT CONTROL. I can't jump, I can't kick chair, I can't shoot myself. Besides, who said I want to do it right now? Thanks to this forum, I already have a peaceful exit ticket. I chose to wait for a peaceful method and I have it.

• Hugs
deepinlimbo

deepinlimbo

I want to Insert something profound here
May 30, 2021

who's says it's a guaranteed 13 seconds?
what happens if the rope breaks just before you die and it leaves you a vegetable? Making sure it works and planning it out is just as daunting as living. It's that no mans land of uncertainty.

but yes I do agree a few seconds of possible pain (to mins even in the context of hanging) vs years of pain is what I use to convince my SI that it will be worth it in the end. But some people have suffered physically and mentally all their life and just want their last moments to be peaceful. I think that's understandable.

For me hanging as well doesn't allow me to come to terms with my passing, to be able to listen to music and soak in the last of the sunshine (as I want to be outside by the sea) and I want to experience it in a blissful and non panicked state. Like what you see on the dignitas videos.

A

AintNoWayOut

Student
Jan 6, 2020
u realize almost one million people a year do it right lol

Reactions: Deleted_9cKnXB34QG, pthnrdnojvsc and newave3
insanedoomer

insanedoomer

Zé"HaZarD
Jan 10, 2021
nobody wants to die because everybody are running away from the accident of the being born cause he dont want to remember that one day he came to existence and ahve to face the instinct pushing him to do the mouvement of existing , so he only wants to go back to the void to nothing and here he are fearfull of going back to the same circle of being born and facing it .
the circle of life and death it is the infinity that we are running from .

newave3

newave3

I want out
Nov 21, 2020
I've been a member of SS since November of 2020 and I have seen a few posters that just want to get a rise out of us.
@shaveashaved seems to be one of them. Don't feed the troll. Just ignore him.

Reactions: demuic, Midnight-rain, Scribble Fan and 4 others
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
if you can survive 20, 30, 40 years in misery, what's 13 seconds by comparison?

I basically agree with this, but you, just like the rest of us, are living proof that SI is extremely hard to overcome (unless you're just an asshole who isn't suicidal at all)

Reactions: lobster salad, death137, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG and 1 other person
D

Deleted_9cKnXB34QG

Mage
Jun 26, 2018
You should have made that scroll of truth meme, lmao, I'd do it but I'm too lazy.

In all honesty it's all about the lizard brain and SI, the technicalities are trivial - even a child can tie a knot - but controlling our strongest instinct seems impossibly hard. If it was easier and free will was actually a thing we'd have way more than a million suicides a year.

Last edited:
Reactions: lobster salad, death137 and newave3
LifeQuitter2018

LifeQuitter2018

Wanderer
Aug 12, 2018
I've been a member of SS since November of 2020 and I have seen a few posters that just want to get a rise out of us.
@shaveashaved seems to be one of them. Don't feed the troll. Just ignore him.

Posters like that have existed since the old subreddit.
For me, I dislike the full hanging method because it can traumatize people who may see my body. I prefer methods that I can lie down or at least sit down.

Efilismislife

Efilismislife

Psychopath family tortured me
May 25, 2021
I guess if one truely wants to die killing yourself is easy, just jump off from high place

But it all depends only on willingness&fear of death/pain:ohh:

Looking at the title,
I thought he got hated because hes a pro lifer who inhibit people from ctb..

But turns out hes not. Hes pro ctb but got hated :shy:

Last edited:
Reactions: newave3 and lobster salad
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Hes pro ctb but got hated

And he can go back to 4Chan with that BS where he came from. We choose the methods that are best for US. In which we are comfortable with and less likely to mess up.

to annoy you. why else?

bye felicia GIF

• Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: LifeQuitter2018, newave3, demuic and 4 others
Status
Not open for further replies.