eeah

eeah

waste
Sep 11, 2024
i think if someone is at the point of attempting, it's highly unlikely that a random comment on an internet forum will change their mind. if they were somewhere else than maybe it's a better chance of them being receptive to someone trying to talk them out of it, but not here. if they wanted that theres a whole other subforum for it they could have used where they'd get that kinda response.

with ppl i know irl personally i do try and convince them otherwise or whatever and ive gone to lengths to prevent a friend from killing themselves before. but i think here u need to consider what you can realistically do for someone who doesn't even know you and isnt looking to be convinced otherwise. which is not much other than provide some sympathy and support with whatever they choose for themselves. which makes the idea of forming connections with anyone on here difficult but it is what it is. but thats just my view on it.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I'm not against recovery. I'm not against people suggesting things we may not have considered but- I think the OP needs to be open to want to hear it. If their mind is set on ending it- what then?

Also, do you really think the majority of people haven't already tried to improve their lives? I suspect most people have already done a great deal of thinking and trying to make things better for themselves.

Personally, I wouldn't make a 'live' goodbye thread in order to avoid any 'do gooders' who think they're doing me a favour by grilling me at likely the most stressful point in my life. I don't need permission from anyone to end my life. I don't need to fulfil anyone else's criteria for going but my own.

I'm definitely not saying suicide should be encouraged. If a person seems unsure here- the majority of the time I would say they are actually nudged towards living. But personally speaking, I wouldn't appreciate being questioned. So, I probably wouldn't do it to someone else.

Reactions: Flirtingwithdemons and willitpass
vkore

vkore

Feb 27, 2023
So I find it awful that no-one here tries to stop someone on their attemp and only cheer up. Looks like sect and cult of death or smth. I will probably get banned for posts like that. I think you should have a few step verification before you make a goodbye post, like why you want to do it? Did you try everything to make your life better? Are you sure it will be better on the other side? I'm just so concerned about a young guy that ctbd today bc of not terminal reasons and I got hated for doubting his decision. Admins should really think about trying to help people before they decide to do their last step. Only if they care of course.
i don't think anyone here wants anyone to die. but we're all here for essentially the same reason. we all know someone saying "don't do it! you have so much to live for" does absolutely nothing. it's sad that this page exists, but i think people here are kind. we're all just way too deep in it.

consider

consider

My English is not good, sorry. Still learning.
Jul 23, 2023
People who are going to CTB are in incredible agony. I don't have anything good to say to make them less painful. I also don't have the energy and ability to save people from this. all I can do is send the hug emoji when I think they are welcome my hugs emoji. if you have any method that can help people feel better and won't burn me out I'm willing to learn. I'm sorry for what you feel now. I feel sad too cuz I just found out mistymoo was already gone at the moment I sent a hug for a comment he left in other thread.
Guys I'm just sure thar 90%+- of people's problems here are solvable
I am not sure about this. The last time I was very actively suicidal was because I was trying to solve it. I was on medicine back then and it messed me up. I went cold turkey in the end and stayed on the bed for the following two years.
i know you are sad about this whole thing. I wish I had anything to say can make you feel better but i have nothing.

B

brokeandbroken

Enlightened
Apr 18, 2023
So I find it awful that no-one here tries to stop someone on their attemp and only cheer up. Looks like sect and cult of death or smth. I will probably get banned for posts like that. I think you should have a few step verification before you make a goodbye post, like why you want to do it? Did you try everything to make your life better? Are you sure it will be better on the other side? I'm just so concerned about a young guy that ctbd today bc of not terminal reasons and I got hated for doubting his decision. Admins should really think about trying to help people before they decide to do their last step. Only if they care of course.
Like I said I had a narrative in which I told myself most people are good. They aren't few if any are. People generally don't care about anyone besides themselves. My life is a living example of it. In terms of resumes for getting help I don't see why I shouldn't be towards the top of the list. Yet I am treated like an inferior being. Like I am stealing the oxygen people breathe. People suck if it doesn't concern them they won't care.

P

pulleditnearlyoff

Student
Apr 26, 2024
Guys I'm just sure thar 90%+- of people's problems here are solvable and we all deserve and can live happy lives. You just can't ctb without 100% sure that it's the only way(talking about terminal ill all in pain people)

Everybody can find a reason to live. Take Nick Vujchich as an exaple
Hope you'll be banned

• Love
Reactions: WhatPowerIs, Tony24, divinemistress36 and 1 other person