• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Caspers

Caspers

Lost
Jun 23, 2020
People are just lying. People just say nice things to me to make them feel good for being nice. People say nice stuff, but they must be lying. I'm told I'm clever but I'm a uni drop out. I'm told I'm strong but I'm always running away. So many lies. I hate cognitive distortions, what did I do to deserve this? I don't remember much before 2017 (hypoxic brain injury), how much of my life was a lie? Was I abused or was I loved? I have zero way to know. All I can do is assume. My whole life is a lie. I'm so weak and afraid I just run away from any challenge.
Ps this is just me ranting, I know I'm made of bs

Last edited:
thisisstupid

thisisstupid

Oct 29, 2020
are you sure it's not you just over thinking it? not being rude just a question

Reactions: Caspers
Caspers

Caspers

Lost
Jun 23, 2020
I like you! And I really have no reason or benefit in lying about that.
Thanks, that means a lot from such a great member of this society. And I think it's a cognitive distortion that my psychologist has been talking about that's making me think this way, but it's just to hard to not listen to the bad things I think. Part of me thinks I'm lying, but that part is weak when I'm tired
are you sure it's not you just over thinking it? not being rude just a question
Yep one of my biggest enemies is I critically analyse everything, and have a negative bias so I do often have problems with overthinking things. And don't worry, you weren't being rude at all

G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Thanks, that means a lot from such a great member of this society. And I think it's a cognitive distortion that my psychologist has been talking about that's making me think this way, but it's just to hard to not listen to the bad things I think. Part of me thinks I'm lying, but that part is weak when I'm tired

Yep one of my biggest enemies is I critically analyse everything, and have a negative bias so I do often have problems with overthinking things. And don't worry, you weren't being rude at all
A lot of the time when we think poorly of ourselves or lack self-worth we can assume that people think worse of us than they actually do. Unfortunately people treating us poorly creates low self-worth and it becomes a cycle.

F

foxdie

Got my ticket
Aug 18, 2020
So sorry about your injury, it's so unfair. You definitely don't deserve this. Rant away, none of it is BS at all. It's all valid, no one can truly know your pain except for you. We can try to understand tho and be here for you. Sending hugs :hug:

k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
For what it's worth, I don't dislike you. There's nothing to gain by lying to you.

Our minds often lie to us. Depression lies. It's a bit of a cliche, but just because we think it doesn't make it true. I remind myself that all the time, because I feel it too. When people compliment me or are nice, I automatically assume it's just words. I have to remind myself they made an effort to let me know with no reward so it probably isn't untrue. But it's a difficult distortion to shake.

darksideofthebright

darksideofthebright

Check in on your happy friend
Nov 10, 2020
We can be our worst critics, and I totally understand that it's easier said than done when someone tells you to not be so harsh on yourself, but I hope you can somehow not be so harsh on yourself. Life is already difficult enough without us adding in the torment.

I'm just a stranger on the Internet but from what I've seen from your post, I have nothing against you. I actually hope for you nothing but the best of your interests and I hope you can find peace and happiness you've been looking for soon. Sending you hugs. :hug: