Ethereal Knight

Ethereal Knight

Seja um bom soldado, morra onde você caiu.
Jan 10, 2022
I know there's some "tough love" in the #short video below, but I think it can be very helpful, check it:

If one wants recovery, I guess one has to work hard... and dig their way out.

Please tell us if you found that video helpful, put your thoughts below:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: wasteofspace22, waitingforrest, Alcoholic Teletubby and 4 others
Mixo

Mixo

Blue
Aug 2, 2020
Wow, this really hit different. But it's necessary to internalize, for better or worse.

• Hugs
Reactions: wasteofspace22, waitingforrest, Chinchilla and 3 others
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
I know there's some "tough love" in the #short video below, but I think it can be very helpful, check it:

There's truth to this statement - it's not callous, because it just describes how reality works.

However, some of us simply don't wish to be saved any longer.

• Hugs
Reactions: wasteofspace22, markimobzzdeasui, houseofleaves and 9 others
D

Deleted member 847

I'm trying to dig my way out but my shovel is a piece of shit

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: markimobzzdeasui, houseofleaves, VKVK and 10 others
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
My response to this is. I don't give a fuck about being saved. I'm past being saved. Save yourself.

• Hugs
Reactions: markimobzzdeasui, houseofleaves, Dead Horse and 6 others
WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
But wouldn't it be nice to receive some help once in awhile?

• Hugs
Reactions: nembutal, wasteofspace22, Unsure_about_living and 10 others
Numb

Numb

Sep 26, 2021
I found it helpful.

Something internal has to be the engine of change if you are to get better. It can feel a bit disheartening when you feel like you lack the grit to bring about such change though.

• Hugs
Reactions: wasteofspace22, waitingforrest, ryo the frog and 4 others
Grav

Grav

Wizard
Jul 26, 2020
I find it accurate.

But wouldn't it be nice to receive some help once in awhile?
I think you can get help but ultimately if someone isn't getting themselves going the help won't work. Not saying "getting yourself out of it" is always some arduous task,, and yes, more help can make it easier.

• Love
Reactions: Mental, Ethereal Knight, ryo the frog and 1 other person
P

przeciwwymiotne

Be rude to me at all times, I don't deserve kindne
Jun 27, 2022

😭😭😭😭😭 I'm not able to dig my way out, I'm too lazy and spoiled I have no willpower to change. There's only one way to avoid slowly decaying in my body and in my horrible life. I'm so scared. I wish someone could help me ctb

• Aww..
Reactions: No Entertainment, markimobzzdeasui, houseofleaves and 5 others
WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
I find it accurate.

I think you can get help but ultimately if someone isn't getting themselves going the help won't work. Not saying "getting yourself out of it" is always some arduous task,, and yes, more help can make it easier.
It's true and I agree! I've just been in a stump lately.

Shu

Shu

As above, So Below.
Jan 21, 2022
I didn't watch the video but yeah we have to save ourselves.

Reactions: wasteofspace22, houseofleaves, rainwillneverstop and 3 others
E

ejpikl

Mar 21, 2022
i mean i already knew but yeah i'm glad it's that way
the idea of someone fixing me and me actually getting better is disgusting

Reactions: ryo the frog
C

Coffeebean77

Well… I tried.
Jul 28, 2022
I don't expect to be saved…. I don't even believe I can be helped anymore.

• Hugs
Reactions: houseofleaves and Ethereal Knight
S

Sky66

Dec 15, 2021
Didn't watch it. It's not rocket science. When I was a healthy person I always told people that the only one who could help you is yourself. At some point of your life nobody can help you including yourself.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: wasteofspace22, Lauriso, Hollowillow and 1 other person
want2dienow

want2dienow

Atari hazure?
Jul 24, 2022
ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif

I want to die

• Hugs
Reactions: wasteofspace22, markimobzzdeasui, houseofleaves and 2 others
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
If I somehow get into a position where it's possible, I'll be saving people left and right. "No one is coming" = "I'm not going to help you, I prioritize money/casual sex/etc over ending human suffering (since I never truly experienced it)".

Btw, this isn't true for (most) women/neurotypical men (and/or normie-type autistic men), they can get saved by a man/woman in an intimate relationship (or even friendships, they almost always have those). Granted, this romance thing does seem to have fallen out of fashion in favor of "hookups", "polyamory", "open relationships", "neurotypicals with benefits", and other end-stage civilization type disgusting garbage.

Also, when someone says "I've been there", I assume they're incorrect until they show proof of: (a) Autism, (b) virginity at age 24+, (c) unemployability and (d) of living with parents at age 24+.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Girl-shaped Wound, wasteofspace22, markimobzzdeasui and 13 others
PaperGodzilla

PaperGodzilla

Mar 20, 2022
It's a good start to think like this indeed. If you wait for someone to save you, it will just result in unhealthy/unbalanced relationship. We need to work on ourselves, but it does not mean that we have to do it alone. Seeking support is important

• Love
Reactions: wasteofspace22, whatevs, iknowhowtosurvive and 2 others
W

wannawayout

Jun 22, 2022
I'll save myself from a lifetime of suffering by ctb. In my opinion, not having to exist in this cruel world is truly being saved.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: markimobzzdeasui, VKVK, iknowhowtosurvive and 2 others
T

tabletop

Student
Oct 8, 2019
It would be nice if the video said setting about how to dig yourself out.

Ethereal Knight

Ethereal Knight

Jan 10, 2022
It would be nice if the video said [...] about how to dig yourself out.
this is individual. our problems are as diverse as we are.

Hollowillow

Hollowillow

I want throat hugs & anime! Can't use chat pm me
Aug 7, 2022

Thanks maybe I needed to hear it.

I don't want to dig my way out of yet another life threatening thing, not a 3rd time in a year. I want to be dugged in the earth. I had enough. I'm out of ideas, made it worse... I'm scared to worsen it more... I just want it to be over.
and other end-stage civilization type disgusting garbage
So true! 😂

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: whatevs and Ethereal Knight
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
If I somehow get into a position where it's possible, I'll be saving people left and right. "No one is coming" = "I'm not going to help you, I prioritize money/casual sex/etc over ending human suffering (since I never truly experienced it)".

Btw, this isn't true for (most) women/neurotypical men (and/or normie-type autistic men), they can get saved by a man/woman in an intimate relationship (or even friendships, they almost always have those). Granted, this romance thing does seem to have fallen out of fashion in favor of "hookups", "polyamory", "open relationships", "neurotypicals with benefits", and other end-stage civilization type disgusting garbage.

Also, when someone says "I've been there", I assume they're incorrect until they show proof of: (a) Autism, (b) virginity at age 24+, (c) unemployability and (d) of living with parents at age 24+.
Okay, so you have to meet all 3 requirements or just one? Also, does it count if you moved out and then had to move back in. I'm clearly no Autistic, but this is kind of an autistic question.

Reactions: wasteofspace22
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Okay, so you have to meet all 3 requirements or just one? Also, does it count if you moved out and then had to move back in. I'm clearly no Autistic, but this is kind of an autistic question.
It was a fast and low-effort post to get a point across, nothing that would hold up when analyzed. Someone could have neither of those things and still be in a worse situation, yada yada. It's just pointing out that, when received by me, "I've been there" is often incorrect. It's also a mistake to assume that just because we feel the same emotion, that we're in the same situation.
Got me my first and probably only laugh of the day.
Really? I liked "neurotypicals with benefits" more.

Reactions: wasteofspace22 and VKVK
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
It was a fast and low-effort post to get a point across, nothing that would hold up when analyzed. Someone could have neither of those things and still be in a worse situation, yada yada. It's just pointing out that, when received by me, "I've been there" is often incorrect. It's also a mistake to assume that just because we feel the same emotion, that it's the same situation.

Really? I liked "neurotypicals with benefits" more.
Oh, definitely. Normies always like to say they've had it bad.

Reactions: foreverfalling, wasteofspace22, whatevs and 1 other person
Ethereal Knight

Ethereal Knight

Jan 10, 2022
"I've been there" is often incorrect. It's also a mistake to assume that just because we feel the same emotion, that we're in the same situation.
Richard Grannon, the psychologist who made that video, was in a very bad spot in life when he was younger.

however, I don't think his intention with the phrase "I've been there" is to say that he went through the exact same things as other people, or felt the same amount of pain or less/more.

Reactions: wasteofspace22 and whatevs
WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022

So true.

whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022

Look, I tick all the other checkboxes but I'm trying to hold on to c at the moment... Can I at least join the failed normie crowd?

IMG 20220811 183432

Last edited:
  • Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: VKVK, Ethereal Knight and Celerity
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Look, I tick all the other checkboxes but I'm trying to hold on to c at the moment... Can I at least join the failed normie crowd?
You have some physical illness, too, right? Fine, you're in. I go case-by-case since it would be too much trouble to type out a comprehensive set of criteria. Now, find your seat, tonight we'll be discussing cum disposal and caffeine addiction.

• Yay!
Reactions: VKVK, Ethereal Knight and whatevs
eliza23

eliza23

Aug 10, 2022
I don't give a fuck about being saved anymore, I've asked for help I've even tried to help myself it worked but then I just became to tired to try let alone to even care. So now a day's I'm not trying to save myself, I'm not asking for help anymore, instead I'm trying to help my friends that I still have left who are in a tough spot. Sure he said no one will ever help us so I'm not trying to be that one person who will save someone. Cuz truth be told I'm only doing it because I can help anyone I wanna. But sadly only to a certain extent, I won't be able to help you the way you want but, I can guide you, give you good advice and give you a small push when you need it even if you don't want it. But that's really all I can do because all the big important and hard decisions that will lead to life changing actions is and always has been up to you and no one else.

Reactions: wasteofspace22, markimobzzdeasui and houseofleaves