Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
It is because everybody is busy doing something with their lives and don't care for others unless they have a benefit out of your friendship.

One of the things I have learned the hard way is that real friends are pretty rare. Acquaintances come and go, but real friends are there for you through thick and thin. If you have one or two real friends in a lifetime, that is an awesome thing.

Don't expect or seek a lot of friends. It isn't going to happen. If you find one good friend, treasure that person.

It's sucks knowing that when I die people will say how they miss me and how I was such a good friend, brother and son but they are all fucking lies. Nobody gives a fuck until you are not there anymore.

"Dead people receive more flowers than the living ones because regret is stronger than gratitude."
No love till its ashes to ashes, get the rose when they close up the casket.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Sprite_Geist, Hotsackage, TheErdy and 19 others
the_path_of_sorrows

the_path_of_sorrows

Different routes, same destination
Nov 26, 2023
Nobody gives a fuck about any of us, only about the emotional impact this will have on THEM when we leave.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Sprite_Geist, UmbraDweller, Joarga and 14 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Ha yeah true. I wouldn't say absolutely nobody (this depends on family ties / loved ones and other factors) but in many cases dead people didn't get the attention they needed earlier in life before they were dead. That could have probably prevented the death sometimes.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: a.fool, the_path_of_sorrows, Groundhog_Day and 3 others
Catch-22

Catch-22

But in the end it doesn't even matter...😢
Aug 19, 2019
I know in my life no one will give a shit.. they will probably say how selfish I was🙄

• Hugs
Reactions: Hotsackage, a.fool, the_path_of_sorrows and 4 others
an_alias

an_alias

milosh
Dec 21, 2020
very true, OP :) sometimes i feel like the world would be better when I'm dead because I know that people are uncomfortable with the idea of me still being alive - not that they want me to die, but to them it just seems more natural and fitting for me to have CTB'd by now

• Hugs
Reactions: a.fool, Groundhog_Day, CTB Dream and 1 other person
Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
And sadly people dont care even after you're dead. I'll be forgotten quickly after I leave. There is no one in my life who cares if I live or die. The people who really care about me (Christina and Dad) are already gone. I should have left a long time ago. What a waste

• Hugs
Reactions: Hotsackage, Joarga, Yavannah and 5 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
And sadly people dont care even after you're dead. I'll be forgotten quickly after I leave. There is no one in my life who cares if I live or die. The people who really care about me (Christina and Dad) are already gone. I should have left a long time ago. What a waste

For what it's worth, I would notice if either of you left. I'd still respect your decision though. Not like that's really much good though. It doesn't provide exactly practical support to get through life.

• Love
Reactions: Sprite_Geist, divinemistress36, Groundhog_Day and 2 others
Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
For what it's worth, I would notice if either of you left. I'd still respect your decision though. Not like that's really much good though. It doesn't provide exactly practical support to get through life.
Thank you so much for saying that. I'm very close to ctb and to know that someone would remember me is overwhelming. Thank you so much

• Love
Reactions: a.fool, Groundhog_Day, Darkover and 1 other person
D

DeletedAccount0864

Student
Dec 17, 2023
You're absolutely right about friends. True friends are so rare, and if you have one, hold onto them for your dear life. And yeah, everyone is very quick to shed tears when you're dead, and act as if they ever cared about you, but until then, most don't give a shit about you unless it personally benefits them. It's a cold, hard truth.

• Love
Reactions: divinemistress36, a.fool, Groundhog_Day and 2 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Thank you so much for saying that. I'm very close to ctb and to know that someone would remember me is overwhelming. Thank you so much

Of course I will. I know we haven't chatted much but I've always related to your posts and I feel so sad for the stuff you have had to deal with in life. The same goes with a lot of people here. I still think about someone who died over a year ago now. I know you're close to CTB though and I know we have to respect one another's choices. We all know how much we can take ultimately. Plus- it's not exactly the same as practical support in life. I expect many of us are in fact quite isolated. It's hard to judge if things would be different if we had strong support networks.

Reactions: Joarga, a.fool and Groundhog_Day
Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
Of course I will. I know we haven't chatted much but I've always related to your posts and I feel so sad for the stuff you have had to deal with in life. The same goes with a lot of people here. I still think about someone who died over a year ago now. I know you're close to CTB though and I know we have to respect one another's choices. We all know how much we can take ultimately. Plus- it's not exactly the same as practical support in life. I expect many of us are in fact quite isolated. It's hard to judge if things would be different if we had strong support networks.
I agree with you. I think for me it would change my life if there were someone who cared about me. But Im now old and lol if it ain't happened by now it ain't gonna happen lol. I look forward to seeing my little girl again. Since she left everything in my life has gone downhill. It changed who I was as a person. But at this point none of that matters. I am sorry that you are here on this site. You seem to be a great person someone I would have loved to have gotten o know better.

• Love
Reactions: a.fool, Forever Sleep, thewalkingdread and 1 other person
Groundhog_Day

Groundhog_Day

Dec 5, 2023
This might be cynical, but I think the caring/sadness people feel after you die, is ultimately selfish. It's being confronted by the reality of knowing they too will also die some day, and it's all ultimately meaningless. The sadness they feel is really for themselves, imo.

Reactions: divinemistress36, a.fool, Ninja_Master and 3 others
thewalkingdread

thewalkingdread

Life is a pointless, undeserved, unnecessary pain.
Oct 30, 2023
Everyone you ever knew has something real nice to say about you ... They're all just waiting for you to die.

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: Sprite_Geist, a.fool, the_path_of_sorrows and 4 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I believe many people likely won't even care then, humans are self centred after all. But eventually I believe that most people will just be forgotten about like they never existed at all.

Reactions: divinemistress36, a.fool and Darkover
A

a.fool

Student
Jun 27, 2023
What is your method?
I want to cbt too but I am unable to buy the source.

FallenfromGrace

FallenfromGrace

I'll keep on trying, might as well
Jun 23, 2018
Nobody gives a fuck about any of us, only about the emotional impact this will have on THEM when we leave
That's why I'm still alive. That's basically the only reason, other than general life FOMO 🙄

• Hugs
Reactions: the_path_of_sorrows
Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
lime sulfur - do some research on SS and online.

H

hath183

Jan 6, 2024
This might be cynical, but I think the caring/sadness people feel after you die, is ultimately selfish. It's being confronted by the reality of knowing they too will also die some day, and it's all ultimately meaningless. The sadness they feel is really for themselves, imo.
To add to what you have said, the sadness I feel is actual regret, I mean let's be honest, if I don't message people I would be totally forgotten about untill someone wants something . I am one of those pathetic people whom is useful for everyone else but myself. When I ctv those at my funeral will be full of remorse and regret, if they made more of an effort with me then it wouldn't add to my unholy feeling of shit. There has been no reason given to me to stay alive not from parents or friends.

So those who say suicide is selfish, ultimately in my opinion are the selfish ones, making the event of my Death about all of them and their feelings, when not one made an effort to enhance my time on this planet.

Just my tuppence

Reactions: Groundhog_Day
B

benetar_apologist

Jan 22, 2024
It's because of this that other people being sad doesn't factor much into my decision to CTB anymore. If they care more about keeping me alive for their sake than they do about me ending my suffering, then I also have to look out for my own interest in ending my pain before I consider anyone else.

Only one this doesn't apply to is my dog, he didn't choose to get adopted by me so I consider myself responsible for his welfare. Will probably do it after he goes.