W

whatnowbruh

Oct 7, 2024
Why isn't there any resource or method about self immolation, can someone talk about it please like how to do it? How long does it take to pass out? And how long does it take to die this way ?
I read from google search that this has a high fatality and mortality rate but it's pretty violent.

Last edited:
C

CannotAnymore

Apr 29, 2022
I imagine that most people in here are seeking peaceful ways out. Setting yourself on fire is an incredibly painful way to go. Also if people 'put you out' you could spend the rest of your life disfigured and in alot of pain. Skin grafts and expensive hospital bills. Or worse you could suffer for days/weeks/months or even years before you die.

It's very easy to google.

Reactions: promapicide, emptymiku and whatnowbruh
emptymiku

emptymiku

bokura wa inochi ni kirawarete iru
Mar 27, 2023
i would never recommend self immobilization. being set on fire is the most painful thing a human can endure, it would be an excruciating way to go. not to mention the fact that if someone discovered you before you die (they likely will because of the inevitable screams of desperation and torture) and saved you, you'll have severe injuries, and you'll be worse off than before.

Reactions: promapicide and whatnowbruh
crimsonsflower

crimsonsflower

OWN
Feb 4, 2024
self immolation is an incredibly intentional act, and i know speaking at least for myself, would be probably the last way i'd like to go out. that's usually why it's only something that's done as a political act because of how unfathomably painful it is. it goes without saying that it's much less a method as it is a statement of some sort (thinking about it purely conceptually). pretty much every time we've ever seen it done is in order to make some kind of political statement.

Reactions: jusbug, whatnowbruh and opheliaoveragain
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
There was a large conversation about this earlier today. Many reasons for not doing this were discussed.

Yes, death is all but guaranteed.
You are also guaranteed to experience the searing flames of hell until death finally takes you.

This method did not get a good rating.

Reactions: SVEN, whatnowbruh and opheliaoveragain
A

athiestjoe

Passenger
Sep 24, 2024
Welcome to the site.

Once you have been here for a little bit and unlock the search feature, I encourage you to use that feature to do some easier searching. There are plenty, plenty of posts and discussions about it.

In short, self-immolation is outstanding painful, it is probably one of if not the most painful ways. The chances of someone doing it, screaming in agony and being found and "rescued" then end up in a permanetly painful condition is far more likely than being able to carry through with it until death. And if things don't go as planned and someone survives, those lifelong burns and disfigurement would be way worse than before. This is the form done for political protests, not really people wanting to CTB but to make a statement so they choose this method to draw attention to their political statement (like the Buddhist monks who did this for example). It is not instant, full of suffering.

Google Aaron Bushnell who did this outside an embassy recently, he poured gas all over himself beforehand. He was fully on fire, but didn't die until he was taken to a hospital. Not ideal. Not reliable. Outstandingly painful. Maxwell Azzarello is another example and he seemed to languish in agony a lot longer.

There are better ways to do CTB that won't end in long lasting pain if it is not successful or someone intervenes. This should be considered a non-method.

Choose a different method.

I hope you find everything you are looking for and find peace & serenity.

Reactions: SVEN, whatnowbruh, LunarLight and 2 others
W

whatnowbruh

Oct 7, 2024
There was a large conversation about this earlier today. Many reasons for not doing this were discussed.

Yes, death is all but guaranteed.
You are also guaranteed to experience the searing flames of hell until death finally takes you.

This method did not get a good rating.
Wait you're saying death is not guaranteed with this ?

BoredNTired

BoredNTired

Wants to sleep for a good long while
Sep 30, 2024
Wait you're saying death is not guaranteed with this ?
I've read that it has a success rate of about 80%, but thats only really if improper accelerants use or application comes into play. As long as proper accelerants are applied over oneself (gasoline, diesel, most pure alchohols, ect) and caution is taken for anyone who may be able to put you out, it should more or less be guaranteed. Still, as everyone else has said already, its a very dangerous, painful, and slow method, and in the case of survival, your condition would likely be one of the worst possible compared to any other potential method failing. If you prefer it to others for reasons other than effectivness or quality, then just take precautions and be aware of what it will be like.

depthss

depthss

wikihow
Dec 12, 2023
probably arent any resources because its incredibly painful, takes a few minutes, which is a long time when you consider the pain, and failing will result in horrible, permanent injuries