• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Darkover

Darkover

Illuminated
Jul 29, 2021
You ask yourself, "Why nobody gives a damn about me?" I have the answer. No one cares about you. It's not personal. It's just human nature.

This applies to everything you need or want. It applies to all the people in your life, including your parents and your family.

No one cares what you want

Your boss doesn't give a shit if you come to work. He cares if you make his job more difficult because of your absence, but he doesn't REALLY care what happens to you.

It's not malicious. He's just got his own shit to worry about. So he doesn't give a shit about you.

That girl you want to date doesn't care that you can't get her off your mind. The flu isn't out to get you. It just took an opportunity to do what it's supposed to do. It doesn't give a shit about you.

People care about themselves and how a situation will increase what's valuable to them. If you understand that sentence, you'll never have a problem again.

It's so important that I'll write it again, phrased differently, and in bold letters. No one gives a shit about you unless there's something in it for them.

That's ok, because you don't really care what they think either.

It's the same with that girl you're mentally undressing. She doesn't give a shit that you think she's sexy. That's not gonna make her want to date you.

What's in it for her? Are you good-looking? Are you interesting? Do you have money and status? What do you bring to the table that's valuable to her?

If you want more from the world, you have to give more to the world. The world doesn't owe you shit. No amount of sulking or protesting will ever change this.

Life isn't fair. Well actually, it is fair because it's unfair to everyone.

dinosavr

dinosavr

take me to the rooftop 🌃
Dec 14, 2023
Wow, the way you've just described all I've been thinking about human beings but I was never able to express it in words.
Anything we do for the others is just a side effect of what we do for ourselves…