clicktokill

clicktokill

swan
Nov 14, 2023
hi i reported grooming and sexual assault it happened when i was really young i was 13 the guy was 21. the only reason it got reported was because i tried to ctb but someone called police on me so i had to report it. The police i have feeling that they don't believe me it's been months since i reported it and arrested has not been made, i can't stand him living a normal life and denying everything while i have to suffer so much. I held all of this in for so long and now that i said something no one believes me. I need advice what do i do now. I know if i ctb it'll probably make him happy i do not want that but i am also so tired of having to prove this really happened to me.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: IwantHappiness, Jeav, spiritualvirgin and 9 others
maniac116

maniac116

My own worst enemy🌹💔
Aug 10, 2024
I'm so sorry you were violated. 🌹💔

• Love
Reactions: clicktokill
-Link-

-Link-

Deep Breaths
Aug 25, 2018
Not being believed is a common problem for survivors of sexual assault. Are there any local organizations you could reach out to for support or information about what your legal options are? We can advise and support you as best we can here, but what I would really like to see for you is some in-person, face-to-face support with someone who has a deep, empathetic understanding of what it is to experience this.

I am very sorry you are going through this.

I would like to offer you much more than this, but I am not knowledgeable enough about this to do that. Maybe some other people here will be able to give you some better or more specific advice.

Wishing you as best as can be in trying to get through this.

• Love
Reactions: GuessWhosBack, vukmadewave, landslide2 and 2 others
clicktokill

clicktokill

swan
Nov 14, 2023
Not being believed is a common problem for survivors of sexual assault. Are there any local organizations you could reach out to for support or information about what your legal options are? We can advise and support you as best we can here, but what I would really like to see for you is some in-person, face-to-face support with someone who has a deep, empathetic understanding of what it is to experience this.

I am very sorry you are going through this.

I would like to offer you much more than this, but I am not knowledgeable enough about this to do that. Maybe some other people here will be able to give you some better or more specific advice.

Wishing you as best as can be in trying to get through this.
i have been trying to but i don't even know my case number so it is difficult to ask for help of an organization because they ask for that, thank you for your kind words.

• Hugs
Reactions: -Link-
-Link-

-Link-

Deep Breaths
Aug 25, 2018
i have been trying to but i don't even know my case number so it is difficult to ask for help of an organization because they ask for that, thank you for your kind words.
Uggggh I suppose the organization has their reasons for this, but this is a barrier you could really do without right now.

Do you recall the name(s) of the police officers you interacted with? Dates, times, locations where you interacted with the police? Could you go to the police department and talk to someone who could get that information for you? Is there anyone close to you who you trust who could assist you with this?

Maybe you'll be met with resistance on the part of the police or even those "vibes of not believing", but I would encourage you to stand your ground and hold your head up high as best you can with them. Some people may not believe you, but you know the truth. So you are within your right to do whatever you need to do to get through this, and if anybody has a problem with it, too bad for them.

• Love
Reactions: greeneyedgirl and clicktokill
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I'm so sorry for your situation. It must feel awful and they should have the sensitivity to reassure you that they do believe you and are acting on your claim.

That said, legally and morally really- I imagine they do need proof. It has worked the other way in the past. People have been accused, convicted and served time for rapes, even murders they were falsely accused of. So- they can't just go off of someone's word and I imagine they will want to build as strong a case as possible to prosecute.

Do you contact them regularly for updates? Also, do you have anyone supporting you in this? I would have thought there must be liaison officers or whatever who should be explaining the process and keeping you updated.

You mentioned you don't know your case number. Can you ring up or visit your local station if they require ID to find it out? I wouldn't rely on them keeping you informed. Sadly in this world, you need to chase for things to happen. I hope you get some better support soon.

• Love
Reactions: -Link- and clicktokill
clicktokill

clicktokill

swan
Nov 14, 2023
I'm so sorry for your situation. It must feel awful and they should have the sensitivity to reassure you that they do believe you and are acting on your claim.

That said, legally and morally really- I imagine they do need proof. It has worked the other way in the past. People have been accused, convicted and served time for rapes, even murders they were falsely accused of. So- they can't just go off of someone's word and I imagine they will want to build as strong a case as possible to prosecute.

Do you contact them regularly for updates? Also, do you have anyone supporting you in this? I would have thought there must be liaison officers or whatever who should be explaining the process and keeping you updated.

You mentioned you don't know your case number. Can you ring up or visit your local station if they require ID to find it out? I wouldn't rely on them keeping you informed. Sadly in this world, you need to chase for things to happen. I hope you get some better support soon.
I think i have more than enough proof there is 100s of messages and test they did on me and how i've never been the same since all of that happened, but i know this stuff takes time i just wish they could inform me more about stuff when i call they don't answer and since it happened when i was a minor it's a SVU case so i can't just go to the police station

• Hugs
Reactions: -Link- and Forever Sleep
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think i have more than enough proof there is 100s of messages and test they did on me and how i've never been the same since all of that happened, but i know this stuff takes time i just wish they could inform me more about stuff when i call they don't answer and since it happened when i was a minor it's a SVU case so i can't just go to the police station

They really should be keeping you informed about their progress. Did they leave you with any numbers or specific officers to contact? You'd think- with a crime that obviously has such a huge impact on a victim that there would be more support. I'm sorry.

• Love
spiritualvirgin

spiritualvirgin

artificial death in the west ☭
Aug 16, 2024
hi i reported grooming and sexual assault it happened when i was really young i was 13 the guy was 21. the only reason it got reported was because i tried to ctb but someone called police on me so i had to report it. The police i have feeling that they don't believe me it's been months since i reported it and arrested has not been made, i can't stand him living a normal life and denying everything while i have to suffer so much. I held all of this in for so long and now that i said something no one believes me. I need advice what do i do now. I know if i ctb it'll probably make him happy i do not want that but i am also so tired of having to prove this really happened to me.
i'm so sorry this happened to you i experienced a similar thing and i was always way too scared to come out about it to strangers (especially men) because of how they often don't even believe the victim and rather care about the mens life. when friends of mine recently called the police on a guy who was harassing them on the street, the police officer asked them "how they would describe their outfits" to write that down and i live in germany, a country which is pretending to be super progressive regarding gender equality. i feel like in this patriarchal society they don't want to belive us, there are always to many men who are scared that they or one of their brothers will be next. it always mekes me so angry that my abuser is out there having a normal life probably hurting other people and i feel like it is my fault.
the music of lingua ignota really helped me dealing with that rage and sadness inside of me, it made me feel understood and not alone. her music is about her own experiences with sexual and domestic violence and her fandom calls her songs survivor anthems, which i think is very accurate. mabye you'd find comfort in her music too.
again i'm so sorry that happened to you and that society is dealing with things like this in such a fucked up way, we deserved way better <3

• Love