StarryStarry

StarryStarry

Cat Lady
Oct 25, 2021
Well, I held out hope to stay where I am, but that hope was just dashed. I had an interview a couple weeks ago and hadn't heard from them so I thought if they hire me then I can stay where I am and keep my furniture and household stuff. Well I emailed them on Friday morning without a response, not wanting to give up quite yet I emailed again this morning. The attorney (aka Ass Hole) finally emailed me back and said, "It was so nice meeting you. Unfortunately, we have gone into a different direction." So, I guess I need to move forward, quit looking back, put my terrifying fear of failure behind me and move 1500 miles from where I am living now. I will literally be starting my life over. I'm 60 years old and this is really hard for me at this age, but the option is to give Sweet Pea up and ctb, which would be great for me, but I don't know what would happen to her - she would probably be euthanized because of her age and health issues. I can't do that. So, I am going to quash the voices in my head that are continually telling me that I'm a failure, I won't succeed at any job, I'll fail at every turn. It's so hard to shut these voices out. If anyone has any idea how to do this I would be oh so grateful to hear. Thank you for listening.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: waitingforrest, Eternally Dottie, noname223 and 10 others
A

anxious_depressive

I'm in despair
Dec 21, 2021
It is very difficult and scary to start your life elsewhere.

But maybe this step will help you start a new life with Sweet pea.

I can see how much you love her and care about her.

Don't think about failure.
Set a goal for yourself and strive for it.

Have you talked to your future employer yet?
Is he ready to hire you?

Job confidence
slightly reduces the stress associated with moving.

I know that words won't help much in such a stressful situation, but I want to support you.

Please forgive me if my words seem silly.

Reactions: noname223 and Ashu
StarryStarry

StarryStarry

Cat Lady
Oct 25, 2021
It is very difficult and scary to start your life elsewhere.

But maybe this step will help you start a new life with Sweet pea.

I can see how much you love her and care about her.

Don't think about failure.
Set a goal for yourself and strive for it.

Have you talked to your future employer yet?
Is he ready to hire you?

Job confidence
slightly reduces the stress associated with moving.

I know that words won't help much in such a stressful situation, but I want to support you.

Please forgive me if my words seem silly.
Thank you sooooooooo much for your words. Being alone makes things so scary. I know I should act my age, my my emotional age is quite young. The folks I'm going to work for have been staying in touch with me and I've been asking questions of them. I'm just so terrified. Ironically, I've moved around most of my life but I've been here for so long that this is terrifying. I feel like hiding in the closet and never coming out. Do you mind if I pm you when I get really anxious. I understand if you would prefer not to.

Reactions: noname223
A

anxious_depressive

I'm in despair
Dec 21, 2021
Thank you sooooooooo much for your words. Being alone makes things so scary. I know I should act my age, my my emotional age is quite young. The folks I'm going to work for have been staying in touch with me and I've been asking questions of them. I'm just so terrified. Ironically, I've moved around most of my life but I've been here for so long that this is terrifying. I feel like hiding in the closet and never coming out. Do you mind if I pm you when I get really anxious. I understand if you would prefer not to.
Of course, you can write to me.
šŸ¤—šŸ¤—šŸ¤—

Reactions: noname223