BeeLoyal

BeeLoyal

Is Existence Just A Test?
Apr 27, 2020
So today I had a talk with my father, about traveling. I came to the conclusion that I will never be able to see the beautiful places in africa, south america, asia etc because I straight up don't have the money for it, neither a job which would give me enough money to take time off or book a flight or even a bus to far away. The costs for traveling to another continent are several thousands of euros... So even if you were to work several years in a row with a good loan, if you want to take time off of work for lets say just 3 months, you have to pay for the social security/ healthcare etc by yourself in these months which is costing so incredibly much. Also you have to add up money for when an emergency occurs.
So even if you work your ass off for years, you might be able to travel, what, 2/3 months? In 2/3 months you see a lot, but nothing compared to what you could see on this earth. And after your trip has ended, you have seen lots of things, perhaps, but when you come home, you start at zero.

We were born into a world, being forced to live by what society wants from you. If you don't do that, you either die or are on your own, which is basically impossible in this time.
You need money to even being able to live, you need money to be able to see different parts on this earth, how fucked up is this in itself?
Maybe it would have been better if we just stayed where we were like 50.000 years ago. Have nature, live by -and through nature, no one telling you what to do, and if you're dumb you die sonner than others - as simple as that.

Well, now I feel even more depressed, realizing I am not even allowed to see this world, because I am not born into some rich family who could afford this no problem.
fuck all of this meaningless and fucked up life

I'll attach some photos, breathtaking, really, but not even close to being able to enjoy this in person.

Barefoot kuata island Amazing places to see before you die 8 2 Unbelievable places 28 3 Unbelievable places 22 1 Amazing places to see before you die 19 1 Amazing places to see before you die 9 Amazing places to see before you die 36 2

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Arisa, Good4Nothing, Fragile and 8 others
DeathNoot

DeathNoot

Student
Feb 19, 2020
I agree with you. Although I am grateful to have done some minor travel, there are so many places I would love to see. I hate how money is the source of so many problems. Granted, you can't really travel atm anyways...

• Aww..
Reactions: DoNotLet2
mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
I hate that I never travelled, too. It shouldn't be so expensive just to go somewhere..

last_tour

last_tour

Apr 8, 2020
If you actually go to those places its usually full of tourists and nothing like the pictures (they are always heavily photoshopped). You spend thousands just to see scenery, its kind of dumb. I've done it before and I'd rather be somewhere alone and peaceful.

Reactions: Pan and autumnal
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
I feel the same way, and this really hurts me from time to time. but i already accepted the fact that i won't be able see this beautiful world with my own eyes.

a couple years ago i had some money and the opportunity to travel, but i didn't take it. my health issues started to get worse and my mental health became unbearable, i could barely get out of my apartment, there's no ways that could roam roam on another country.
and then some financial issues of some family members were the final nail on the coffin of that dream.

this world is expensive and demanding, at least i can see pictures of those beautiful places on the internet... it's something i guess.

• Aww..
Reactions: Pan and DoNotLet2
P

Pan

Paragon
Oct 24, 2019
So today I had a talk with my father, about traveling. I came to the conclusion that I will never be able to see the beautiful places in africa, south america, asia etc because I straight up don't have the money for it, neither a job which would give me enough money to take time off or book a flight or even a bus to far away. The costs for traveling to another continent are several thousands of euros... So even if you were to work several years in a row with a good loan, if you want to take time off of work for lets say just 3 months, you have to pay for the social security/ healthcare etc by yourself in these months which is costing so incredibly much. Also you have to add up money for when an emergency occurs.
So even if you work your ass off for years, you might be able to travel, what, 2/3 months? In 2/3 months you see a lot, but nothing compared to what you could see on this earth. And after your trip has ended, you have seen lots of things, perhaps, but when you come home, you start at zero.

We were born into a world, being forced to live by what society wants from you. If you don't do that, you either die or are on your own, which is basically impossible in this time.
You need money to even being able to live, you need money to be able to see different parts on this earth, how fucked up is this in itself?
Maybe it would have been better if we just stayed where we were like 50.000 years ago. Have nature, live by -and through nature, no one telling you what to do, and if you're dumb you die sonner than others - as simple as that.

Well, now I feel even more depressed, realizing I am not even allowed to see this world, because I am not born into some rich family who could afford this no problem.
fuck all of this meaningless and fucked up life

I'll attach some photos, breathtaking, really, but not even close to being able to enjoy this in person.

View attachment 35393View attachment 35394View attachment 35395View attachment 35396View attachment 35397View attachment 35398View attachment 35399
Beautiful but trust me; i've seen the world and it was'nt worth it.

• Wow
Reactions: DoNotLet2
P

Pan

Paragon
Oct 24, 2019
I have been all over the world; believe me, don't waste your valuable time...the Maldives? A pile of trash n the beach....Papua New Guinea? A pile of trash on the beach. The Seychelles? A pile of trash on the beach. Congo Brazzaville? A pile of trash in the streets. Ditto ditto ditto. Don't buy into it; stay where you are, savoring fotos, all the while knowing that they LIE.

LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
I have cousins on my dad's side that basically got to live like trust fund babies, I know one of them traveled to basically everywhere..and sorry, but a liberal arts degree doesn't pay for that. Yet they didn't go to their own grandmother's funeral. As if they couldn't afford a plane ticket. (Not that I went either, but I don't go anywhere or see anyone, I have completely different circumstances and I was the only one who always talked to her on the phone at least.) We are their only first cousins and we weren't even invited to the wedding of the elder one, not to either of her ceremonies..which I believe she had two. It's very bizarre and hurtful, because we were quite close as kids. Perhaps they didn't want to risk an embarrassment such as myself actually showing up. But why give the cold shoulder to the rest of my family too. Makes you wonder.

I don't know if it was the spoils of their lives or what, I just know that I will never get the same opportunities and coddling that they had. I will never get to travel to the places I wanted to see. I won't even escape my own skin.
I don't have the money or luck to do either!
I guess the only luck I've got is being able to hide-in place-under the rotting roof that I do have.
Some people in my position don't even have that.

Life is truly unfair, you would think with whatever issues we had and whatever freedoms we lacked, we would at least not have to be tortured by having those relative to use live near-demonically over-privileged lives in comparison.
And with social media the way it is, everyone is getting tortured by the privileged. They will dangle their pictures and experiences, their beauty and their smiling faces over everyone else's head. So sorry you won't be able to see the rest of the world OP.
I know one could argue, when it comes down to it, it's all one in the same. But we already have no choice in having been born, we already suffer, so we should at the very least, not be starved of the opportunities that enrapture us.

• Aww..
Reactions: taylor321
P

Pan

Paragon
Oct 24, 2019
Be grateful that you live in the 21st century; take it from me, globalism is a royal bore.