• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

BeyondTheHorizon

BeyondTheHorizon

Nov 14, 2022
Hi guys. I know this is already a topic that's heavily discussed across the website, but I would really like to receive some help with the exit bag method. I've been reading quite a few threads on here, but unfortunately most people give very detailed help only for the US specifications of the canister and regulator required. For example, I've read that in the US the recommended cylinder sizes are 20 to 40 cubic feet, but all canisters I'm seeing available in UK use measurements like "47 litre at 200 bar" or "8.5 metre cubed" (this makes especially no sense, at that is like 210000 cubic feet).

I know I probably sound like I've been lazy with my research, but I really have been looking for quite a while and can't seem to find reliable info on exactly which UK specifications I should look for. I've bought "Final Exit" by Derek Humphry but he doesn't go into much detail regarding UK measurements either. I could also do with some specific options for regulators and if there are any types or sizes of hose I need to look out for.

I thank you all kindly for any help you can give me in advance. I'm determined to do this right the first time.

Reactions: Endex
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
I just bought a tank that looked reasonably sized (most are, except for the miniature bottles) and a regulator and it happened to fit. If you buy it all from the UK it'll most likely just fit. No technicalities neccessary

Reactions: BeyondTheHorizon
BeyondTheHorizon

BeyondTheHorizon

Nov 14, 2022
I just bought a tank that looked reasonably sized (most are, except for the miniature bottles) and a regulator and it happened to fit. If you buy it all from the UK it'll most likely just fit. No technicalities neccessary
Cheers for the quick reply! How much did the tank/regulator cost you roughly? and what size was the one you bought? I'm seeing some now that are as tall as a human being but I'm sure that's much too big. I'm currently browsing shopairproducts.co.uk, do you happen to know if that's a reliable website? It says they even deliver.

If this works as well as I expect it to, I will be CTB very soon.

L

lebrodude

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2022

did you have any trouble purchasing nitrogen here in the uk?
I've considered buying some online but I'm wary if they will ask what it's for or if they will even deliver to a personal address and not a business one.

thanks.

jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
Cheers for the quick reply! How much did the tank/regulator cost you roughly? and what size was the one you bought? I'm seeing some now that are as tall as a human being but I'm sure that's much too big. I'm currently browsing shopairproducts.co.uk, do you happen to know if that's a reliable website? It says they even deliver.

If this works as well as I expect it to, I will be CTB very soon.
The tank was 9 litres if I remember right, it cost about £150. If you're looking at one for about £30 or less then it's a miniature bottle which is no good. Yeah one as tall as a person is total overkill. I only bought them on eBay so I don't know about shopairproducts I'm afraid!
did you have any trouble purchasing nitrogen here in the uk?
I've considered buying some online but I'm wary if they will ask what it's for or if they will even deliver to a personal address and not a business one.

thanks.
It was Argon, I couldn't find nitrogen. I just went to eBay, no questions were asked

• Love
Reactions: BeyondTheHorizon
BeyondTheHorizon

BeyondTheHorizon

Nov 14, 2022
The tank was 9 litres if I remember right, it cost about £150. If you're looking at one for about £30 or less then it's a miniature bottle which is no good. Yeah one as tall as a person is total overkill. I only bought them on eBay so I don't know about shopairproducts I'm afraid!

It was Argon, I couldn't find nitrogen. I just went to eBay, no questions were asked
Thanks Jodes, I've found a couple of UK websites now and BOC and ShopAirProducts seem to be rated the highest. I'm finding 30L technical grade nitrogen cylinders for around £40, any idea why they might be so cheap? Also, how much did your regulator cost? If you're planning on using your bottle soon I wish you the best of luck. See you on the other side, if it exists.

@lebrodude to answer your question they seem to be lenient with delivering to home addresses, and also have store pick up options. I've found nothing online about any UK Nitrogen sales regulations. It's not a dangerous gas (unless you intend to use it the way we do) so I doubt you'll have many issues. I'll be making an account and placing an order on one of those websites soon so I'll let you know how it goes.

jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
Thanks Jodes, I've found a couple of UK websites now and BOC and ShopAirProducts seem to be rated the highest. I'm finding 30L technical grade nitrogen cylinders for around £40, any idea why they might be so cheap? Also, how much did your regulator cost? If you're planning on using your bottle soon I wish you the best of luck. See you on the other side, if it exists.

@lebrodude to answer your question they seem to be lenient with delivering to home addresses, and also have store pick up options. I've found nothing online about any UK Nitrogen sales regulations. It's not a dangerous gas (unless you intend to use it the way we do) so I doubt you'll have many issues. I'll be making an account and placing an order on one of those websites soon so I'll let you know how it goes.
I wonder if that 30 litres refers to expanded amount of gas rather than compressed, in which case it's a miniature. £40 seems too good to be true. I think I paid about £20 for the regulator but it was a while ago, I don't really remember

L

lebrodude

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2022

id really appreciate that , thanks.

im still really early in my planning with this method and have a lot of research to do, but it would be nice to attain the nitrogen and keep it in storage as a starting step.

A

Amccorm2

Nov 7, 2022
Nitrogen is quite good for purging moisture from buried cables, in case anyone asks. Electrical or telecoms ones to be specific.

Not everyone looks like a welder.

GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
I'm finding 30L technical grade nitrogen cylinders for around £40, any idea why they might be so cheap?
That's indeed very cheap, maybe that's the price with some rental/contract involved?
Btw don't buy the 30L, that's too much, a 30L cylinder is super big and HEAVY.

I'm looking for exactly the same thing; can anyone confirm this is suitable? https://shopairproducts.co.uk/product.php?id=14620
Yep, that's a really good 5.0 cylinder.

Q

QuieterTimes

London SN partner?
Nov 23, 2022
That's indeed very cheap, maybe that's the price with some rental/contract involved?

what's 5.0?

Q

QuieterTimes

London SN partner?
Nov 23, 2022
Yeah, worked it out after I'd replied.

BeyondTheHorizon

BeyondTheHorizon

Nov 14, 2022

Hi GasMonkey,

Really appreciate the advice. I've just put in an order for the 10L cylinder you vouched for in this post. I've read elsewhere that it needs to run at 15LPM for a good 20 minutes, are you sure this one isn't too small? How do I convert and calculate how long this cylinder would keep "hissing"? Thanks again in advance. I should find out in 24 hours if they'll deliver it to me.

BeyondTheHorizon

BeyondTheHorizon

Nov 14, 2022
Hi guys,

I tried to buy a bottle of Nitrogen yesterday. My story was that my dad was starting a beer-brewing venture and that my brother and I wanted to supply him with nitrogen and a regulator for Christmas. Unfortunately, my story fell through, as I had selected a "technical grade" nitrogen bottle over a "food grade" one.

My question is, is "food grade" nitrogen still useful to CTB? The company said they don't have anything below 30L cylinders for food grade, which is much too big and heavy obviously. If food grade is fine, I'll take my story to another vendor, and if not, does anyone have a good story to purchase "technical grade" nitrogen?

To clarify, they were willing to supply, but didn't have an appropriate size food-grade cylinder and I couldn't change my story to suit the technical grade stuff after I said it was for beer brewing.

Cheers,

BTH